Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your favourite hip hop album of all time?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Still Illadelph Halflife by The Roots for me I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I much prefer the first one. There are probably some individually stronger songs on II, but the feel of the first, the mix and probably the time it was released all make I #1 for me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boom_Bap viewpost.gif
    I much prefer the first one. There are probably some individually stronger songs on II, but the feel of the first, the mix and probably the time it was released all make I #1 for me.

maybe its because i bought the second one first and it brings me back to a certain time in my life plus id heard half the songs off soundbombing one before i bought it.the two albums got stolen on me in oz i was freaked over it not even about my other belongings,spent the whole next day walking sydney untill i found a place that sold them.
    always had a theory about compilation albums that everone is doing their best to out do the other so the tracks and albums are usually killer.talib kwelis 2000 seasons on the first one is one of my all time favourite tracks.

this would be my second favourite album another compliation very gritty new york feel to it
    51ZEAYPPTML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Love that Premo Reality Check, some excellent songs on it. You should listen to what some of the people on it are making these days!
    HipHopSite.com recently released a free download of the cassette version in 2 mp3 parts, side A and side B. Its a small bit different forr the cassette version around the switching of sides if you are used to the Vinyl or CD version.

Another strong favorite if mine is the Lyricist Lounge I compilation. Bangers throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Love that Premo Reality Check, some excellent songs on it. You should listen to what some of the people on it are making these days!
    HipHopSite.com recently released a free download of the cassette version in 2 mp3 parts, side A and side B. Its a small bit different forr the cassette version around the switching of sides if you are used to the Vinyl or CD version.

Another strong favorite if mine is the Lyricist Lounge I compilation. Bangers throughout.

I keep up to date with a lot of the artists on it.that was the beauty of it it brought a lot of these unknown artists to the fore l- fudge shades of Brooklyn.wasn't too pushed with the lyricist longer compilations apart from a few individual tracks pretty much like the underground airplay compilations very hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

Reflection Eternal: Train of Thought or Black on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

beano345 wrote: »
    61Jnr619FoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

this..worth every penny never get tired of listening to it the first soundbombing was a classic too.

dont have this album anymore but the album is kickin

Advertisement