Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of DMX and ruff ryders??

• 13-10-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

More so dmx but swiss is dropping hints it could be a whole re-union that would be class imo.

DMX is releasing some good new music, do you think he can make a successful comeback? impact the commercial scene as much as he use to with hard music...

if he can stay out of trouble we could have some good music on our hands going by these 2 latest releases.

dmx is really a forgotten man in hip hop, im a huge fan i think this time he will stay out of jail and do it right at least i hope so, there's no one like dmx in hip hop brings so much energy to his music maybe busta in his prime can match him in terms of just raw energy on a track not many though.

cant wait to hear a cdq version of this, the beat is unreal aswell as X... just have flex droppin bombs on it:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I hope so I always thought it should have made more of a mainstream impact:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Im a fan of DMX as well, one thing about his new stuff is he still has that 'Grand Champ' rhyme style to it, probably my least favourite style X has ever done. Hope he comes back with something good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

no denying he killed the bet with this performance ... he got the best performance of the night easy too see why.. brought a lot of energy to his performance great too see.

as far as i know swiss beats is going to release a few more dmx songs in his monster mondays in the build up to his new album, he done an interview with mtv talking about his previous management and new album etc

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/10/18/dmx-sets-the-record-straight-on-fake-reps/

looks like the comeback is defiantly on looking forward to hearing the new music.

cdq for i dont dance ft mgk

not feeling it at all, but like the concept behind it.

DMX is a beast, we all know this but he was never going to be a commercial success he has been kicking around for a long long time but his music generally is not something that most people would like.

Hope he gets a few songs recognized like he has done the odd time just so he doesn't go back to jail etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

he was huge for a period, what was it, 3 consecutive number ones in a year, or something crazy like that.
    he was most definitely commercial, suppose his demons got the better of him and derailed his career.

he was huge for a period, what was it, 3 consecutive number ones in a year, or something crazy like that.
    he was most definitely commercial, suppose his demons got the better of him and derailed his career.

true, yes he was commercial but when you think of it back a few years ago gangsta rap was at its peak in terms of exposure but the other side of it is anything thats highly successful is going to be classed as commercial no matter what it sounds like.

i mean when X was in his prime and his music was successful commercially, it was still pretty hard and aggressive content but thats what everyone seemed to want back then.

the difference between now and back then is the commercial scene has totally changed as in regards to hip hop and whats selling and what isnt, gangsta rap seems to have totally declined bar rick ross but even at that he still doesnt do big numbers.
    Hope he gets a few songs recognized like he has done the odd time just so he doesn't go back to jail etc.

he will never be on the level he use to be on in terms of reconigtion and exposure unless he adapts to the current hip hop climate and you heard the interview it isnt something he is going to do, which in fairness i admire him for.

if only dre took this stance on detox :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I hope so I always thought it should have made more of a mainstream impact:

DMX sold a ****load of albums. Something like 20 million in the US alone. For an artist as hardcore as him thats pretty mainstream.
    Quality tune btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

DMX's first two albums are class. Ruff Ryders had the best roster in hip hop at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

you lads should have a look at his interview on the breakfast club yesterday morning.

http://www.power1051fm.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=449850&article=9801211

talks about his album, current rappers, pulling some guy over pretending to be police etc haha

good listen!

• Advertisement

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    DMX sold a ****load of albums. Something like 20 million in the US alone. For an artist as hardcore as him thats pretty mainstream.
    Quality tune btw.
    didnt he either match, or break some record garth brooks held in the states back around the time his first 3 albums came out?
    taking into account garth brooks was HUGE back then.

He looks like he still really wants to make music, hip-hop needs him as the interviewer in the other thread said because he does not sugar coat anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Last I saw of him, some lad from the crowd hopped up on stage at one of his gigs and tried to bash him, he looked pretty angry, wonder what it was over?

Dramatik wrote: »
    Last I saw of him, some lad from the crowd hopped up on stage at one of his gigs and tried to bash him, he looked pretty angry, wonder what it was over?

Ye remember that, I say it was just some random muppet tbh.

@ vagner Ye the interview was class, he was just straight up and honest.

The part when the radio host compared rick Ross to biggie was hilarious dmx just shot him down straight away

Also the comparison of jeezy to 2pac was funny too, dmx totally rubbished both claims which were tbh laughable.

That's that idiot diddy who got that rick Ross /biggie comparison started, as X said he looks like him that's it!!

Yeah "he has lyrics" and DMX was clearly thinking "yes, he has lyrics I suppose they are not good lyrics though"

Yeah "he has lyrics" and DMX was clearly thinking "yes, he has lyrics I suppose they are not good lyrics though"

Who has lryics Ross?

Tbh most of the names mentioned in that interview are terrible lyricists jeezy, Wayne, Ross, drake there all cat as far being a lryicist.

Imo All of Ross's stuff is the same with the grunts and the shouts of rozay or boss, Wayne seriously raps about fu*k all and that's when he's not mumbling and jeezy is 1 of the worst rappers Iv ever heard, never being a fan of him and drake is a pop star who dabbles with abc raps.

One of the interviewers said Ross has lyrics and X was just staring at him, nearly speechless.

I don't like Ross and X sums it up how much can you listen about money and food?

One of the interviewers said Ross has lyrics and X was just staring at him, nearly speechless.

I don't like Ross and X sums it up how much can you listen about money and food?

ah right ye my bad picked you up wrong.

ye your right agree all the way, he is so over rated atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

I hope they let da dog loose on young money.. I loved Xs first two albums but since his beat selection since then has been pretty poor. x over some apollo brown beats i think might sound cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

They were saying they wanna here the likes of damien (which happens to be my favourite X tune) and other grimy tunes like that, X had no problem with that so hopefully we get a few tunes that just sound like the old X
    I'm really hoping he comes back guns blazing and releases a cracker of an album, he's the main person who's album I'm looking forward to, Detox can suck my balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

my favorite X song.. its beast

I hope they let da dog loose on young money.. I loved Xs first two albums but since his beat selection since then has been pretty poor. x over some apollo brown beats i think might sound cool

as much as i want it myself, its not going to happen as dmx is on good terms with wayne and cash money but then again that wont stop X but none of those rappers he named in the interview will respond to dmx so not a hope imo.

like wayne called him a legend etc about a month back too.

its not enough that youse can ignore the music, youse want x to go all out on its artists, seriously?

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    its not enough that youse can ignore the music, youse want x to go all out on its artists, seriously?

why not?

not sure why its important in all honesty, really dont understand why ignoring something is not enough, personally speaking.
    in any how, as much as i like him, im not sure the current x has it in him.
    was he ever that sort of rapper?

not sure why its important in all honesty, really dont understand why ignoring something is not enough, personally speaking.
    in any how, as much as i like him, im not sure the current x has it in him.
    was he ever that sort of rapper?

i just want too see some battling again amongst the more known rappers, i think lil wayne and most of their crew do everything they can to avoid battling tbh.

but ye you could be right the current x does look a bit vulnerable but i dont think young money would prove to be much competition in all honestly.

ye x has only really had problems with ja and that was squashed.

i just want too see some battling again amongst the more known rappers, i think lil wayne and most of their crew do everything they can to avoid battling tbh.

but ye you could be right the current x does look a bit vulnerable but i dont think young money would prove to be much competition in all honestly.

ye x has only really had problems with ja and that was squashed.
    ye was just thinking, i know he had beef with ja, made a song as far as i remember(could be wrong), nothing special either if im right.
    not too sure if x is the battling type.

ye was just thinking, i know he had beef with ja, made a song as far as i remember(could be wrong), nothing special either if im right.
    not too sure if x is the battling type.

na he really isnt when you think of it, i say tbh a lot of rappers are intimidated by him, did you see him in those jet lee flicks? lol

i dont think ja ever responded to dmx on wax tbh though but as far as i know they go back a long way through irv gotti.

these 2 are the only ones i can think of, the one with 50 and styles is more subliminal but at the same time quite obvious.

He is not know for battling but he would beat most rappers hands down.

"I don't like his face" and the aggression/passion in his lyrics would make him win easily.

• Advertisement

think hes one of those that other rappers wouldnt dare go at, hes one of the realist guys in the game, pity his demons got the better of him.

Advertisement