Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring application for local authority housing

Options
  • 13-10-2011 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    Im sorry if this is not the right forum and sorry if this is not the right way to post a question. But I applied for a council house at the South Dublin local authority and now I want to change it to Dun Laoghaire city council. Is this possible?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

mark1972 wrote: »
    Hi
    Im sorry if this is not the right forum and sorry if this is not the right way to post a question. But I applied for a council house at the South Dublin local authority and now I want to change it to Dun Laoghaire city council. Is this possible?
    Thanks
    As far as I know, you can apply to as many local authorities as you like. If so, it would probably be no harm to be on both housing lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you not get a choice of a number of areas? Can those choices straddle two or more council areas.

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown has a county council.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Victor wrote: »
    Do you not get a choice of a number of areas? Can those choices straddle two or more council areas.

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown has a county council.
    I think you get a couple of choices of areas within the boundaries of whichever LA you're applying to. But, for example, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown wouldn't be in a position to offer you housing in Dublin City so if you wanted to live there you would have to make a separate application to them.

I am open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Since April this year there are new rules regarding the housing list, the first and biggest change is that you can only be on the housing authority list for the area which you live so when you transfer from SDCC to DLRDCC you have to take your name off SDCC - you have to prove you have done this by providing a letter from the housing authority which you have just removed yourself from

At the end of the form you get to choose which area you would like to live in, on the old form the choices where for the areas within the County council you are applying however the new form list all the areas of Dublin but you can still only pick 3

If you have chosen an area that is not within your County council then the council forward your name onto the relevant council

And finally any time that you spent on SDCC will not be transferred onto DLRDCC so technically it will be like a new application

I recently changed for DCC to SDCC and had to jump through hoops for this new system I was told the reason for the changes are so the council lists are not clogged up with ppl putting their name on numerous lists

I was also onto SDCC as I wanted to be put onto the cluid housing list but was told that as it wasnt my area it wasnt allowed which is shameful as they have lots of apartments in stepaside still empty but as i am on the wrong council list i cant apply:confused:

SDCC also told me that the rent allowance will be cut in the budget but what they propose doing is renting the empty apartments in Tallaght from the builders and putting their housing list application in there thus not paying rent allowance and charging the tenant rent based on their income

Dont know how senior this person in SDCC was but she seemed very sure this was happening so we shall wait and see what happens

but all the above regarding the housing list is correct as I finished doing this process in May

Advertisement