Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[360 JTAG] Best way of updating to latest dash?

• 13-10-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭

So for some strage reason i have an urge to update to the latest dash :rolleyes::)

Whats the best way to do this at the moment? I will need to take a dump as my images are at my home home.

Xell HTTP and bestpig?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

So for some strage reason i have an urge to update to the latest dash :rolleyes::)

Whats the best way to do this at the moment? I will need to take a dump as my images are at my home home.

Xell HTTP and bestpig?

Thanks

Has been covered in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72324435&postcount=79 be sure to download the latest version of BestPig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Oops , i tried to use bestpig and it was giving me an error so i tried exploit360, thought it went ok as it booted into the updated dash and i went through all the initial setup , but its not turning on since (just blank screen) :/

Guess I'll have to get the to nand writer out!

Oops , i tried to use bestpig and it was giving me an error so i tried exploit360, thought it went ok as it booted into the updated dash and i went through all the initial setup , but its not turning on since (just blank screen) :/

Guess I'll have to get the to nand writer out!

If bestpig throws up an error at 100% then it's fine to use the updflash.bin, the problem will be fixable with your NAND programmer, I would erase the NAND with nandpro and flash back freeBOOT

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I use bestpig earlier and updated & made the updflash with no problems(most problem I had was getting the program with the website being in french, is tehre a 272c or is it just 272?
    I couldn't update through xell, so I had to use the xboxflash through xex menuon 13599 now grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I got this sorted.

I flashed jasperBB xell from TV guide and again the first one didnt work :/

Its at least the 3rd jtag I've done where it didnt work

When i flashed the jasperbb mana file all was golden. I reckon that'll just be my default one from here in for Jaspers

I used KEYVAULT_RAW.bin from a backup i took from xell before as my keyvault

BestPig gave me an error on one dump i had (a best pig genreated file), but worked fine on another (full dump from xell)

While i was updating my brothers the opposite worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The mana jasperBB file is my first choice, I'd abandon the first jasperBB altogether :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

if u up date it to free style dash can u play the new games ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

No, FSD is an application. What you need is a new Dashboard/Kernel. This is what this thread is about, updating the actual kernel to the latest version. That will let you play the latest games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

ah i see wat does freestyle dash do like wat extras do u get ??

kevin-46 wrote: »
    ah i see wat does freestyle dash do like wat extras do u get ??

What extras don't you get it's basically an alternate dashboard with some cool features but keep an eye out for its successor, RxE which is coming out soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement