Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed is too fast for my line

Options
  • 13-10-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Hi, I had a 7 mb line. About a year ago it was increased to 8mb and as soon as it was increased I had problems connecting.
    I rang customer service and asked them to put it back to 7, they agreed that the speed is what caused the issue and they decreased it back to 7 and this solved my issue.
    Now my line has been increased to 12mb a while ago, i'm having similar connection problems (although not nearly as bad). Could the line speed be decreased by whatever it needs to be to make the line stable? Thanks.

The following are my current DSL stats -

Max Allowed Speed (kbps)
    ====================
    Downstream 12285
    Upstream 668

SN Margin (dB)
    ==============
    Downstream 6.00
    Upstream 21.30

Line Attenuation (dB)
    ===============
    Downstream 37.50
    Upstream 19.00

CRC Errors
    ========
    Downstream 2369
    Upstream 0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi colly10,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Can you PM your home phone (broadband) number or eircom Account No, and I will take care of this for you.

All the best,
    Ant

colly10 wrote: »
    Hi, I had a 7 mb line. About a year ago it was increased to 8mb and as soon as it was increased I had problems connecting.
    I rang customer service and asked them to put it back to 7, they agreed that the speed is what caused the issue and they decreased it back to 7 and this solved my issue.
    Now my line has been increased to 12mb a while ago, i'm having similar connection problems (although not nearly as bad). Could the line speed be decreased by whatever it needs to be to make the line stable? Thanks.

The following are my current DSL stats -

Max Allowed Speed (kbps)
    ====================
    Downstream 12285
    Upstream 668

SN Margin (dB)
    ==============
    Downstream 6.00
    Upstream 21.30

Line Attenuation (dB)
    ===============
    Downstream 37.50