Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband is a joke!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Mark, just discovered this thread. My parents (who are clueless on technology like many) have home broadband and the speed is absolutely shocking. They would be around 3 miles from the nearest village (this is on the Kerry/Limerick border) which I understand is part of the problem, but is there anyway with some customised settings I've seen mentioned on the thread, that the service could be improved? I don't know how they put up with it to be honest as its painfully slow to load any site with even a smidgeen of graphics.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Edit: BTW its unlimited broadband package I think and they have been Eircom customers (and TE before that) for 30 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mark, just discovered this thread. My parents (who are clueless on technology like many) have home broadband and the speed is absolutely shocking. They would be around 3 miles from the nearest village (this is on the Kerry/Limerick border) which I understand is part of the problem, but is there anyway with some customised settings I've seen mentioned on the thread, that the service could be improved? I don't know how they put up with it to be honest as its painfully slow to load any site with even a smidgeen of graphics.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Edit: BTW its unlimited broadband package I think and they have been Eircom customers (and TE before that) for 30 years.

Hi ciarriaithuaidh,

Can you PM me with your parents tel no: and I will look into the current / speed capability.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Hi folks I'm in the Knocklyon area and have no Cable connection, as it is not available on the main road on which I live.
    At present I'm with UTV internet and have connection speeds just under 4Mbs during Daytime but not good after 6pm.

I am thinking of changing to Eircom's 8Mbs unlimited bundle including anytime national and the UK international calls add on.

The overall cost is marginally more expensive than UTV but as the contention is 24:1 on UTV and allegedly 1:1 on Eircom it would appear to be a better deal.

I notice that the local Eircom cabinets seem to have been upgraded to fibre and am wondering how soon will an improved service be available locally, I am about 100 Metres from the nearest cabinet.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Ae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Aepos wrote: »
    Hi folks I'm in the Knocklyon area and have no Cable connection, as it is not available on the main road on which I live.
    At present I'm with UTV internet and have connection speeds just under 4Mbs during Daytime but not good after 6pm.

I am thinking of changing to Eircom's 8Mbs unlimited bundle including anytime national and the UK international calls add on.

The overall cost is marginally more expensive than UTV but as the contention is 24:1 on UTV and allegedly 1:1 on Eircom it would appear to be a better deal.

I notice that the local Eircom cabinets seem to have been upgraded to fibre and am wondering how soon will an improved service be available locally, I am about 100 Metres from the nearest cabinet.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Ae

Hi Aepos

If you would like to PM your telephone number I can give you an idea of the general speeds available in your area and I will also look into your fibre query.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Thanks a lot Linda PM sent,

Ae

• Advertisement
Advertisement