Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VGA Cable, netbook to TV - all the same?

• 14-10-2011 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

I hope to connect my Acer Aspire One Netbook to my Toshiba TV (42") and I've established that I need to use a VGA cable (no HDMI on the netbook, unfortunately) and an audio cable for sound.
    I have been searching around in both B&M shops and online, where prices and descriptions for VGA cables vary quite a bit. Is there a difference in quality of VGA cables that would impact on my connection and reception and does anyone have a recommendation?
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

provided its not going any major distance (like, sub 5 meters) it shouldn't make a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

Thanks for that. I'm happy with the 1.8 metres that seems to be the average. The only thing I have considered is if the remote won't operate the TV while connected to the netbook, would it be okay to buy a longer cable, say 3 metres (if they exist)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you can't find a long one, you can get a back-to-back adapter to join two together.

Advertisement