Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Job Take home pay

Options
  • 14-10-2011 7:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hey Guys

I got paid for the first time with my new job today and as the pay a month in advance i was being paid for 7 weeks, i am on 50k a year which is around 915 a week but i was paid 4100 for 7 weeks today which is like 37% tax. that cant be right can it? I filled out my tax form as a resident for tax purposes also.
    Ive tried to work it out on the government website but just ended up confusing myself even more, anyone gone through this before have any idea what is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

It could be the same as emergency tax here?

Did you get a pay slip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Poker Engineer

not yet no but its a reputable company, basically a major conglomerate so im not too worried about them not paying me legitimately im just pretty sire ive been underpaid by like 1500 dollars.

Yeah more than likely you were over taxed, maybe ring there tax office and sort it out when you get your payslip and you should be able to claim back anything you were over taxed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

does your firm have your tfn?

Yeah i figure thats what it is because ive already filled out my tax return for last year so i cant imagine its emergency tax, just got a bit of a shock when i checked my account and it was a lot lower than i was expecting

• Advertisement

Maybe it wasn't for 7 weeks??? Just wait till you get your pay slip is all you can do really...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

http://www.paycalculator.com.au/

at $50K per year you are due $791.60 net per week

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Maybe whoever did the payroll didn't take into account that the pay was for 7 weeks. I would question it with the payroll department.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

unless the 50 includes your super

Hey Zambia

Yeah they have all my details, ive gone through filling out my tax form for a job here before and made the mistake last time of not ticking the resident for tax purposes box last time so i made sure i had everything right this time.

• Advertisement

no my super is in addition to my pay so thats not the reason, yeah i assume the reason is that the number of weeks was miscalculated, haha got all annoyed because after tax i was getting paid less than i was in my last job and im earning like 25% more.

Advertisement