Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best driving simulation game?

• 14-10-2011 8:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Whats the best driving simulation game for the PS3?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

Gran turismo 5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

twinsen wrote: »
    Gran turismo 5 ?

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

twinsen wrote: »
    Gran turismo 5 ?

+1:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

do you really have to ask? gran tarismo for ps3, forza for xbox. both are miles ahead of any competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭aristotle25

overshoot wrote: »
    do you really have to ask? gran tarismo for ps3, forza for xbox. both are miles ahead of any competition

Yeah I do :o, I have a PS3 that I bought a few years back that I use about twice a year! So I don't really keep up with the new games etc.

Thanks. GT5 it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

well i was more thinking that gran tarismo has been the best of the lot since the ps1. dont have a ps3 meself for gt5 but since gt2 the size of the game has been enormous if you want to complete it 100%. there is pretty much a championship for ever make of car, 24hr endurance races, rally stages it goes on. personally i normally just settle for the world championship, anything else is just finance;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Super Mario Kart.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

none of them handle like any sort of car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

gt5. f12010 is good too but you need a wheel to get the most out of both games mainly because the DS3 has terrible triggers.

paddyandy wrote: »

*google translate: im sh*t at them so i'll say they're unrealistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I know, when I crashed into a wall at 190 mph in the last driving game I played I didn't budge an inch from the couch!! If the simulator was any good then I should have been thrown head-first across the room and smashed my skull off the fireplace! I want my money back!!:mad:

You probably wouldn't enjoy first-person shooters either then! Those weapons don't recoil when you fire them and when a grenade explodes on-screen it doesn't hurt at all :(

I've been toying with the idea of buying a driving game for a while myself but I'm not a huge fan of them. Can anyone recommend a good one for the PS3 that isn't full price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I've been toying with the idea of buying a driving game for a while myself but I'm not a huge fan of them. Can anyone recommend a good one for the PS3 that isn't full price?

Gran Turismo is €25 in Argos mate.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9009026/Trail/searchtext%3EGRAN+TURISMO.htm

Excellent. £19.99 here in England. Happy days. No time to play it at the moment but might buy it anyway because if I wait until I have time to play it then it'll be full price again and I'll be all f7u12 about it!

EDIT: I've just seen it on Amazon for £14.98 as a Platinum game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bensers

Gran turismo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Cannot be asred to play GT5, takes like 5 minutes to get into a race, constant freezing even on the menus or am I doing something wrong? And yes I did the full install.
    never been so dissappointed in a game I was really waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Cannot be asred to play GT5, takes like 5 minutes to get into a race, constant freezing even on the menus or am I doing something wrong? And yes I did the full install.

Spec 2.0 was released the other day, faster load time (5 seconds for the map to load, followed by another 20 seconds while the cars load during which you can browse through the pre-race menu). Improved AI, physics, damage, dirt and particle effects, also every car now has the cock-pit view function.

And a new intro movie that's f*ckin awesome.

Also dlc packs are going up for sale next week including the Spa track and 20 new cars.

Anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Spec 2.0 was released the other day, faster load time (5 seconds for the map to load, followed by another 20 seconds while the cars load during which you can browse through the pre-race menu). Improved AI, physics, damage, dirt and particle effects, also every car now has the cock-pit view function.

And a new intro movie that's f*ckin awesome.

Also dlc packs are going up for sale next week including the Spa track and 20 new cars.

Anything else?

Downloading it now, cheers for the update. Hope it's worth the wait and the gigabyte download. That's a helluva long time to wait for a maintanence patch if you ask me.
    Still fingers crossed ^ ^.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Guarenteed to bore ya stupid after a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I've been playing GT5 for an age... Hasn't bored me yet.

It's even better with a proper steering wheel like a G25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Doing the Le Mans 24 hour in July has burnt me out of GT5.Haven't played it properly since then.Hopefully 2.0 might coax me back into playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Chavways wrote: »
    Doing the Le Mans 24 hour in July has burnt me out of GT5.Haven't played it properly since then.Hopefully 2.0 might coax me back into playing

You didnt play it straight for 24 hours?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wasn't aware that was a bug with the game. It has never frozen for me, and it still is my most played game.

Forgive the ignorance racing sim fans but...

What are the differences between GT5 prologue and GT5 as a game?

Yeah I know I could google it but I'd like to hear it from you guys as you are regular players, not paid game reviewers who may have ties to games companies :)

The reason I ask is that I saw GT5 prologue for £5 in a local independent game shop and wondered was it worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

You didnt play it straight for 24 hours?!

Not at all.I spaced it out over 5 or 6 days.It was still a challenge though.I think I ended up doing 370 laps or something

Heres a video of my last lap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ghcg7yvVs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Yeah I know I could google it but I'd like to hear it from you guys as you are regular players, not paid game reviewers who may have ties to games companies :)

The reason I ask is that I saw GT5 prologue for £5 in a local independent game shop and wondered was it worth it.

gt5 is a good step up from prologue. the physics, graphics and sounds are much better and prologue only has a small amount of cars and races. prologue is really only an old demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ignore it, while compared to some other driving games it would be considered a good full game for GT it's a paid demo that was release before GT5 and not worth even €5 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Guarenteed to bore ya stupid after a week.

It's a pretty long week if that's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 blades7

gt5 + wheel setup is savage, best driving experience out there, bar maby new forza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Chavways wrote: »

As far as I know, update 2.0 allows mid race saves for endurance races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Game saves are a god send for the endurance races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cant believe nobody has said NFS: Hot Pursuit! Its great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Whiskey in the Jar

I'll go with GT5 too, with wheel of course

Advertisement