Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

idiots guide to flock register etc please

• 14-10-2011 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

ok , i rang the dvo last week and was even more confused after i came off the phone:confused: Thet activated my flock number and i got a flock register in the post yesterday... so here are my questions..
    1. Where do i actually get my flock number , is it the same as my herd number?
    2. If i buy in sheep - lambs or cull ewes what do i do in my register?
    3. Where do i get the tags
    4.it all seems very complicated to me maybe i am too used to the cattle system... if i go to buy lambs etc off a farmer apart from money what do i need to do or get?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

IDIOT'S Reply
    whelan1 wrote: »
    ok , i rang the dvo last week and was even more confused after i came off the phone:confused: Thet activated my flock number and i got a flock register in the post yesterday... so here are my questions..
    1. Where do i actually get my flock number , is it the same as my herd number?
    yes, did you ask for a book of dispatch documents? you designator number will also be on these
    2. If i buy in sheep - lambs or cull ewes what do i do in my register?

date, P ( for purchase in the event column) number of sheep, and the number of the dispatch document your get from the vendor, if the sheep haven't got EId tags you will to tag them and note this in the book also see note below
    3. Where do i get the tags

Mullinahone, cormac tuam, and couple of more supliers
    4.it all seems very complicated to me maybe i am too used to the cattle system... if i go to buy lambs etc off a farmer apart from money what do i need to do or get?
    you get the white document and enter the no as above , you make sure to send the pink copy to his DVO and he keeps the yellow copy, these are his dis documents you use your own when selling

thanks in advance

mm

if you buy lambs they will need eid tags for resale, this does not apply to older sheep born before 1/1/2010 an ordinary permanent tag will suffice

subject to correction above :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

thanks its all a bit clearer now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

when you sell your own lambs, do you need to enter details into the flock register or is the register just for breeding sheep and lambs that go over 12 months of age?

ps i know the procedure with the dispatch docs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭roosky

1. yes your flock no is the same as your herd no...but you also have a flock designator code.....this is just for paper work and appears on your dispatch documents.

2.if ya buy sheep ya just filll in each tag number and the date in teh appropiate sections and fill in the serial no of the dispatch document you get with them

3. http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/animalhealthwelfare/animalidentificationandmovement/nationalsheepidentificationsystem/Tagsuppliersandtags20110829.pdf

4.just get the dispatch document off him nothing else...no cards like the cattle system.

Advertisement