Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Hotels in New York

Options
  • 14-10-2011 9:49am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for somewhere relatively cheap but central in NYC for March if such a thing exists? :o

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

xzanti wrote: »
    Looking for somewhere relatively cheap but central in NYC for March if such a thing exists? :o

Thanks in advance.
    Try the new York Manhattan hotel. 6 west 32nd street. Good location and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Try the new York Manhattan hotel. 6 west 32nd street. Good location and reasonably priced.

I've stayed here 3 times. Used to be called Red Roof Inn and now New York Manhattan or nyma. Great location, recently renovated rooms and free breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

I stayed in Hotel 31 on 31st Street near the Empire State Building. Really central location, very clean and the staff were very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Would you consider Staying in an apartment? Im just back from new york and the apartment option is much cheaper. Check out http://vacationrentals.com

yew_tree wrote: »
    Would you consider Staying in an apartment? Im just back from new york and the apartment option is much cheaper. Check out http://vacationrentals.com

You do need to be careful though as the vast majority of apartments to let for tourists in NYC are illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Pythia wrote: »
    You do need to be careful though as the vast majority of apartments to let for tourists in NYC are illegal.

I dont think its enforced though. The company I booked with are fairly big so I cant see how they would be able operate illegally?

I even told the homeland security offer at JFK where I was staying and he didnt say anything.

yew_tree wrote: »
    I dont think its enforced though. The company I booked with are fairly big so I cant see how they would be able operate illegally?

I even told the homeland security offer at JFK where I was staying and he didnt say anything.

It's more that they wouldn't comply with fire safety for example, could be shut down and you wouldn't get your money back, aren't regulated and are often scams. Trip advisor has a lot more info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vinn

when you travel and use hotels in the states you only get what you pay for hotwire can be good to use but you get no choice of hotel say if you book 4 star you will get a 4 star but it could be really modern or totally run down its a risk you take
    ive used them a couple of times and got some absolutely brilliant hotels but i could have got rubbish just the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Anyone used HomeAway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

***** Moving from now defunct US/ Canada Travel forum to USA forum, which now is for both travel/ holiday and immigration/ visa/ living questions *****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Pythia wrote: »
    I've stayed here 3 times. Used to be called Red Roof Inn and now New York Manhattan or nyma. Great location, recently renovated rooms and free breakfast.

I know this comment is from last October but I think this hotel has now gone very expensive or am I just imagining it? I stayed here when it was a Red Roof Inn about 5 years ago and remember it being very reasonable?

Advertisement