Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Gear USA on BBC3 Fridays Nights 7 pm

• 14-10-2011 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

BBC3 7:00pm-7:45pm (45 minutes) Fri 14 Oct

Top Gear USA
    Season 1 Episode 1 of 10
    New series. Motoring magazine, presented by Rutledge Wood, Tanner Foust and Adam Ferrara. The soon-to-be-replaced Dodge Viper SRT is given a fitting send-off in a race against a Cobra attack helicopter through the streets of Griffin, Georgia. The trio determine which is the best Lamborghini ever in a desert-based contest, and retired astronaut Buzz Aldrin takes to the test track
    Category Motoring
    Executive Producer John Hesling, Scott Messick
    Cast
    Presenter Rutledge Wood (IMDB)
    Presenter Tanner Foust (IMDB)
    Presenter Adam Ferrara (IMDB)
    Guest Buzz Aldrin (IMDB)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭positron

Meh. don't think I would bother next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Massive Meh.

The three hosts had no personality and the banter between them was forced.

I know the British one is heavily scripted but the three guys at least act like the know / like each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

I managed to watch three minutes of it.

As Clarkson said of the Ford F150: "Basically ... it's rubbish"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It wasn't as bad as I feared but it added nothing, took some stuff away and also suffered some poor in car photography.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

dunno, twas kinda alright for a bunch of yanks, true to form they just tested Straigh line speed on the Lambo's

Corners?? What are they???

have top admit tho the camerawork just didnt seem as polished as the BBC version, just shows how Good those boyos are at their job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

jeez i'm only after realising i watched this, now thats forgettable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Beardface in the Aston Martin

'So the Aston goes 180 mph but the clock goes to 220.... Is that a British thing......lying?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Generally OK, I think, after two episodes. Brave to have an episode of a American car show without a single American car in it - not even the small car. The blind dude was a laugh, and his dog had the last word ...

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Good god, what a poor show, Makes you realise how good (despite all valid, often aired criticisms) the BBC show is.

Too much a franchise (Mc donalds), needs to have a more "american" feel and a lot more irreverance and banter..

Presenters are dull. should have called the Stig something else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Good god, what a poor show, Makes you realise how good (despite all valid, often aired criticisms) the BBC show is.

Too much a franchise (Mc donalds), needs to have a more "american" feel and a lot more irreverance and banter..

Presenters are dull. should have called the Stig something else....

OK,

I stand to correct myself, watched a few episodes on YT and now "get" it. Different, American, but occasionally very funny. especially episode 1, seriese 2, "Texas"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

American humor? Eugh, I'll pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

I watched about a minute of an episode of Top Gear USA. It was cringeworthy. The three presenters were trying to do British-style humour and they failed miserably. Americans just can't do British humour. I think I'll stick with good old Clarkson, May and Hammond.

It's for the same reason why the American versions of British shows such as The Office and Shameless are so poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

It really feels like they've memorised a script- all the ideas are just replicating the top gear model...Very badly.....not a show for me....I was totally bored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Is anyone watching this, i'm watching season 2 atm, and it's actually good, a challenge each week, and they seem to have gelled a good bit since season 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's like a top gear with 3 American Richard Hammond presenters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ScumLord wrote: »

Good god is it that bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 AnimalCracker

ScumLord wrote: »

Wont be watching this so! Can't stand that man!

Advertisement