Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a kebab later - 2 choices!

• 14-10-2011 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Im going to get a kebab later I think. Early to be thinking about them but I was planning my evening and a kebab, a couple of beers and a bit of xbox sounds like a plan to me!

Two choices though!

Kebabish or Noor?:confused:

Eaten both before but hard to know which is better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

INEEDANID wrote: »
    Im going to get a kebab later I think. Early to be thinking about them but I was planning my evening and a kebab, a couple of beers and a bit of xbox sounds like a plan to me!

Two choices though!

Kebabish or Noor?:confused:

Eaten both before but hard to know which is better
    Neither, Kashmir up in Perry square. If youre feeling glutonous try the taco chip too. Magnificent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I'd go for Turquaz (not sure of the spelling!) around the corner from Smyths. The adana kebab is so spicy, your tastebuds will be on fire :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

zuroph wrote: »
    Neither, Kashmir up in Perry square. If youre feeling glutonous try the taco chip too. Magnificent

I have had one of those before and thought it wasnt as good as some other places. Alway was very drunk after Costellos when eating there though!

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    I'd go for Turquaz (not sure of the spelling!) around the corner from Smyths. The adana kebab is so spicy, your tastebuds will be on fire :D

Yum yum I love spicy food! i must have a look at the menu on Just Eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Went to the place on lower William Street, down near BTs. Very nice indeed...

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »

Dont know any kebab place there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Dont know any kebab place there?

It's there alright.
    Where the old O'Briens Sandwich Bar used to be. Beside Aware. Across from H Samuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Ah lads... Cant shed any light on this matter but i know now what im having for my dinner!!!

KEBAB!!!

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    It's there alright.
    Where the old O'Briens Sandwich Bar used to be. Beside Aware. Across from H Samuel.

That's it. Not sure it's an official kebab shop, but I got a mixed kebab. Very nice indeed. €6 for it.......
    Not repeating on me today either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

seachto7 wrote: »

I got a kebab there and thought it was disgusting. The sauce was horrible and it didn't even come in a naan bread, just a gammy pita. I remember paying more than 6 snots for it as well. I had it in there and I think it came to about 7.50 or 8. I disliked it so much I said I'd never go back. The staff in there are nice though.

Kashmir, Kebabish or that one where Mike and Katy's was do the best kebabs imo.

I'll never eat in the Cornmaket place again after reading what the owner was up to. A real piece of shít.

http://www.thejournal.ie/restaurant-worker-awarded-e86000-after-years-of-forced-labour-in-dublin-225856-Sep2011/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

magma69 wrote: »
    I got a kebab there and thought it was disgusting. The sauce was horrible and it didn't even come in a naan bread, just a gammy pita. I remember paying more than 6 snots for it as well. I had it in there and I think it came to about 7.50 or 8. I disliked it so much I said I'd never go back. The staff in there are nice though.

Kashmir, Kebabish or that one where Mike and Katy's was do the best kebabs imo.

I'll never eat in the Cornmaket place again after reading what the owner was up to. A real piece of shít.

http://www.thejournal.ie/restaurant-worker-awarded-e86000-after-years-of-forced-labour-in-dublin-225856-Sep2011/

Poppadom don't sell kebabs...

My vote is for Turkuaz. Apparently they do really nice pizzas too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Poppadom don't sell kebabs...

My vote is for Turkuaz. Apparently they do really nice pizzas too!

They do. I've gotten one there before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Turquaz make nice kebabs in my opinion. Imbiss on william street is really nice too but they do them a little different to most places. I'm not really fond of Kashmir at all, I think they only get a good rep because most people are drunk when they get food there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I like turkuaz, herself prefers imbiss.
    They're the only 2 I'd go to sober!

To be fair, I have never been in Noor. So can't comment on them

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

They do. I've gotten one there before.

You sure your not mixing it up with somewhere else?
    Poppadom is a fairly fancy Indian restaurant. Not really the kind of place you'd go for a kebab.

One place I never go anymore is Kebabish, found bone (or something hard) in my kebab on one too many's an occasion...

I liked the Pitta. I thought it was nice anyways, and I'll try it again.
    What's the place on Denmark St again. I've had a few nice kebabs in there, but also some that blew the hole off me! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Did you get your kebab in the end? I'm starving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Had to go for a Doner after all this talk. Imbiss - the bread I had was neither a pitta nor a naan, but twas damn tasty...

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Did you get your kebab in the end? I'm starving.

Sure did

Wwent to Turkaz Kebab in the Cornmarket.

Made in front off me from real lamb not the usual ****e and was very tasty!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sure did

Wwent to Turkaz Kebab in the Cornmarket.

Made in front off me from real lamb not the usual ****e and was very tasty!:D

Great. My last Kebab in Sligo was woeful so I said no more. Then again, Casa Nova is the place to go. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement