Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor: why do they convert texts into multimedia messages?

Options
  • 14-10-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Up until recently I could write out a text and it would still send as a text even if it had been four text "pages". In the past year I've noticed Meteor convert it into a multimedia message as soon as it goes beyond three "pages". This is very annoying because not everybody has their phone set up to receive multimedia messages.

Why did Meteor change their system to automatically convert texts of a certain length, and is there any way I can stop this default conversion?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is it not the phone itself that does that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Is it not the phone itself that does that?

Ah, it could very well be. I've a Samsung Galaxy now. :o

So, to rephrase: why would Samsung Galaxy insist upon converting my texts into multimedia messages when I just want to send a text? And how can I change this default position?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Any thing in the messaging settings that you can tweek?

Advertisement