Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round Sun?

• 14-10-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

So Notch currently has a poll up because he's debating putting in a round sun and moon.

Is it just me, or is that just a f*cking ridiculous idea? The thing that makes the game stand out is the cubed nature of the world. I'd have assumed that people would be 100% against the idea, but the poll is almost neck and neck with over 40,000 votes each.

What do you think? Is it not important? Will a round sun make a difference? Does anyone else feel like I do, that Notch is slowly dragging the game away from what we thought it could be?

What shape sun and moon should there be? 20 votes

Square
    0%
    Round
    100%
    humanjiHerculeGenghiz CohenSolitaireBlowfishNodyGrim.chin_grinartanevillajujumushubadbeatcentral[Deleted User]gavmcg92[Deleted User]Indubitableronan keanehotsDustyBuzzEmatoelDiabloDumbledore. 20 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Round
    -he just told the results
    round wins-
    that was three hours ago actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Round
    laura-can wrote: »
    he just told the results
    round wins

:eek:

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Or that should be:

NNNNNNNNN[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]!

Round
    2iFRw.png

It's not that bad really thought is it? I was freaking too but at least it's pixilated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

humanji wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is that just a f*cking ridiculous idea?
    It's just you. :p

The world isn't "cubed", more "pixellated". So long as the sun and moon have a pixellated, 8-bit graphic quality to them and aren't perfectly smooth circles, then I think they will still be well within keeping of the look of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

well it is his game, and anyway if you had a round sun then if you zoomed in really close you would see that it would be just made up of billions of square yellow blocks, just look round from a distance

• Advertisement

Round
    Well then tell me, why are there exp. orbs? Like what the hell are they doing hanging out in MC because it's not right I tells ya!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I don't mind. I use texture packs with rounded suns anyway.

Round
    Enderman wrote: »
    I don't mind. I use texture packs with rounded suns anyway.

:O Blasphemy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Round
    -he just told the results
    round wins-
    that was three hours ago actually

Ah cool. I can't access the page from where I am (that's why I couldn'tput a link here, although there's no point now. :D )
    seamus wrote: »
    It's just you. :p

The world isn't "cubed", more "pixellated". So long as the sun and moon have a pixellated, 8-bit graphic quality to them and aren't perfectly smooth circles, then I think they will still be well within keeping of the look of the game.

My problem is that the world is based around angles and then you look up and see curves. It's kind of jarring. Instead of being something of the game universe you're exploring, it's just an image floating across the sky. I know that's exactly what they are at the moment, but the fact that they're square makes them fit in with the games design.
    Well then tell me, why are there exp. orbs? Like what the hell are they doing hanging out in MC because it's not right I tells ya!
    They're sprites. :D The world is made of blocks, so why wouldn't the sun and moon be? Granted, as pointed out, they're pixelated when zoomed in. I just feel the square ones as they are, fitted perfectly into it.

It's not world shattering, and I'll still love the game. It just seems like a completely unnecessary thing to do.

Round
    well these sprites (i think this word should go and die,i have seen many sprites that are just too far from sprightly to be called so :P ) should go and feck off...they should be experience cubes >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Forgot about the fact i was using a texture pack with a round sun, Was thinking how rounder could it get >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Round. It looks better. Its not exactly circular, it's all pixellated. Looks awesome IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Round
    inB4 mod to change it back to square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

roundsun.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Wheres the don't care option?:p

I always use texture packs anyway because i hate the default textures.

Round
    Wheres the don't care option?:p

I always use texture packs anyway because i hate the default textures.

I vote Hanging...who's with me? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

F3-T reloads texture packs for anyone interested

Round
    Tallon wrote: »
    F3-T reloads texture packs for anyone interested

wrong thread n00bface :P

Advertisement