Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Blinds wanted

Options
  • 14-10-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Anyone know any good sites or shops where I could order blinds for my house. Or would anyone know how much it would cost to kit out a standard 4 bed house with blinds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Where are you based? I'm in Cavan and priced a number of suppliers and Dun A Ri blinds in Kingscourt gave me the best price and the service was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm in Waterford. I needed blinds for 4 windown, 3 x 4ft and 1 7ft.

I called loads of places they all wanted more than €350 for wooden and €250 for roller blinds.

I bought them in B&Q for €170 for 4 roller blinds. I had to cut each of the 4ft blinds but It took me hald a day to get them all up.

Have to save up for the back of the house now...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Im based in Carlow, was thinking of getting ones in B&Q but worried I would make a hames of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ikea.

Blinds are very well made and cheap as chips too.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Thanks, May check out Ikea, forgot all about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have 3 4ft windows, they didnt have that size in IKEA but the prices for wooden ones in 3 colours were half that of B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I need three kitchen blinds. I ordered a catalogue from Hillary blinds as a friend recommended them. The catalogue was useless. A few bad pictures and not a mention of price. But they are supposed to be good value. Could be worth a try. They have agents nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

car wrote: »
    Anyone know any good sites or shops where I could order blinds for my house. Or would anyone know how much it would cost to kit out a standard 4 bed house with blinds.
    Have you tried Acme Blinds,they have outlets all over the country. You can ring them with your measurements and get estimate.

hillbloom wrote: »
    I need three kitchen blinds. I ordered a catalogue from Hillary blinds as a friend recommended them. The catalogue was useless. A few bad pictures and not a mention of price. But they are supposed to be good value. Could be worth a try. They have agents nationwide.

Hillarys have to be the worst for pricing too.:rolleyes:

Even with 50% off (supposedly at the moment ) they are still way way too expensive compared to other family run blind companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

I have just ordered roller blinds from myblinds.ie for a bathroom. Cost me €34 altogether but I haven't received them yet so can't comment on quality. have a look at their website as they send you free samples and you can get a price by using their calculator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Italiancheese

Bought some very nice cream blackout blinds in Argos. They had 25% off the other week so they were for nothing. They are as good as expensive blinds I bought a few years ago. The first blind was a bit tricky to cut but after the first it was easy to cut them down to size. good luck!

I got 13 x 50mm Luxaflax wood blinds installed for 850 euro.

Very happy with the,m.

Am I allowed to say who supplied and installed them???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement