Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupy Galway Group (mod note added)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hippygran

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I got my job in 2007, most places I applied for didn't acknowledge I gave them the CV or give me a rejection letter. So what?

I know a lot of people who lost their job but all found work again within 6 months at the longest.

Also if you've been looking for work in Galway city maybe you will have noticed that most places aren't posting their jobs online, they are putting signs in the window. Some signs are only up for a day. I would think it would be a good thing that somebody post the one's they've seen up. It would be tough for you occupiers to see the f'kin things when you are staying in the Square jacking off all day long. Shave, shower and look for a job. (That's not a stereotype either, that's from being down there and seeing the guys. Personal Hygiene goes a long way for employers)

If I am reading your posts correctly, you are telling us that anyone that wants a job can get one? So, you are honestly suggesting that the 14% unemployment rate (higher in under 25s) is purely because people are too lazy to look for work???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I can't remember all of the signs I read. Seems like they changed them from when they first started. But anyway. It was an opinion. I can state for a fact, that some (pretty much most) of the campers I saw over about a 2 week stretch (I had time off work and was in for a look every day) had messy facial, messy hair (in some causes clumped together hair) and seemed to smell. But of course they would smell, they are showering but if you are camping in a tent for weeks you'll be dirty again just hanging around the tents.

I was for the occupy movements. I thought it was a good shout but just like with the Shell to Sea activists, it's being diluted by the few bad apples.

Also, from my own perspective. Seeing a girl with clumpy hair and woolie tattered clothing draped in a long yellow flags twirling it around is a picture of what a hippy is to me.

I'm not angry at all. I think they should go but stay for all I care. I'm not exactly calling for them to be forcefully moved. But I do call BS on some of the members.

If, as you say, you don't care if they go or stay then why keep posting insults? I would suggest that you just climb back into your pram and play with your toys and leave this thread to those who are for or against the protest NOT against those who are protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

hippygran wrote: »
    If I am reading your posts correctly, you are telling us that anyone that wants a job can get one? So, you are honestly suggesting that the 14% unemployment rate (higher in under 25s) is purely because people are too lazy to look for work???

In Galway. In my opinion, a lot would be yes. I believe this town has a unique social dynamic. Unlike other places in the country.

Unemployment has always been high in Galway. Even during the Celtic Tiger days. Places I worked at the time struggled to get staff, My sister was a store manager in a clothes shop and also struggled to find staff. A friend was a store manager for an electronics shop in Eyre Square and couldn't find staff.

Taken from:

https://www.pobal.ie/WhatWeDo/Deprivation/Publications/1.1.26%20Area%20Profile%20-%20Galway%20City%20report.pdf

2006 figures for Galway: 11.4% male unemployment and 9.6% female unemployment.

I've stated it's my opinion. Don't see what the big deal is, why does everyone have to fall in line, one side or the other. I don't think I was insulting. If someone can honestly say that most of the people protesting don't have a messy appearance then go for it, prove me wrong. I have been down there, saw the people with my own two eyes.

A couple of the lads down there seem to be very articulate. One of them did seem to carry himself in a professional manner.

I can't remember all of the signs I read. Seems like they changed them from when they first started. But anyway. It was an opinion. I can state for a fact, that some (pretty much most) of the campers I saw over about a 2 week stretch (I had time off work and was in for a look every day) had messy facial, messy hair (in some causes clumped together hair) and seemed to smell. But of course they would smell, they are showering but if you are camping in a tent for weeks you'll be dirty again just hanging around the tents.

I was for the occupy movements. I thought it was a good shout but just like with the Shell to Sea activists, it's being diluted by the few bad apples.

Also, from my own perspective. Seeing a girl with clumpy hair and woolie tattered clothing draped in a long yellow flags twirling it around is a picture of what a hippy is to me.

I'm not angry at all. I think they should go but stay for all I care. I'm not exactly calling for them to be forcefully moved. But I do call BS on some of the members.

'seemed to smell'..you can tell that by looking?? I can assure you that I never smell when I am at the camp. I change my clothes every day, use baby wipes to clean myself, wash my face and clean my teeth in the sink in the public toilets etc.
    Also, do you not think it is extremely narrow minded to judge people by how they look without having a conversation with them?

'seemed to smell'..you can tell that by looking?? I can assure you that I never smell when I am at the camp. I change my clothes every day, use baby wipes to clean myself, wash my face and clean my teeth in the sink in the public toilets etc.
    Also, do you not think it is extremely narrow minded to judge people by how they look without having a conversation with them?

Then no offence, but some of your colleagues smell. I lined up to talk to one of the guys one of the days because I was over hearing him talk to somebody else and that he sounded articulate. There were others gathered around in a circle beside me, they smelled. Maybe it was just one of them but I'm calling it, I was there. They smelled. The guy that sounded articulate was a bald fella.

• Advertisement

For any of you that don't understand why people are camping all over the world in protest, I would suggest you do a search on facebook for 'occupy' and look at some of the pages from groups around the world. Watch some of the videos, read some of the articles that are posted. I sometimes wish I hadn't started looking because the world is a crazy place right now.
    People are occupying because they don't know what else to do, because they are desperately afraid of what the world is becoming and horrified by what humanity is doing to itself. They hope that by grouping together, by trying to make their voices heard, maybe they can stop some of the craziness. If not, there will at least be communities that can help each other through the tough times. And believe me, times are going to get a lot tougher than they are now. Food security is in danger, clean drinking water is in danger, more people are living in poverty than ever before.
    I know that some people don't agree with the methods of the occupy movement and I do understand why but, having spent a lot of time at the Galway camp, I can assure you that there are an awful lot more that do agree and understand why we occupy. These people are also hoping that this can help to stop some of the craziness, which is why we feel we can't give up.

Could we agree to disagree on the nature of 'hippies' and how people dress or wear their hair and stop clogging this group up with insults?

Then no offence, but some of your colleagues smell. I lined up to talk to one of the guys one of the days because I was over hearing him talk to somebody else and that he sounded articulate. There were others gathered around in a circle beside me, they smelled. Maybe it was just one of them but I'm calling it, I was there. They smelled. The guy that sounded articulate was a bald fella.

The bald fella was probably my husband :) I have never noticed that anyone smells there, but if they did to you then I can't argue. However, I think this is enough of this as there is a much bigger picture here. I have worked in offices with people with bad personal hygiene. Lets leave it there please?

The bald fella was probably my husband :) I have never noticed that anyone smells there, but if they did to you then I can't argue. However, I think this is enough of this as there is a much bigger picture here. I have worked in offices with people with bad personal hygiene. Lets leave it there please?

Your husband should do all the talking. He's got his sh!t together. I'm not saying hippies are bad people, but that image does't do much to garner support from the working class. It triggers the notion that these people are activists hopping on a cause.

The common question will be, Have any of them paid taxes in the last few years. I was somebody who was trying to defend the original protest in Dame Street. I think the distribution of wealth and general corruption should have people rising up against the powers that be but the Irish occupy movement is not having any impact. If it's more about job creation then the signs could be a lot more constructive.

We've already got a very corporate tax rate to attract investment. Why not aim the protest at things like Bank of Ireland outsourcing it's IT, The Irish exam papers being outsourced to a UK company, high public spending etc.

I can't remember the specific signs I saw down there but I do know I left thinking the protestors are no different than the councillors in this town. Whinging without suggesting solutions or pointing out the specifics.

I'm sure one sign at least said something which stuck out to me...as though something was our human right and it was a complete load of crap. It was an example of a misplaced sense of entitlement but I can't remember the sign so put that down to my own hear say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

For any of you that don't understand why people are camping all over the world in protest, I would suggest you do a search on facebook for 'occupy' and look at some of the pages from groups around the world. Watch some of the videos, read some of the articles that are posted. I sometimes wish I hadn't started looking because the world is a crazy place right now.

This comment is symptomatic of the contempt that I (and many of my friends) have with the occupy movement - either you don't know why or can't explain why you're there and want someone else to do it.

Your husband should do all the talking. He's got his sh!t together. I'm not saying hippies are bad people, but that image does't do much to garner support from the working class. It triggers the notion that these people are activists hopping on a cause.

The common question will be, Have any of them paid taxes in the last few years. I was somebody who was trying to defend the original protest in Dame Street. I think the distribution of wealth and general corruption should have people rising up against the powers that be but the Irish occupy movement is not having any impact. If it's more about job creation then the signs could be a lot more constructive.

We've already got a very corporate tax rate to attract investment. Why not aim the protest at things like Bank of Ireland outsourcing it's IT, The Irish exam papers being outsourced to a UK company, high public spending etc.

I can't remember the specific signs I saw down there but I do know I left thinking the protestors are no different than the councillors in this town. Whinging without suggesting solutions or pointing out the specifics.

I'm sure one sign at least said something which stuck out to me...as though something was our human right and it was a complete load of crap. It was an example of a misplaced sense of entitlement but I can't remember the sign so put that down to my own hear say.

Well, we certainly have paid a lot of taxes over the years, I can't speak for anyone else.
    With regard to specific aims/demands, this is something that comes up regularly. I have cut and pasted from an article online about Occupy Wall Street, which is the same feeling throughout the movement worldwide;

The movement’s absence of specific demands is advantageous to the movement itself. Occupy Wall Street’s meta-demand that government policies serve “the 99 percent” has protected the movement from becoming tangled in the weeds of legislative requests, a strategic move that has allowed the protests to gain energy and popular support. Enumerating specific demands only to have them left unmet would leave the movement looking weak, and vulnerable to losing the energy it has generated around its motivating message of economic and political fairness. It remains to be seen whether, eventually, Occupy Wall Street will channel its raw power and broadly-resonant message in order to achieve specific policy objectives. For now, however, the broad-message movement has dragged issues of economic justice to the forefront in a way that decades of academic study of rising economic inequality and the occasional policymaker’s focus on distributional issues have not been able to accomplish.

• Advertisement

antoobrien wrote: »
    This comment is symptomatic of the contempt that I (and many of my friends) have with the occupy movement - either you don't know why or can't explain why you're there and want someone else to do it.

That's not entirely fair. The bald fella (her husband) was well able to verbalize his reasons. But a lot of the others seemed to be hopping on a cause and talking nonsense.

antoobrien wrote: »

?? I explained exactly why we are there in the following sentences of that post.:confused:

That's not entirely fair. The bald fella (her husband) was well able to verbalize his reasons. But a lot of the others seemed to be hopping on a cause and talking nonsense.

Some of the people may be less able to articulate how they feel, but very few are hopping on a cause really. Those that are don't hang around for long. I can't really explain it any better than I have tried to here. We are scared for the future, concerned about many of the things going on today, not just the financial issues. Maybe this isn't the best way to go about things but I'm not sure what is right now. I am not a hippy in the true sense, though maybe at heart. I have never protested before, I have spent most of my working life in office jobs, often in a suit. But I have grandchildren now and I don't like the world that they are growing up to. I know some people won't get it and I can't properly justify it but it feels right to be part of this movement. If people don't agree, that's fine, but is the protest camp really doing any harm? The garda say we are keeping the square safer, the homeless come for a cup of tea in the morning..is there really any harm in that?

I think their new location doesn't stick out as much as before.

I don't think they will achieve anything but they are free to protest.

Once the mulled wine is being sold in the market I might call over for a chat.

I think their new location doesn't stick out as much as before.

I don't think they will achieve anything but they are free to protest.

Once the mulled wine is being sold in the market I might call over for a chat.

Once it gets to Christmas week we may relax our no alcohol rule and serve free mulled wine ourselves, please do stop by for a chat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,251 ✭✭✭squonk

People are occupying because they don't know what else to do, because they are desperately afraid of what the world is becoming and horrified by what humanity is doing to itself. They hope that by grouping together, by trying to make their voices heard, maybe they can stop some of the craziness. If not, there will at least be communities that can help each other through the tough times. And believe me, times are going to get a lot tougher than they are now. Food security is in danger, clean drinking water is in danger, more people are living in poverty than ever before.
    I know that some people don't agree with the methods of the occupy movement and I do understand why but, having spent a lot of time at the Galway camp, I can assure you that there are an awful lot more that do agree and understand why we occupy. These people are also hoping that this can help to stop some of the craziness, which is why we feel we can't give up.

Could we agree to disagree on the nature of 'hippies' and how people dress or wear their hair and stop clogging this group up with insults?

Frankly a lot of the text in that post sounds like sensationalist ranting.

Can you tell us in 5 bullet points or less why the Occupy movement is there?

Really, if I came to you and said Mazda's are better than Toyotas, just read the JD Power reports, have a look at top Gear, read car magazines and you'll see... would you? If I instead said:

* They have a 99% reliability rate vs 95% for Toyota
    * They are 5% more fuel efficient... etc.
    it'd make a difference no?

I'm sorry, but the immediate message I get from anyone who tells me to 'go read/look at X,Y' is 'I haven't decided why I'm here in any real way that I can boil down to a small number of core issues. I'm jumping on the bandwagon and it's a good thing to do, I think'. If people here are negative towards the movement, it's because of this sort of attitude.

To be honest, from following this whole movement, the aims just seem very wishy washy. In my view, I'd sum it up as 'We don't agree with banks and the capitalist system and what it's doing and we'll be here til it changes'. so, changes how? What are you doing to promote change besides living in tents? Why, oh why can't we see a list of bullet points from anyone listing the issues being protested against, the changes required and the plan to achieve these?

In my view, you want to be taken seriously, you'll have to come up with some manifesto to convince people like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thats just scare mongering in fairness. I dont envisage a situation in Ireland in the near future where I am going to struggle for water or food!! I understand why ye are doing what ye do but saying things like that which just make regular folk turn away and dismiss ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Enumerating specific demands only to have them left unmet would leave the movement looking weak, and vulnerable to losing the energy it has generated around its motivating message of economic and political fairness.

What a pile of complete nonsense. They wont list any demands because you're in no place to make them. Your a movement of opinion (an opinion I agree with in some cases) but ultimately as none of your "Leaders" are in government or Industry then you'll have no impact on changing anything. If anything The Occupy movement should become a Political party and try and change things from within...other than sitting in a tent and do nothing but moan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Jesus H. Christ. :rolleyes:

No need to be so formal,

Thats just scare mongering in fairness. I dont envisage a situation in Ireland in the near future where I am going to struggle for water or food!! I understand why ye are doing what ye do but saying things like that which just make regular folk turn away and dismiss ye.

It depends on what you consider the near future, and you are right that Ireland is in a much better position than some, certainly with regard to water. I was thinking globally though, and the influence that large agribiotech companies are having in many countries. The continual pollution of the seas is also a major problem, the effects of corexit that is being used on the oil still seeping into the sea from the BP disaster is proving to be catastrophic on marine life and the ph balance of the seas.
    These are problems that are caused directly by the influence that major corporations have on governments. Decisions are made, licenses are granted, that are not in the best interests of the people or the planet, in the pursuit of profits. People before Profits is one of the most pertinent messages of the occupy movement IMO.

• Advertisement

Enumerating specific demands only to have them left unmet would leave the movement looking weak, and vulnerable to losing the energy it has generated around its motivating message of economic and political fairness.

What a pile of complete nonsense. They wont list any demands because you're in no place to make them. Your a movement of opinion (an opinion I agree with in some cases) but ultimately as none of your "Leaders" are in government or Industry then you'll have no impact on changing anything. If anything The Occupy movement should become a Political party and try and change things from within...other than sitting in a tent and do nothing but moan.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. The opinion in the article that I quoted was written by a professor of Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution in the US. http://www.brookings.edu/papers/2011/1103_ows_jacobs.aspx

Hopefully, eventually, the movement will form into a political party and challenge things from within, there is certainly enough support from economists, politicians and similar around the world for this to be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Drivetime Podcast - Olivia O'Leary
    Today, 12:00 p.m.
    In her political column, Olivia O'Leary says truth is the best policy

[URL="feed://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_drivetime.xml"]feed://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_drivetime.xml[/URL]

Just for the record Olivia has a job, I cant speak for her personal hygiene but am confident it is acceptable and suspect is of a quite a high standard.

squonk wrote: »
    Frankly a lot of the text in that post sounds like sensationalist ranting.

Can you tell us in 5 bullet points or less why the Occupy movement is there?

Really, if I came to you and said Mazda's are better than Toyotas, just read the JD Power reports, have a look at top Gear, read car magazines and you'll see... would you? If I instead said:

* They have a 99% reliability rate vs 95% for Toyota
    * They are 5% more fuel efficient... etc.
    it'd make a difference no?

I'm sorry, but the immediate message I get from anyone who tells me to 'go read/look at X,Y' is 'I haven't decided why I'm here in any real way that I can boil down to a small number of core issues. I'm jumping on the bandwagon and it's a good thing to do, I think'. If people here are negative towards the movement, it's because of this sort of attitude.

To be honest, from following this whole movement, the aims just seem very wishy washy. In my view, I'd sum it up as 'We don't agree with banks and the capitalist system and what it's doing and we'll be here til it changes'. so, changes how? What are you doing to promote change besides living in tents? Why, oh why can't we see a list of bullet points from anyone listing the issues being protested against, the changes required and the plan to achieve these?

In my view, you want to be taken seriously, you'll have to come up with some manifesto to convince people like myself.

I have never claimed to speak for the whole movement, just voicing what it means to me. I was suggesting that you look at some of the articles so that you would have a better idea of why the movement has sprung up, of the things that are worrying people, and of different peoples views of the purpose and direction of the movement. I am not 'telling' you to look at anything in particular, I am 'suggesting' that you do a bit of reading and make up your mind from there. Different people have different concerns. I, personally, am more concerned about the environment right now than the financial situation although that is 'muddy' because it is often the 'profits before people' attitude that is causing the environmental problems.
    I suppose some of the main 'demands/issues' globally, and locally, IMO, are;

1. Governments should be putting the needs of the people first.
    2. Private bank losses shouldn't be paid from public funds, public services, jobs and education should take priority.
    3. The taxation system should be fair for everybody.
    4. In Ireland specifically, the resources of the country should profit the country, as stated in the constitution.

In the US a very big demand is to 'get money out of politics' as the big corporations have so much influence over governments that they are able to run roughshod over many laws and regulations. BP using corexit to 'clean up' their spill is a classic example as this is a substance that is banned in most of the world.

I realise that, to you, other things such as 'social and economic equality' will sound 'wishy-washy' and you could be right, so I won't list them here.
    I am sorry that my earlier post sounds like 'sensationalist ranting', maybe you're right, but it is still how I feel, and I used to be as cynical as you are!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

maybe it's been covered but what about the practicalities of day to day living at the camp? what do they do all day and do they get bothered by drunks/troublemakers/scumbags late at night? Are there people who are always there, 24 hours a day, and have been from the start? Are you seeing your numbers slowly grow?

I support the right of the protest camp to exist and have a lot of sympathy with a lot of their beliefs/opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭eire.man

eire.man wrote: »
    you condescending fcuker!! as if we need help finding out who's "hiring"!! can you not undertake these places have not got 77,000 vacancies which is the amount of people on the dole in Galway!!! The competition for the small few jobs is so big ya don't even get receipt of your cv arriving for the last 2 years.

please politely stick your post where...

I got my job in 2007, most places I applied for didn't acknowledge I gave them the CV or give me a rejection letter. So what?

I know a lot of people who lost their job but all found work again within 6 months at the longest.

Also if you've been looking for work in Galway city maybe you will have noticed that most places aren't posting their jobs online, they are putting signs in the window. Some signs are only up for a day. I would think it would be a good thing that somebody post the one's they've seen up. It would be tough for you occupiers to see the f'kin things when you are staying in the Square jacking off all day long. Shave, shower and look for a job. (That's not a stereotype either, that's from being down there and seeing the guys. Personal Hygiene goes a long way for employers)

maybe if I start recording rejections from managers as I ask in store for work when I see a position vacant you might start picking other bull**** arguments out of your hole

looks like santy brought a lot of people some very high rocking horses early this year!! I look forward to you falling down from your highness, unless you're so certain your job is secure for life eh

you are a muppet of the highest order and how dare you pass judgement on me and you knowing absolutely nothing about me!!

Mod note: user banned for abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

... (iPhone keeps auto correcting as I type!!)
    Jesus your really on the breadline there. Maybe if you upgrade your iPhone to a iPad you won't have any issues or are the 99% allowed to have iPads? maybe they are just for the elite 1% and us poor folk have to settle for basic aul iPhones, with a single core chip. Oh the humanity...

donfers wrote: »
    maybe it's been covered but what about the practicalities of day to day living at the camp? what do they do all day and do they get bothered by drunks/troublemakers/scumbags late at night? Are there people who are always there, 24 hours a day, and have been from the start? Are you seeing your numbers slowly grow?

I support the right of the protest camp to exist and have a lot of sympathy with a lot of their beliefs/opinions

people are paying out of their own pockets to be there, food and monatery donations from many businesses and people sympathetic to the protestors who are there to try improve the quality of life for everyone and not just the camp!

There is a security team on each night from 10.00pm to 10.00am and there has been more than enough trouble from ignoramus', drunks and other elements to keep them on their toes. It is a peaceful camp so most issues fizzle out and people just move on (eventually!!!) and there is rare need to involve the Gardai (who are 100% supportive) of the camp and the issues we are all fighting against.

we expect a spike in volunteers very soon, round about Dec 6th we reckon ;) I personally think we are there to get the ball rolling on a nationwide movement of the masses and that the fact we are there will make it a lot easier for the rest of the 99% to join in. I myself sat back long enough waiting for someone else to start something like this. I can see the benefit of us having somewhere for people to wander in and help take this to the next level.

donfers wrote: »

The practicalities are sometimes difficult. This is a diverse group of strangers who are suddenly living together and trying to get on together. There are sometimes arguments and clashes of personality but not as many as you might think, surprisingly. My husband and I have been there from the start but aren't there 7 days a week. We stay there for 3 or 4 days as a rule, then come home for a couple of days to recharge and see the family etc. There are 3 that come immediately to mind that have been there pretty much continually since the very start.
    Night security is rotated and there are some supporters who come just to do a shift at night so that others can sleep. The drunks aren't too much of a problem as a rule, though they can be tiring to deal with. When you have a group of youngsters who can hardly stand up asking you questions about what you are doing, at 4am it can be very wearing..especially when you know they won't remember a word in the morning! Very few are aggressive or difficult though, just loud and repetitive.
    Yes, the number of actual campers has more or less doubled since the first day. Personally, I don't expect it to grow much more this side of spring..urban camping in winter isn't a very inviting prospect.
    The support from members of the public has been growing daily, with many turning up with biscuits, cake, home made soup etc on a regular basis, along with extra blankets and warm clothes. We didn't ask for these things and were surprised at the beginning at the level of support. We have had support sheets going from the first week and have somewhere in the region of 2000 signatures so far, I think.

people are paying out of their own pockets to be there, food and monatery donations from many businesses and people sympathetic to the protestors who are there to try improve the quality of life for everyone and not just the camp!

There is a security team on each night from 10.00pm to 10.00am and there has been more than enough trouble from ignoramus', drunks and other elements to keep them on their toes. It is a peaceful camp so most issues fizzle out and people just move on (eventually!!!) and there is rare need to involve the Gardai (who are 100% supportive) of the camp and the issues we are all fighting against.

we expect a spike in volunteers very soon, round about Dec 6th we reckon ;) I personally think we are there to get the ball rolling on a nationwide movement of the masses and that the fact we are there will make it a lot easier for the rest of the 99% to join in. I myself sat back long enough waiting for someone else to start something like this. I can see the benefit of us having somewhere for people to wander in and help take this to the next level.

lol..the spike in volunteers may not happen, despite the budget, if these frosts carry on getting harder. Was white outside my house this morning! :)

• Advertisement

... (iPhone keeps auto correcting as I type!!)
    Jesus your really on the breadline there. Maybe if you upgrade your iPhone to a iPad you won't have any issues or are the 99% allowed to have iPads? maybe they are just for the elite 1% and us poor folk have to settle for basic aul iPhones, with a single core chip. Oh the humanity...

so my almost dead old iPhone that's hanging on by a thread (like myself at this stage!) is some sign of wealth now is it? I got the phone free when I signed up to a bill a few years back so don't dare think I payed out a wedge for a phone so I shouldn't be protesting against the corrupt 0.01%!!

oh the humanity is right!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement