Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupy Galway Group (mod note added)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Looks like the Occupy Movement has got itself a new champion :rolleyes:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovs0fpFgeqw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

So are you/your OG Galway buddies actively seeking to find work while in the Camp ?
    I saw no less than 12 jobs advertised on my way up town this morning. I'm sure if you left the camp you might actually find work and not get the rest of us to pay for your little camping holiday.

Were do you get off interrogating people? your postings are not clever or funny, they are sanctimonious, judgmental, transparently divisive and have the depth of a bird bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Shakti wrote: »
    Were do you get off interrogating people?
    lol interrogating yes that's me alright. :rolleyes:
    It wasn't supposed to be clever or funny it was asking an honest question.
    If I lost my job due to the recession i'd be doing whatever I could to get another. But if they are actively looking for work while in there Tents then more power too them.

lol interrogating yes that's me alright.

at least you admit it I suppose thats a start

at least you admit it I suppose thats a start

Pathetic response. Especially when you're just after stating this about me "your postings are not clever or funny, they are sanctimonious, judgmental, transparently divisive and have the depth of a bird bath. "

• Advertisement

Pathetic response. Especially when you're just after stating this about me "your postings are not clever or funny, they are sanctimonious, judgmental, transparently divisive and have the depth of a bird bath. "

I said that about your postings if you identify personally with these qualities thats your own business.

I said that about your postings if you identify personally with these qualities thats your own business.

Ha ha and you state my postings are "transparently divisive"

Ha ha and you state my postings are "transparently divisive"

is there an echo in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

If the rest of those lunatics in that camp are like you it's no wonder ye have absolutely no support. Get off yeer arses and look for a job instead of bemoaning the fact that "there are none." Yeer a scar on Eyre Square, and a scar on Galway. End this pointless bulls**t before one of ye freezes to death.

eire.man wrote: »
    ah that old chestnut eh ;)

so were we until we all lost jobs!
    Yeah, because you'll find another job fairly handy by sitting on your arse in the square all day talking rubbish.

How do you propose to sort out the country?

• Advertisement

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    If the rest of those lunatics in that camp are like you it's no wonder ye have absolutely no support. Get off yeer arses and look for a job instead of bemoaning the fact that "there are none." Yeer a scar on Eyre Square, and a scar on Galway. End this pointless bulls**t before one of ye freezes to death.

Tell me wally is this an official view of 'GUFC' I mean do you represent them in any form/capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

still never answered one of my simple questions.

Occupy Galway want the IMF out.
    If this happens how will we fund our public services for the next 3/4 years?

To date and from being down at the camp i have not seen one suggestion has to how to fund this country.

All i see is posters telling me stuff i already know. where are the posters with solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I have a question. How do the members of the camp envisage their movement bringing about change? I assume they have a better plan then "sit in eyre square until things improve". Im interested to know what they see in the future of this movement and how they think its going to develop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭eire.man

MadYaker wrote: »
    I have a question. How do the members of the camp envisage their movement bringing about change? I assume they have a better plan then "sit in eyre square until things improve". Im interested to know what they see in the future of this movement and how they think its going to develop?

this has been answered many times in this thread

So are you/your OG Galway buddies actively seeking to find work while in the Camp ?
    I saw no less than 12 jobs advertised on my way up town this morning. I'm sure if you left the camp you might actually find work and not get the rest of us to pay for your little camping holiday.

this has also been answered many times in this thread

thanks for the condescending attitude, I wish I was more like you

thankfully people who think like you are few and far between in the real world, online is a totally different buzz altogether!!

I'm curious to know if you treat friends/family/associates who've lost jobs, businesses, houses, cars, friends to suicide the same way?

Yeah, because you'll find another job fairly handy by sitting on your arse in the square all day talking rubbish.

How do you propose to sort out the country?

you haven't a clue wally, lost as usual son?

if you knew the amount of support we have you'd know where you just pulled your "fact" based assumption from.

best of luck in life

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was hoping we could keep this on a civil level.
    Shakti and eire.man are banned from this thread forthwith.
    Don't post again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

Why are they let camp out in eyre square? if a homeless man pitched a tent in the square he would be removed straight away, the only difference is that there is a handful of them and they think they are doing something useful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Tell me wally is this an official view of 'GUFC' I mean do you represent them in any form/capacity?

He speaks for 99% of them.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

well to be fair you would prob need some level of education to get one of those jobs... the only person i know who keeps posting occupy stuff to his facebook page is a guy who went to secondary school with me, he either failed or didnt do the leaving cert he was always high and he never came into school before 12...(i remember one of the teachers when we were lining up to get our class photo for final year they took attendance and one of the teachers muttered that it was to early for him to be in this was at around 1pm we all laughed about it)
    these are the sort of lazy people who sit there and will live of our taxes and just be a burden on working people and apart of the reason that we will be in a recession for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

padraig91 wrote: »
    Why are they let camp out in eyre square? if a homeless man pitched a tent in the square he would be removed straight away, the only difference is that there is a handful of them and they think they are doing something useful!!
    I always wondered this. I wonder if a crowd from the travelling community set up what would happen?!

20061114.gif

I can only assume half of the occupy Galway movement people are homeless

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcnutt

Firstly

I'm not bothered one way or another, if people want to camp on eyre square then why not. This whole trend seems to be going nowhere. Back and forth like watching tennis

Secondly

What I would like to know is this; If the “protest” is against the moneytary system and how it exploits people, then why move for the Christmas market?

Surely the point of any protest is to make life difficult for those who practice what is being protested against? And if moving is deemed to be the right thing to do then why not move to Shop street?

No point answering considering you're banned but no, I don't represent Galway United whatsoever. Just a fan for the past few years. Have never represented Galway United and more than likely never will. Don't let me put you off going to Terryland in years to come.

Weird, eire man must represent Ireland by your logic though? But yet claims to represent the "99%"?
    Ye've just been shown up. No proper policies at all. I mean, it's not nice to call anybody a waster, but the people in this camp are wasters because you are:
    1) wasting time that you could spend looking for jobs, of which there is no shortage if you REALLY want one and,
    2) achieving absolutely nothing whatsoever. This much is obvious. Your pointless protest is just an eyesore. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the way the country is. But clearly nobody in that camp has any notion of economic theories.

I believe we're doing okay as we are, keeping our head down in Europe. Eventually the Euro will fall, I think that's a given. Back to the punt. Things will be tough, but sitting on your arse making Eyre Square look like some sort of asylum achieves nothing.
    Also, the hypocrisy in your camp taking donations is staggering, especially when (allegedly) most members don't even sleep there at night. Ridiculous. To think people's taxes are paying for your dole while you waste day after day in a tent not even actively seeking employment is a disgrace. Pack it in lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

d-gal wrote: »
    I always wondered this. I wonder if a crowd from the travelling community set up what would happen?!

I asked the same thing many many pages ago in this thread but nobody answered.

So the mods banned the only guy from the camp that was answering our questions? Brilliant. Might as well close the thread now.

So the mods banned the only guy from the camp that was answering our questions? Brilliant. Might as well close the thread now.
    If he was answering our questions, our questions wouldn't have to keep being asked every few pages...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Update:
    Do discuss the politics of the occupy movement (particularly in Galway) and whether it's even a good idea - but any attempts at non adult civil discussion will get you banned.
    If you try to personalise this discussion it will get you banned.
    Insulting other members will get you banned.
    Straying off topic will get you banned.
    Stupid jokes will get you banned.
    Calling the occupy members names (crusties, hippies, losers) or trying to belittle them will get you banned.
    [/QUOTE]

what about calling them the great unwashed?
    are they still there or were they evicted?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,495 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

They should be moved out eyre square.

It's a total eyesore.

120kph gusts tonight should be nice.

• Advertisement

If he was answering our questions, our questions wouldn't have to keep being asked every few pages...

oh you'd like to think so would ya, i suggest you read the whole thread start to finish

sorry biko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement