Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupy Galway Group (mod note added)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

antoobrien wrote: »
    Thanks it does.

The problem I had with your question was that there were multiple parties mentioned in the quote (the demo, the gov etc), so it wasn't particularly clear which one you were referring to.

As I have stated, the question was to pg633, he understood it and answered it.

End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

As I have stated, the question was to pg633, he understood it and answered it.

End of.

So what the rest of us aren't allowed to ask for an explanation now?

Be a little gracious and take on board an explanation to the problem somebody reading your post had, which might help you in future, without being difficult.

So what the rest of us aren't allowed to ask for an explanation now?

Be a little gracious and take on board an explanation to the problem somebody reading your post had, which might help you in future, without being difficult.

Why can you not accept an answer and leave it that? why keep going on about it?.

This, in my opinion, is just antagonistic time wasting.
    If anyone wonders what this is all about, please go back to pg633's original post of 11:59, my question of 12:04 and his answer of 12:14 and every thing will be clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I spoke to one of these guys last week and if we went down his road we would all be living in tents, Also I think the large white tent is a disgrace as is the part they have built against the sub station, it looks a real mess now.

I am worn out reading this thread its back and forth non stop, nothing to be gained, time to shut it down .

Why can you not accept an answer and leave it that? why keep going on about it?.

I accepted the explanation and attempted to explain the question that raised your ire.

I was attempting to thank you for your explanation and to point out the potential for confusion with your question. Why did you get snotty to that?

Btb, if you don't want people question what you say (especially when the meaning isn't clear), don't post on public fora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

biko wrote: »
    m2c,
    sure the occupiers don't have all the answers but they don't need to have them.
    You don't need to have an alternative to know that the current situation isn't good.

At least they are "officially" venting what I keep hearing down the pub from people that hate the current system but don't have an alternative either.
    I read the same on boards too. People complaining about the current system without offering an alternative.

You people complaining about the occupiers - are you ok with the current economic system and government?
    Broadly speaking yes, these are tough times economically, hard decisions have to be made, we all know this. For those who are opposing austerity and cuts and tax increases, please let us know your alternative. People will always whinge and whine down the pub Biko, i dont think its the same as landing into the middle of a city centre and setting up an eyesore of a camp. These people are making themselves available to a larger public audience on the premise that they have been wronged and want the system changed, but yet they propose no viable alternative. I dont like paying €5 for a pint in Ireland when ican get it for €2 in Portugal but im not gonna set up camp outside The Kings Head tonight and not leave until my incoherent wants or needs are met. These people now need to sh1t or get off the pot, enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I spoke to one of these guys last week and if we went down his road we would all be living in tents, Also I think the large white tent is a disgrace as is the part they have built against the sub station, it looks a real mess now.

I am worn out reading this thread its back and forth non stop, nothing to be gained, time to shut it down .
    Nice double meaning there, subtle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

2 months on and im none the wiser as no one from this group has answered any of my questions!

skelliser wrote: »
    2 months on and im none the wiser as no one from this group has answered any of my questions!
    Maybe evasiveness is one of their aims? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Answered on thread or in IRL?

I see no-one joined their forum
    http://www.occupygalway.org/assembly/

• Advertisement

I accepted the explanation and attempted to explain the question that raised your ire.

I was attempting to thank you for your explanation and to point out the potential for confusion with your question. Why did you get snotty to that?

Btb, if you don't want people question what you say (especially when the meaning isn't clear), don't post on public fora.

Oh dear, I appear to have upset you!.
    Never mind, let's get back to the real issues.

Storm 10 wrote: »

I'm starting to think that you may be right. At least with your last sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Everybody let's join the Occupy Liberty City movement

"It's about people standing up and being accounted, it's about the future"

I like their wish list, unfortunately all I have to spare is some lead based paint and a faulty gas cooker. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Is it censored to the same degree as their facebook page? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lobes

"Live music from a stellar line up & poetry with a kick!..
    The Rye
    Seamus Ruthledge
    Erika Feeney
    Q2
    Sean maguire-Truth activist/poet of this planet
    Paul David Murphy - Stand-up comedy....
    Who knows who might be there!!, Great night in store!
    Come along & support St.vincent De Paul, Cope & The Galway Diocesan youthservices....
    Free event, donations at the door, The Merry Fiddler, Prospect Hill."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

"Occupy Galway Winter Solstice Fundraiser Gig"?? is this money going to the occupy people or like a charity of some kind?
    Oh i just saw who its for...thank go for a second i thought it was just for the people in the camp

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

This was on the news today, it says its up to the gardi, but the gardi dont want to move them as they aren't doing anything wrong, and there havn't been any complaints from the public, so if people start complaining, will the they be moved?

http://www.galwaynews.ie/23379-gardai-yet-use-powers-remove-city-occupy-camp

(new to all this boards stuff, not sure if the link works, it's on galwaynews.ie )

They're awful quiet lately, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭odnauq

im not gonna set up camp outside The Kings Head tonight and not leave until my incoherent wants or needs are met.
    a long line of people will stand behind you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭eire.man

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    They're awful quiet lately, thankfully.

so are Galway united!!

eire.man wrote: »
    so are Galway united!!
    No in fact GUSTFC are gaining huge media attention, you wouldn't know that up in the camp though as ye are clearly busy trying to cobble together a coherent argument for why ye are up in the square. Come back and let us know when ye have one sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hippygran

coleria wrote: »
    This was on the news today, it says its up to the gardi, but the gardi dont want to move them as they aren't doing anything wrong, and there havn't been any complaints from the public, so if people start complaining, will the they be moved?

http://www.galwaynews.ie/23379-gardai-yet-use-powers-remove-city-occupy-camp

(new to all this boards stuff, not sure if the link works, it's on galwaynews.ie )

At a brief glance, I can't see any section of the Public Order Act that would apply to the Occupy camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hippygran

lobes wrote: »
    "Live music from a stellar line up & poetry with a kick!..
    The Rye
    Seamus Ruthledge
    Erika Feeney
    Q2
    Sean maguire-Truth activist/poet of this planet
    Paul David Murphy - Stand-up comedy....
    Who knows who might be there!!, Great night in store!
    Come along & support St.vincent De Paul, Cope & The Galway Diocesan youthservices....
    Free event, donations at the door, The Merry Fiddler, Prospect Hill."

It was a great night, thanks guys :)

so are Galway united!!
    Galway United fans who are going about setting up a new club are an example of doing something worthwhile, while using coherent plans. As ben said, perhaps you could learn a thing or two from their example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

went past the camp there monday night and all was quiet. they must be on their holliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭eire.man

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    so are Galway united!!
    Galway United fans who are going about setting up a new club are an example of doing something worthwhile, while using coherent plans. As ben said, perhaps you could learn a thing or two from their example.

Nick Leeson??

Mod note: User was banned from thread, now banned from forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Does anyone know if any of them stayed in the camp for Christmas Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Does anyone know if any of them stayed in the camp for Christmas Day?

AFAIK there were yes, but not 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

heads up occupy Galway, your brothers in occupy cork have finally copped on to my idea!!

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/01/02/occupy-cork-occupying-nama/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement