Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupy Galway Group (mod note added)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Hello world

eire.man wrote: »
    just so ye all know, i've been reporting posts that have been spreading the lies of these 2 reputable new sources concering the chair that was most definately not thrown before/during or in fact, after the protest!!

So we are meant to believe the words of some stranger on the internet rather then two news sources?

also as per the forum rules
    ""Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and guidelines, in the process of using Boards.ie, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can report such content to us using the Report Post feature.""
    and there is nothing in the rules about posting not from a news source. so you are just wasting the mods time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭eire.man

just so ye all know, i've been reporting posts that have been spreading the lies of these 2 reputable new sources concering the chair that was most definately not thrown before/during or in fact, after the protest!!

So we are meant to believe the words of some stranger on the internet rather then what two news sources?

no, my account is an honest reporting of what happened down there, i was right in the middle of the whole pushing and shoving so I know exactly what did and didn't happen.

believe everything you read in the papers do ya?

no, my account is an honest reporting of what happened down there, i was right in the middle of the whole pushing and shoving so I know exactly what did and didn't happen.

Well unless you have a video of the whole protest. and i dont really care about the chairs that may or may not have been thrown im more concerned about the guy who is reporting people for believing news sources because they dont line up with his account of things

Well unless you have a video of the whole protest. and i dont really care about the chairs that may or may not have been thrown im more concerned about the guy who is reporting people for believing news sources because they dont line up with his account of things

its not just my account i'm fighting to have heard, its only the fcuking truth!!

excuse the french but this negative propaganda campaign now being waged against protestors is really starting to bug me

there were lots of groups down there today but somehow this has been called an occupy galway troublemaking exercise!! get up the fcuking road galwayadvertiser and galwaynews

some of us protesting have used your services (put money your way for ads, remembrance/death notices etc or may have done in the future, not anymore let me tell ya!!

I refuse to pay them anymore money for advertising or whatever and will forever tell everyone around to do the same.

GOODLUCK!!

So we are meant to believe the words of some stranger on the internet rather then two news sources?

""Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and guidelines, in the process of using Boards.ie, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can report such content to us using the Report Post feature.""
    and there is nothing in the rules about posting not from a news source. so you are just wasting the mods time

you may be correct in what you're saying but the mods have acted against lies and speculation b4 and until the facts come out i think people should not be running with this blanent lie!!

there will be retractions from this lie if i have anything to do with it!!

i'll be into the office of the advertiser tomorrow over it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 lobes

Is it fair to say this reflects badly on Occupy Galway?

It is fair to say this reflects badly on the Galway Advertiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's leave the chairs to the other thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

skelliser wrote: »
    how about a year of rioting
    constant political instability
    threat to put a referenda to Greeks on their bailout

The referenda threat was after the deal was brokered, can you explain to me how something that occurred after the deal affected it?

The reason they got the deal was the figures didn't add up, simple. The Greeks rioted for a few years achieving nothing. Markets have the power whether we like it or not.
    Iceland did similar things, in fact they put IMF intervention to the people.
    They told the EU and the IMF to **** off.

This year Iceland has returned to growth.

They put IMF intervention to the people? When was this?
    I distinctly remember our leaders desperately trying to distance Ireland's situation/similarities to Iceland at the time of the collapse.

Iceland isn't doing that great, about comparable to us. That's about as comparable our economy is to Iceland.

Economic Incentives: Ireland and Iceland

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

antoobrien wrote: »
    2009 exchequer statement

2011 exchequer statement

Read the first line under expenditure.

Thanks for that:

In fairness PS pay has took significant cuts, maybe not enough for some, but progress has been made. The big area is welfare, it's unsustainable atm.

Economic Incentives: Public Sector Pay Once Again

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

lobes wrote: »

Is it fair to say this reflects badly on Occupy Galway?

It is fair to say this reflects badly on the Galway Advertiser.

especially when they removed their slanderous allegations from their facebook!! I expect galwaynews.ie to do the same in due course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

especially when they removed their slanderous allegations from their facebook!! I expect galwaynews.ie to do the same in due course
    Im sure they will now you have spoken :rolleyes:

you may be correct in what you're saying but the mods have acted against lies and speculation b4 and until the facts come out i think people should not be running with this blanent lie!!

So anything we see in the newspapers we should run it by you first to make sure it's true?

No chairs in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lobes

i haven't seen what the protester are fighting for and they don't seem to know themselves, they might as well be marching around with signs that say "Something is wrong! But we are not sure what it is yet."

Audio recording of the 'household tax charge' public talk given at Occupy Galway, Eyre Square on Saturday 7th Jan 2012 in advance of the protest at City Hall on Monday 9th January:

http://soundcloud.com/occupygalway/h...ax-charge-talk

So anything we see in the newspapers we should run it by you first to make sure it's true?

well if you were in the middle of something and the papers ran with a line of bull**** concerning it, then i would ask you and expect the same kind of basic human respect back in return,

anything wrong with that??

i've been talking about this kind of blatent manipulation ofthe people for 3/4 years now (while running my own business 2005/09 and during college 2009/10) and sometimes i have people look at me as if im some manic depressed loon that just wont shut up talking!!

it's people lile you that keep me going.

Honestly, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

i haven't seen what the protester are fighting for and they don't seem to know themselves, they might as well be marching around with signs that say "Something is wrong! But we are not sure what it is yet."

Audio recording of the 'household tax charge' public talk given at Occupy Galway, Eyre Square on Saturday 7th Jan 2012 in advance of the protest at City Hall on Monday 9th January:

stop the presses, sheepy member of the public who made no real effort to hear or see anything has their ass handed to them on a plate

see hello world unless you open your eyes and ears well then you'll never see/hear it!!

i think you only be trolling tbh

stop the presses, sheepy member of the public who made no real effort to hear or see anything has their ass handed to them on a plate

see hello world unless you open your eyes and ears well then you'll never see/hear it!!

Oh yeah I'm meant to know that you guys are against the household tax because u guys set up camp in the middle of eyre square? None of the signs around the camp (at least not the ones I glanced at while passing) say anything about the household tax instead they all say things like "do we love the banks more then out kids?" and other vague nonsense like that
    Because it looks more like you are protesting traveler rights with ur camp
    Also I'm not trolling, perhaps you would take me more seriously if I started cursing in most my posts? Or if I typed in all capitals? Or if I acted extremely patronising to other people on the forum?

isnt hindsight great pmsl

well if you were in the middle of something and the papers ran with a line of bull**** concerning it, then i would ask you and expect the same kind of basic human respect back in return,

i've been talking about this kind of blatent manipulation ofthe people for 3/4 years now (while running my own business 2005/09 and during college 2009/10) and sometimes i have people look at me as if im some manic depressed loon that just wont shut up talking!!

You are still expecting me to believe the words of a random guy on the Internet rather then a newspaper? Do you not realize how rediclious that is? I'm not really sure why u are telling me about your buisness and college because I didnt ask and I definitely dont care?
    Oh also I was the first man on the moon don't believe the papers they are liars trust me ;)

I ask you now to please discuss in a civil manner

• Advertisement

You are still expecting me to believe the words of a random guy on the Internet rather then a newspaper? Do you not realize how rediclious that is? I'm not really sure why u are telling me about your buisness and college because I didnt ask and I definitely dont care?
    Oh also I was the first man on the moon don't believe the papers they are liars trust me ;)

i gave my recent work history so as to counter any "ah you're only a doley" or "i pay my taxes" blah blah blah ya might have thrown at me otherwise.

As for your blind faith in the papers, I repeat, hindsight

and not a cap in sight lol

Oh yeah I'm meant to know that you guys are against the household tax because u guys set up camp in the middle of eyre square? None of the signs around the camp (at least not the ones I glanced at while passing) say anything about the household tax instead they all say things like "do we love the banks more then out kids?" and other vague nonsense like that
    Because it looks more like you are protesting traveler rights with ur camp
    Also I'm not trolling, perhaps you would take me more seriously if I started cursing in most my posts? Or if I typed in all capitals? Or if I acted extremely patronising to other people on the forum?

thanks for solidifying my point hello world, you walk passed and have a sneaking glance, make your mind up about us without actually taking all of it in and then rant and rave online that we dont know what we're doing!!

OMG

i gave my recent work history so as to counter any "ah you're only a doley" or "i pay my taxes" blah blah blah ya might have thrown at me otherwise.

Oh sorry it was the other thread that u were typing in all caps. And no I wasn't planning on saying anything about if u are on the dole (you sound like one of the few who deserve it) if I was going to make a jab about anything, It would have to be on the 1 year college course :P

thanks for solidifying my point hello world, you walk passed and have a sneaking glance, make your mind up about us without actually taking all of it in and then rant and rave online that we dont know what we're doing!!

OMG

Well I walk past it twice a day at least since it started and none of the poster are informative. once again when other people protest their signs usually give some information. Perhaps if people knew what ye were planning to archive then you would have more support. Also I don't think it's fair to say its about the household tax as there are occupy groups everywhere around the world in places where there are no household charges being implemented

Oh sorry it was the other thread that u were typing in all caps. And no I wasn't planning on saying anything about if u are on the dole (you sound like one of the few who deserve it) if I was going to make a jab about anything, It would have to be on the 1 year college course :P

yes i did a year in music technology, spent me €6,500 maintenance grant on brand new music production equipment and studied what i wanted after the year, i learned all about binaural effects that can move people through their shakras so as to increase the effect you get from the music, subtractive synthesis which is creating any sound with it's relative wave forms, running them through correct filtering and basically creating my own kick drums, snares, cymbal sounds etc, im glad i learned at my own intense pace at home in year 2 as my mate who went onto Tralee it still hasnt touched on most of what i learned 8/10 hours a day 6/7 days a week.

in the one year course i did i learned i love the science of sound and the time spent since college has blown my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Stopped listening when he tried to justify it as a comparison to drinking water.

I've a few problems with this comparison:
    1) drinking water is not free (and isn't in many European countries) - it does cost money
    2) a lot of it is wasted unnecessarily
    3) motorists (motor tax) & industry subsidize it.
    4) anyone in a group water scheme is already paying for it

It's a bit much to want all these services but not want to pay for them.

For certain things like water & rubbish I've been in favour of a polluter pays scheme. I see the household charge/property tax as a mechanism of doing this.

For the record I'm renting, it'll probably come out of my rent anyways (whether or it my rent goes up because of this remains to be seen) - so I will be paying for this one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

OMG

Well if you want anyone to take you seriously I would suggest leaving out phrases like OMG, the exclamation marks and perhaps learn the use of capital letters.

I had a preconceived notion in my head that the occupy group were hardly the sharpest tools of society. A quick skim over the last couple of pages has confirmed that thought.

OMG

Well I walk past it twice a day at least since it started and none of the poster are informative. once again when other people protest their signs usually give some information. Perhaps if people knew what ye were planning to archive then you would have more support. Also I don't think it's fair to say its about the household tax as there are occupy groups everywhere around the world in places where there are no household charges being implemented

well ya see down at the camp we'll fight against everything and anything that will further invade peoples already fragile lives, if you want to remain in the matrix thinking everything is rosey then by all means do that but please dont jump on a bandwagon against us when we are fighting against all the ways the man is attacking the 99% so as to keep him and his 1% buddies in the lifestyle they do not deserve!!

OMG

well ya see down at the camp we'll fight against everything and anything that will further invade peoples already fragile lives, if you want to remain in the matrix thinking everything is rosey then by all means do that but please dont jump on a bandwagon against us when we are fighting against all the ways the man is attacking the 99% so as to keep him and his 1% buddies in the lifestyle they do not deserve!!

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »

OMG

Well if you want anyone to take you seriously I would suggest leaving out phrases like OMG, the exclamation marks and perhaps learn the use of capital letters.

I had a preconceived notion in my head that the occupy group were hardly the sharpest tools of society. A quick skim over the last couple of pages has confirmed that thought.

the OMG was thrown in there for hello worlds benefit and if i want to use it again i will, if i want to use exclamation marks i will !!

and to be quite honest caps can go and kiss my arse

talk about trying to attack someone on any angle (was so bloddy tempted to spell that angel!!)

I used to be a grammer nazi but then i realised my condescending tone that came across sometimes when correcting someone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement