Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupy Galway Group (mod note added)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    And 5 months they've failed to even do this. Says it all. Occupy our "lifes" lol.

God love you..but on the upside, you have a wicked sense of humor;)good man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Will you believe wearytraveller if he tells you that he is not connected with O.G.? (I don't know whether he is or not).
    If you won't then why keep up this line of questioning? it's just a waste of time and space.

I suspect he's an alt login. I've already stated my problems with this.

If a mod could be so kind as to check his IP address and settle the issue, I'd be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Red_Wake wrote: »

If a mod could be so kind as to check his IP address and settle the issue, I'd be grateful.

That's fine but why didn't you PM the moderator in the first place. It wouldn't have done any harm and would have saved time and hassle.

Doing it the way you have been is only going to alienate him if you're wrong. But that might be your plan. Divide and conquer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That's fine but why didn't you PM the moderator in the first place. It wouldn't have done any harm and would have saved time and hassle.

Doing it the way you have been is only going to alienate him if you're wrong. But that might be your plan. Divide and conquer.

I'm not a mod here, but use the report post function. In all honesty, I don't think that poster is a re-reg; more likely a occupier that was told about this thread that registered.

I'm not a mod here, but use the report post function. In all honesty, I don't think that poster is a re-reg; more likely a occupier that was told about this thread that registered.

If he is a member of OG, he should clearly state that.

Also, I did not PM a mod because it should be openly stated whether he is an alt or not and, if I am wrong, means everyone knows they are not.

• Advertisement

Last month's antics in the council chamber seem to have had an impact.
    COUNCIL TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION ON OCCUPY GALWAY
    February 14, 2012 - 8:13am
    Galway City Council says it intends to take 'legal action' over the Occupy Galway demonstration.

Acting city manager Joe O' Neil told last evening's council meeting that attempts to resolve the issue with the assistance of Gardai were 'not happening'.

Earlier in the meeting, some councillors had queried what impact the occupation would have on the city's image during the finale of the Volvo Ocean race this Summer.

Last month, the occupy Galway movement marked 100 days in Eyre Square, and maintain they are a peaceful demonstration.
    Are their days numbered?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Storm10.

I won't comment on your post because I think the jury is still out on that subject.[/QUOTE]

How could the jury be "still out" when it was the figure given in the Dail last week for Garda overtime to maintain security at the site. Its a complete waste of taxpayers money and completely unfair to people like me working hard to maintain my family unlike some of the people in the camps in both Galway and Mayo.

If he is a member of OG, he should clearly state that.

Also, I did not PM a mod because it should be openly stated whether he is an alt or not and, if I am wrong, means everyone knows they are not.

I fail to see why you are still pursuing this. Wearytraveller has stated that he is interested in the global Occupy Movement. Isn't that good enough?.

Other people have expressed their support for the O.G. group without being hounded by you like this.
    How would it affect you if it turned out that he was a member?
    At the end of the day what does it matter.

What is your agenda?.

Hardly!

A year ago I had central heating trouble. The boss of the firm that regularly services the boiler came along and fixed it. A week later I still wasn't happy with it, this time the son of the boss came along. No further problems. Both are , supposedly, experts.

Is the government following the right advice?. I won't go as far as to say that the rich are getting richer but the poor are certainly getting poorer.

People of your age are leaving the country left right and centre. If, in the future, employment that is commensurate with the qualifactions that they have appears will they return?. Who can blame them if they don't and where will the country be then. It will be full of pensioners! (like me) what a thought!!

Storm10.

I won't comment on your post because I think the jury is still out on that subject.

Are the poor getting poorer though or is it a case of those who worked all their lives are now finding themselves out of work and watching as their meager savings are sunk into their mortgages and each weeks social welfare payement is streteched beyond belief. I have a lot of sympathy for those in that situation, maybe OG should highlight their plight aswell as the mass abuse of the system by those long term dole claimants who have never worked a day in their lives yet have a far higher income to many hard working families.

If OG has no solutions to the issues they are trying to highlight then they should pack up and head home as they will accomplish absolutly nothing. It's the easiest thing in the world to sit around all day and cry about the hot topics of the day, another thing to actually try and make a difference.

I fail to see why you are still pursuing this. Wearytraveller has stated that he is interested in the global Occupy Movement. Isn't that good enough?.

Other people have expressed their support for the O.G. group without being hounded by you like this.
    How would it affect you if it turned out that he was a member?
    At the end of the day what does it matter.

What is your agenda?.

It's not that he's a member, it's that he's probably posting under two accounts in one thread.

You Occupy folk don't like being questioned, do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

It's not that he's a member, it's that he's probably posting under two accounts in one thread.

In fairness the point has been made. Have you reported the individual posts? If so the mods will see this and can cross reference the individual I.Ps involved. I would be interested if the I.P. of the account you dispute corresponds to that of a known O.G member and poster on here. There's no point continuing on in this vein until the I.P. is checked and referenced.

Thank you.
    You have now shown that you are very selective with the posts that you read. Just the ones that suit you.

If you read a few more you would know not to refer to me as a member of the O.G.

Please get your act together. You are becoming boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wearytraveller

I'm more interested if this is your only login on boards, as you have only been here a few days, and all your posts are in Occupy threads.

The textbook signs of a second account, which would be another example of the Occupy movement's hyprocrisy with regards transparency.

So is this your only account, and why did you sign up to boards just to support Occupy?

Excuse me?? I joined up on boards because I was told about the occupy threads and I am interested in the occupy movement. Is it usual to be cross questioned about your habits on this forum?? And what the hell gives you the right to be the one questioning me! I get limited time online because of my work..do you mind too much if I choose how I spend that time myself??

Excuse me?? I joined up on boards because I was told about the occupy threads and I am interested in the occupy movement. Is it usual to be cross questioned about your habits on this forum?? And what the hell gives you the right to be the one questioning me! I get limited time online because of my work..do you mind too much if I choose how I spend that time myself??

So are you a member of the Occupy movement and/or do you have another account on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

So are you a member of the Occupy movement and/or do you have another account on boards?
    Seriously will you give it a rest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Red Wake - stop, I know you're against the OG movement but you're bringing this thread off track now.
    If you have an issue with another poster then report them by reporting a post and let the mods work on it.

With that nice interlude out of the way.

Does OG:
    A) believe the troika should stay out of our affairs?
    B) believe the troika should give us money while doing A?
    C) believe and promote the fact that statutes are based on your acceptance and/or submission to them?
    D) believe and promote the idea that C is a valid reason for not paying a household charge?
    E) accept donations and spend same with no level of accountability and records that they are willing to make public?

With that nice interlude out of the way.

Does OG:
    A) believe the troika should stay out of our affairs?
    B) believe the troika should give us money while doing A?
    C) believe and promote the fact that statutes are based on your acceptance and/or submission to them?
    D) believe and promote the idea that C is a valid reason for not paying a household charge?
    E) accept donations and spend same with no level of accountability and records that they are willing to make public?

Have you posted this on their website?.
    You're unlikely to find anyone from O.G. coming on here to answer it.
    They have their own website for questions like these, I suggest you try it see.

Yes it is nice that one time wasting question(er) is out of the way.

Have you posted this on their website?.
    You're unlikely to find anyone from O.G. coming on here to answer it.
    They have their own website for questions like these, I suggest you try it see.

Yes it is nice that one time wasting question(er) is out of the way.
    Are you a member of OG? I take it you have no answers to these questions if you are.

Forgive me for asking questions about OG on the thread about OG :rolleyes:

Are you a member of OG? I take it you have no answers to these questions if you are.

Now don't you start!;)

I've said too many times that I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE O.G.
    And that's the last time I'm going to say it.

I didn't say or mean that you shouldn't ask these questions here, I just suggested that you were more likely to get some sort of answer from a real member of O.G. if you went on their website.

I feel that most of the replies you get here will just be stirring things or adding more questions.
    It's not really up to us non members to answer these questions for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Nok1a

He is not a "member" when a question is asked, pretty much like the rest of them.

Nok1a wrote: »
    He is not a "member" when a question is asked, pretty much like the rest of them.

DO NOT HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL ME A LIAR.

If this is your idea of adding to this thread it shows just how low your inteligence is.
    Go away and get a brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

DO NOT HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL ME A LIAR.

If this is your idea of adding to this thread it shows just how low your inteligence is.
    Go away and get a brain.
    More childish abuse from an OG member/sympathiser. Why would anyone go to the camp and ask questions when ye're all so hot-headed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Now don't you start!;)

I've said too many times that I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE O.G.
    And that's the last time I'm going to say it.

I didn't say or mean that you shouldn't ask these questions here, I just suggested that you were more likely to get some sort of answer from a real member of O.G. if you went on their website.

I feel that most of the replies you get here will just be stirring things or adding more questions.
    It's not really up to us non members to answer these questions for them.

indeed you did say you are not a member and that your daughter is in the camp. I think part of the problem here is that nobody in willing to claim membership of OG and that OG is not a unified group that can agree on very much. You appear to be the closet thing to being a spokesperson for the movement. do they actually have an official spokesperson?
    otherwise it seems that we are dealing with an unruly rabble, who want to sponge off the state and yet destroy it.
    their continued presence in the Square is not to anyone's benefit but their own. it is the 99% who they claim to represent that will finance the cleaning up operation when they do eventually decamp.

More childish abuse from an OG member/sympathiser. Why would anyone go to the camp and ask questions when ye're all so hot-headed?!

It is not childish abuse when someone is insulting enough to call me a lair.
    It shows that they cannot understand or accept what I have said.
    That is pure stupidity in my book.

Little bit harsh in fairness, Irishgoatman has said since day 1 that hes not a member he simply follows or supports them. You and I are/were GUFC followers for many years and i would answer things in the gufc thread but im no spokesperson and would direct people to the club or gust when an issue was raised.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    indeed you did say you are not a member and that your daughter is in the camp. I think part of the problem here is that nobody in willing to claim membership of OG and that OG is not a unified group that can agree on very much. You appear to be the closet thing to being a spokesperson for the movement. do they actually have an official spokesperson?
    otherwise it seems that we are dealing with an unruly rabble, who want to sponge off the state and yet destroy it.
    their continued presence in the Square is not to anyone's benefit but their own. it is the 99% who they claim to represent that will finance the cleaning up operation when they do eventually decamp.

How can you say that I am "the closest thing to being a spokesperson for the movement"?.
    Looking back over my posts I cannot, in all honesty see where you get that idea. If you can find a post of mine that gives that impression, despite me having repeatedly stated where I stand, please quote it because I can't see it.
    Yes I, like many others on this thread, support their right to protest.
    Yes, again like many others, I can see why they are protesting.
    Yes my Daughter is part of the camp. So what?. It's her life and it's up to her what she does, and I can see where she is coming from on this.
    whether other people are prepared to state what their position is, is entirely up to them. I have made my position clear so lets leave it that please as this name calling, which is what it is, is taking up far too much time and thread space and is becoming childish and unhelpful as far as being for OR against the O.G.

They have a website. There's nothing wrong with posting any questions there as well as here.

I cannot and will not comment on the camp itself as I've never been there.

Little bit harsh in fairness, Irishgoatman has said since day 1 that hes not a member he simply follows or supports them. You and I are/were GUFC followers for many years and i would answer things in the gufc thread but im no spokesperson and would direct people to the club or gust when an issue was raised.
    Ok, then why not feck off and stop posting on the thread? Seriously. Why would a non-member spend so much time defending them on this thread?

I asked a question of the OG members and he replied.

Breaking news everybody!

It looks as though FreudianSlippers is advocating that all supporters of an organisation must, in future, be members.

Also, only members of said organisation may comment on questions asked of that organisation.

That will certainly take away a lot of the support for English football teams.

Sad day for freedom of speech indeed!

• Advertisement

Ok, then why not feck off and stop posting on the thread? Seriously. Why would a non-member spend so much time defending them on this thread?

I asked a question of the OG members and he replied.
    But sure im against what they are doing and i could have replied to it? There are no actual members of OG on this thread as far as i can see. You should post the questions on their site and then repost their response here, might give us something concrete to discuss rather than the constant back and forth bitching that its descended into.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement