Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Or Rugby in Sydney

Options
  • 14-10-2011 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows the situation of amatuer rugby and soccer in sydney, Dying for a game but i think i may have missed the seasons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Most rugby competitions run between March/April and September, so say you'll have to wait a while there. Best bet is to find local club and ask about teams at your level, this might be good starting point: http://www.nswrugby.com.au/

No idea about soccer but I'd imagine there are loads of year round and 5 a side comps around Sydney...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I'd be up for some soccer too, maybe get a regular game together with some boardsies?.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

I'd be in, need to up my fitness and get out of KX for a few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well my update on this after emailing the fa of sydney, i dont think theres really anything going on till after january which is a sickener, I was looking foward to being the worst player on a different continent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

wonder could we get 10 for a 5aside game in centennial or queens park ??

• Advertisement

Well id play

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

id also be up for a game, arriving in 2 weeks, couldn say id be much good though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

I'd be on for a kickabout. How about a Sunday morning in Centennial?

It's hard to get a game going in the summer time once the season finishes.

If anyone is looking to stick around and play next season, then http://www.dunbarrovers.com are highly recommended. Start training in late January.

By the way, on the occasional Saturday throughout the Summer there is a 5 a side Astro competition on in Kensington. I played in it last Saturday and it was great craic. $750 prize money for the winner, $20 per man to enter (7 man squad). There were 32 teams and it was well organised I have to say.

I'll post up details the next time it's on.

Well Id defintly play, I could maybe get another lad to play aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

said i would play , but i wont be playing on a sunday morning , busy drinking on a sat night and sun is my lie-in !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

These guys run year round competitions and are always lookin teams - http://www.apisc.com.au/indoor-soccer-albert-park.htm

Good craic of an evening

Just putting it out there if anyone needs a player for 5 a side soccer send me a pm, Bored as **** without a game

Advertisement