Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QIPCO CHAMPIONS DAY @ASCOT

Options
  • 14-10-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Should be a good days racing, plenty of good horses out and good money on offer. Would love to have went over but not to be. While it may not be the Breeders Cup or Arc day, should be good to watch.

I've a few selections which I hoping will pay for the weekend.

Long distance cup. No bet for me on this race, might well be very tight. Fame and Glory and 11/4 looks tempting, but Opinion Poll and Times Up could be very close. To tough for me and no great value in the race for. Hopefully a good contest, and will be shouting for F&G.

Sprint. Going for a 33/1 shot Dafeef top of the board, will do it EW. (1/4, 123). I hope he has hit his stride and will progress further. No doubt about it, up against a few good horses and a lot to prove, but I'm seduced by the odds.

Fillys and mares. Ferdoos and Vita Nova will fight for fav. Two decent horses. But my pick is for Micheal Stoutes Crystal Capella with Moore on board. 7/1 at the minute and I'd throw a blanket over all 3 off them, so why not go for the bigger price? I like Bolgers out on Arc day, Banempire and if there was a gamble on it might be interesting. But thats 4 horses from 11 and my pick is Crystal Capella.

QE11. Most will agree its a race for second. However Frankel is going a long time since the Guineas, and if I had the balls would oppose at odds of 1/3. Not to be and I fancy Dick Turpin to run OK and hope he can get second place for my f/c.

Champion Stakes. Where do you start? SYT ran OK in the Arc, and wasn't a great ride by Seamie, IMO. Around the 2/1 mark, is tight for this race, but deserves to be fav. Nathaniel looked a wonder horse in my eyes earlier in the year, and clearly loves Ascot. Back to 1m 2f here and after the break he has had might not be a bad thing. Snow Fairy is very attractive at 8/1. Big price, as she finished ahead of SYT last timeout and ran a close second(1/2 l) to same horse the time before. Looks the value bet.

A case could be made for Twice Over, 4 times group 1 winner, including this and the Eclipse last year. But you draw a line in the sand and I hope Nathaniel can do it again.

Last race is for the bookies.

Who do you fancy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Times up in the first race an improving filly at this time of year is hard to get away from. In the sprint I don't have a fancy. In the mares race I like Dancing Rain, in the champion stakes Miday is over priced and could be an each way steal. In the big mile race Frankel is hard to oppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

200motels wrote: »
    Times up in the first race an improving filly at this time of year is hard to get away from. In the sprint I don't have a fancy. In the mares race I like Dancing Rain, in the champion stakes Miday is over priced and could be an each way steal. In the big mile race Frankel is hard to oppose.

Yeah I like Times Up also. Defo in the mix and should have a shout. But Fame and Glory is top drawer and Opinion Poll is a tough nut to crack. That said I can understand why people would bet on TU, but 3/1 2nd fav is too tight for me. However wouldn't be the first time I got it wrong:o. Good luck

Advertisement