Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sure signal

Options
  • 14-10-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

can anyone tell me if vodafone sure signal box bought in uk will work in rep.ireland,as they are for sale on ebay. thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I believe they are IP geo-blocked and use GPS to track their approximate location. Once they determine they're outside of the UK they will not initialise.

Technically it would also be illegal for you to use one here as you would be broadcasting in licenced spectrum without a licence, or the permission of that someone who holds the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Kensington wrote: »
    I believe they are IP geo-blocked and use GPS to track their approximate location. Once they determine they're outside of the UK they will not initialise.

Technically it would also be illegal for you to use one here as you would be broadcasting in licenced spectrum without a licence, or the permission of that someone who holds the licence.
    +1. Vodafone UK and Vodafone Ireland are two legally separate entities and you would in effect be using licensed spectrum with an unauthorised device.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I know with the sure signal boxes here they have to be configured with your mobile number to work. I had to add ten numbers that was the maximum amount of numbers that they will work with.

Advertisement