Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help needed with PS3 Hard Drive issue!

• 14-10-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi i need some help here regarding finding out whats using the space on my PS3 hard drive.. the thing is i had a standard 40 GB PS3 & recently my laptop died on me so i took the 80gb hard drive from that & put it into my PS3.. now i downloaded again my 2 black op map packs ( first strike & escalation) & while they where downloading i went in to the bit on system settings which tells you how much free space you have & it reads 43GB / 74GB ... & now i have downloaded the 2 maps it still reads the same.. does this mean that 43GB is being used up on my hard drive?? but surely that cant be the case if my old hard drive had 40GB & still had some space on it before i swapped it over!! I couldnt format the Hard drive on my laptop as it had died but i did format it right away on the PS3 so surely this would have wiped the memory?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Hi i need some help here regarding finding out whats using the space on my PS3 hard drive.. the thing is i had a standard 40 GB PS3 & recently my laptop died on me so i took the 80gb hard drive from that & put it into my PS3.. now i downloaded again my 2 black op map packs ( first strike & escalation) & while they where downloading i went in to the bit on system settings which tells you how much free space you have & it reads 43GB / 74GB ... & now i have downloaded the 2 maps it still reads the same.. does this mean that 43GB is being used up on my hard drive?? but surely that cant be the case if my old hard drive had 40GB & still had some space on it before i swapped it over!! I couldnt format the Hard drive on my laptop as it had died but i did format it right away on the PS3 so surely this would have wiped the memory?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you do a backup of your old ps3 hard drive before sticking your laptop one in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

noodler wrote: »
    Did you do a backup of your old ps3 hard drive before sticking your laptop one in?

No i had nothing to back it up to, im not very technical & havent done it before,the only things i wanted to keep were the black ops maps & i knew i could download them again anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    No i had nothing to back it up to, im not very technical & havent done it before,the only things i wanted to keep were the black ops maps & i knew i could download them again anyway!

No clue so.

Hard drive you put into the ps3 should have formatted and erased everything.

Installed any games on it yet?

I am reaching here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

noodler wrote: »
    No clue so.

Hard drive you put into the ps3 should have formatted and erased everything.

Installed any games on it yet?

I am reaching here.

Ive installed the 2 call of duty map packs & thats all but even before they were fully installed it read 43gb/73gb which it still reads now after it is installed... apart from that it has nothing installed to it & i know 2 map packs dont take up 43gb because i had them & more on my 40gb original hard drive!

Advertisement