Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business

Options
  • 14-10-2011 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Ok so,
    I have a college assignment on a new business and the plan for the business.
    You are considering setting up a small business in your local area and require finance and business support in order to do this.
    I am required to make a powerpoint presentation of my new business.
    This presentation should provide details of the chosen business (Insurance Broker) and should refer to the content that I intend to include in my final business plan and spreadsheets.

Any ideas on what sort of headings or topics I should do this presentation under to make it most effective?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

well here is a template for a business plan for starters http://www.fingalceb.ie/business-programmes/programmes-for-start~up-businesses/start-your-own-business/business-plan-template

Make sure you get some info on your competition.

Do a SWOT analysis

Include short term medium term and long term goals

Include the cost of setting up - Office space, furniture, signage, etc, rates, etc

You could also when speaking of your competition, local & national insurance brokers try and find some info somewhere where you have complaints about them - From my research i have found that a company x does not have a good reputation when it comes to customer service and for us customer satisfaction is most important etc. for every advantage they have hightlight the advantage over them.

For e.g Company A has been operating for 10 years in the motor insurance area
    Your positive - I intend to offer motor and home insurance

Highlight how your business will be convenient something people love.

An advantage of your business could be that your main concern is the customers not profits and how you see it as your job to get the best deal for that person not for yourself.

I would suggest you come up with a fake business name etc.

How you will market it.

Advertisement