Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ombre hair and colour B4..

• 14-10-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I have naturally dark brown hair, but have a colour in it so it’s black now. I’m getting really bored and want a change. I love the ombre hair look, and will obviously have to lighten my hair in some way. I used colour B4 before, and it worked to give me a nice light colour on the lengths of my hair, but the roots and the top went a bit orange. I’m thinking of possibly getting it again, and just putting it on the lengths of my hair. In my mind this should give me an ombre hair look, but maybe not?! Has anyone tried this kind of thing before, or think it may/may not work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

TBH you would be better off using the ColourB4 all over, when your roots start to come in you'll have brown roots, black length and light tips. Did you use a temporary ash blonde colour to tone down the orange as directed, or just leave it? It really does makes a huge difference to the orange/copper that the hair dye leaves behind.

If it were me, I would use the extra strenght ColourB4 all over, tone with an ash bonde wash out colour and a few days later apply a lighter colour/gentle bleach to the lengths of the hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I think in theory it would work but it's impossible to tell if it would give you the result you want.

If you do try it and don't like the results you could always use colour b4 again all over your head.

If you do it and get an orange tint then try this tip, it works really well at toning down orange and it would also blend the top a bit more with the ends http://www.tipking.co.uk/tip/5919.html

Advertisement