Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Room Antics

Options
  • 14-10-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Dealing with human managers, there's always going to be the option for psych-outs, banter and bargaining. But what about deals done in the backroom?

Secret conspiracies that change the rightful course of the league, or another element of the game to master?

There is also a poll. Otay. :)

What do you think of backroom deals? 13 votes

Part of the game, I'm all for them
    0%
    As long as they're out in the open
    69%
    PhoneheadcornykrissovoMilfordBudeoferrallGelioFewFewseanandcclampett 9 votes
    No dice, I settle my deals on the pitch
    15%
    TheVoodool3m0n5 2 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    15%
    johnnysmackEffluo 2 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

iv no experience in any of this.. been in bot leagues up until now, n been keeping a low head as far as talking to other managers.. my whipping boy status has be down in the dumps :rolleyes:

Atari Jaguar..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I'm all for it. and as long as there is intensity settings then it will always happen. I have used it in the league when in with boardsies and we've been on cup runs. I don't think it has changed the course of the league as instead of LTNTing we have WNWIM'd to have enrgy for the cup.

IMO the results would have been the same as intensity is still matched just energy saved.

so I'd be a hypocrit if said should be banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I have done a couple of deals this season:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

krissovo wrote: »
    I have done a couple of deals this season:o

Does that qualify for a warning - the power is coursing through my veins!

nothing to be ashamed about krissvo, we all do it and done it. I have not this season mainly as I got whipped in the cup very early so haven't had to watch energy.

it's all about whats best for your team, and with intensity this side will always exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ah yeah, I've done some dealings too. I think it adds to it, as long as people stick to their word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I don't go looking for deals anymore, I feel as NT manager I must be above such terrible antics. I play all my league games WNWIM anyway so it doesn't take much to get me to say no probs if you ask for one.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

It's part of the game at this stage ... I enjoy it! It adds another set of tactics to the armory.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

its all part of the game, iv been picking the games to tnt in so havent needed to do and have never done in all my four seasons:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

It's part of the game and I've done it so I'm for them. But I do think it's wrong to say it doesn't (or at least definitely wont) change the league as while the match being played should end the same there is an advantage going into future games. But it's accepted as part of the game by most so that doesn't matter.

I'll rarely go looking for deals but if energy-wise I need to wnwim like I did in the last cup round (my tactics set before being away did not account for a cup run) and I'm playing a boardsie I'll let them know and they can do what they like (damn you Phonehead!:mad::p).

If I think I can win on equal intensities or if it's a boards team I'll generally agree to wnwim if asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Atari Jaguar
    I understand that this is going to happen, but I also think it is clearly true that it is adverse to an even playing ground, which is unfortunate.

My Poll answer was, "Settle matter's on the pitch", but in reality I'd be an idiot to do that when I know that such a big advantage could be got through the use of this kind of deal is being used by a lot of the competition...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Effluo wrote: »
    I understand that this is going to happen, but I also think it is clearly true that it is adverse to an even playing ground, which is unfortunate.

My Poll answer was, "Settle matter's on the pitch", but in reality I'd be an idiot to do that when I know that such a big advantage could be got through the use of this kind of deal is being used by a lot of the competition...

It does allow you to predict their behaviour though. Expect the TNT etc.

Advertisement