Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Trinity have cancelled the Nick Griffin talk?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

No

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

buyer95 wrote: »
    No

I have never seen a more pointless bump in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

No

You bumped this for that? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Felt I had the right to express my views on this highly contentious issue, it is clear Griffen is a racist, but I still support freedom of speech reminds me of a poor mans Enoch Powell. On the unneeded bump, excuse me, did I insult anyone with this post? Then why do you complain, and add petrol to the fire by replying to this so called " bump ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Felt I had the right to express my views on this highly contentious issue, it is clear Griffen is a racist, but I still support freedom of speech reminds me of a poor mans Enoch Powell. On the unneeded bump, excuse me, did I insult anyone with this post? Then why do you complain, and add petrol to the fire by replying to this so called " bump ?"

Because it just said "no"! :pac: Agree with this post though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

its just, well, 24 pages of debate on a contentious issue, and you don't bump with your follow up post's point, but with a 'no.' a single word. an opinion you could've expressed by voting in the pole. I don't get it is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭stanley 2

it is very dangerous giving freedom of spech to facists or comunists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

What I sometimes find about men like Nick Griffin is that they are a bit like used car salesmen.

Everybody knows they generally cannot be trusted, but they are very gifted at manipulation of the truth, in that they know that to tell a credible lie, you must pepper your lie with at least some truth.

That's the problem with guys like this. It can be difficult to disassociate the truth that they do employ on one hand, and the bilge they emit on the other hand.

I voted no to the poll; but reluctantly so. I would hesitate to apply free speech to those who are as manipulative as Griffin, but in the end we have no other real option, for the protection of free speech is too sacred to allow even men like Nick Griffin its revocation, and indeed the support that he might garner from that.

Anyway I know the matter is closed now, but it's an interesting question about free speech in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Griffin mounts people whilst flapping his wings, cackling we need deterrants like him that stand to reason as the last bastion of winged defilement

• Advertisement
Advertisement