Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do i need?

Options
  • 14-10-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

How much cash would i need to show in my bank acc when going on a 6 month HV? Also can I show the required amount been lodged into my account in one sum or does it matter? or do I have to show anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

I have been told by a visa agent that very rarely you would be asked but if so you are required to show €4000 in your bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

How much cash would i need to show in my bank acc when going on a 6 month HV? Also can I show the required amount been lodged into my account in one sum or does it matter? or do I have to show anything?
    You can't work on a holiday visa so how much do yoy think you will need to live in Australia for the time you are going to be here for? The Australian government really aren't going to be that bothered if you have to cut your holiday short because you ran out of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Do a search on the forum, there has been loads about this in the past. You don't need the cash - you need access to the cash, a credit card, Irish bank acc etc. and yes you are right it is rarely checked.

Also how much cash really depends on you. You have told us your life style, or plans really - how much do you plan to work? Party animal? A mix of work and fun?

<edit> just seen the OP said HV when I read WHV - obviously the work bit was intended for people with WHV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

hussey wrote: »
    Do a search on the forum, there has been loads about this in the past. You don't need the cash - you need access to the cash, a credit card, Irish bank acc etc. and yes you are right it is rarely checked.

Also how much cash really depends on you. You have told us your life style, or plans really - how much do you plan to work? Party animal? A mix of work and fun?

Hussey you naughty boy you sujesting that he might work on a holiday visa wheres a mod when you need one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Dont worry, i wont be working;), but will be checking the place out for a permanent move for the family, i just said i would throw the question out here about what amount of funds to have as i have heard so many different answers, anyway i am planning on bringing about 8000 bucks so i should be ok with that once i dont party 24/7:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Dont worry, i wont be working;), but will be checking the place out for a permanent move for the family, i just said i would throw the question out here about what amount of funds to have as i have heard so many different answers, anyway i am planning on bringing about 8000 bucks so i should be ok with that once i dont party 24/7:D

why wouldnt you work , whats the worst thing that could happen , getting deported , free plane ride home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

irishh_bob wrote: »
    why wouldnt you work , whats the worst thing that could happen , getting deported , free plane ride home :)

Maybe kiss goodbye to that permanent move for the whole family he mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

mandrake04 wrote: »
    irishh_bob wrote: »

Maybe kiss goodbye to that permanent move for the whole family he mentioned.
    If you get deported you don't get a free flight. They fly you back to Ireland and charge you business rate prices so its probably one of the most expensive flights you'll ever get. You also usually only get a ban on temporary visas so you could come back on a permanent visa the next day if it was granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

aido79 wrote: »
    If you get deported you don't get a free flight. They fly you back to Ireland and charge you business rate prices so its probably one of the most expensive flights you'll ever get. You also usually only get a ban on temporary visas so you could come back on a permanent visa the next day if it was granted.

that's true a ban does not affect PR, it does 457. OP already mentioned in another thread that he is seeking 457 sponsor because he doesnt have trade papers for PR. No 457 no PR.

In saying that going on a tourist visa looking 457 sponsorship is a no brainer anyway

Advertisement