Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Drogheda to Dun Laoghaire tomorrow Saturday 14th

Options
  • 14-10-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a taxi company or a reliable individual to bring me from Drogheda to Dún Laoghaire in Dublin tomorrow afternoon - between 12-12.30 (Timing is essential.)

Obviously, I'm looking for a reasonable rate, but reliability is most important.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit (I should add that I'm familiar with Caffreys and will be pricing with them later.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Approximately 64k http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=drogheda+to+dun+laoghaire&saddr=drogheda&daddr=dun+laoghaire&hl=en&sll=53.401034,-8.307638&sspn=6.224846,19.753418&geocode=FSSnMwMdTgqf_ykv9W6aIzpnSDGAvjGXqccACg%3BFfAsLQMdJl-i_ymPHEf73gdnSDHwKTKXqccACg&vpsrc=0&t=m&z=9

On the meter:
    Hire including first km €4.10 = €4.10
    Next 14km @ €1.03 per km = €14.42
    Next 15km @ €1.35 per km = €20.25
    Next 34km @ €1.77 per km = €60.18
    Call out charge €2.00
    Total €100.95 + tolls (Drogheda, Port Tunnel and East Link if applicable*), extra passengers, unsociable hours, etc.

Some drivers may discount that, but they have little chance of a fare on the return leg, so not by much. Try to get a driver licenced for Louth+Meath+Dublin.

Would train + taxi be practical? Or bus, changing in Dublin Airport (Aircoach to Dalkey/Greystones goes via Dun Laoghaire) or Dublin city centre.

Adult Child Student Faircard Weekender
    Single €18.00 €9.00 €15.00 €16.00
    Monthly Return €33.00 €16.50 €21.00 €23.00
    Weekly €61.00 €24.50 €46.50
    Monthly €244.00 €92.00 €155.00
    Fares may not be up to date, but would be within about 10%.

* Certainly avoid Dublin City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

NRC taxis from Dublin. The do a lot of this sort of work for account customers and have drivers around North County Dublin ( Balbriggan etc....) that can and happily will make a quick hop and skip into Drogheda to pick you up. Their prices are very straightforward; metered fare.

They're about the most relaible out there.

And by the way, I've no involvement with them. The last time I drove a taxi is over three years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Victor wrote: »
    Approximately 64k http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=drogheda+to+dun+laoghaire&saddr=drogheda&daddr=dun+laoghaire&hl=en&sll=53.401034,-8.307638&sspn=6.224846,19.753418&geocode=FSSnMwMdTgqf_ykv9W6aIzpnSDGAvjGXqccACg%3BFfAsLQMdJl-i_ymPHEf73gdnSDHwKTKXqccACg&vpsrc=0&t=m&z=9

On the meter:
    Hire including first km €4.10 = €4.10
    Next 14km @ €1.03 per km = €14.42
    Next 15km @ €1.35 per km = €20.25
    Next 34km @ €1.77 per km = €60.18
    Call out charge €2.00
    Total €100.95 + tolls (Drogheda, Port Tunnel and East Link if applicable*), extra passengers, unsociable hours, etc.

Some drivers may discount that, but they have little chance of a fare on the return leg, so not by much. Try to get a driver licenced for Louth+Meath+Dublin.

Would train + taxi be practical? Or bus, changing in Dublin Airport (Aircoach to Dalkey/Greystones goes via Dun Laoghaire) or Dublin city centre.

Adult Child Student Faircard Weekender
    Single €18.00 €9.00 €15.00 €16.00
    Monthly Return €33.00 €16.50 €21.00 €23.00
    Weekly €61.00 €24.50 €46.50
    Monthly €244.00 €92.00 €155.00
    Fares may not be up to date, but would be within about 10%.

* Certainly avoid Dublin City Centre.

I would disagree with that, for starters the exact pick up and drop location are not known. And as for avoiding the city center I'm not too sure either.

If you head straight down the m1 via Whitehall onto the Northstrand and accross the Eastlink toll bridge and down Sandymount strand and the Rock Road you're definitly going to save compared to the Port tunnel.

Anyway, on daytime rate I'd be very very surprised it going to come to a hundred Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is train + Dart not an option ? If you are worried about time just get an early train and get a coffee to kill time in Dun Laoghaire. You can be much more certain about how long a train and dart will take and you will not have traffic to contend with.

Best route for taxi would be M1 then M50 and off at sandyford exit. Traffic should be quiet on a saturday . I'd still think that would take longer than the train by a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would disagree with that, for starters the exact pick up and drop location are not known.
    Sure, but one has to start somewhere.
    And as for avoiding the city center I'm not too sure either.

If you head straight down the m1 via Whitehall onto the Northstrand and accross the Eastlink toll bridge and down Sandymount strand and the Rock Road you're definitly going to save compared to the Port tunnel.
    Using the East Link is avoiding the city centre. :)
    Anyway, on daytime rate I'd be very very surprised it going to come to a hundred Euro.
    How do you calculate it?
    calex71 wrote: »
    Best route for taxi would be M1 then M50 and off at sandyford exit. Traffic should be quiet on a saturday.
    It would add 20km and €27 on the taxi, but tolls would be different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Update us OP - how much was it? :D

Advertisement