Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer internships

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lauma

SantryRed wrote: »
    Got a phone call off Deloitte today for a competency based interview on Wednesday. Anyone got any idea what exactly that will entail? Thanks.

Congrats on getting interview. They will look for the answers about your leadership, teamwork, problem solving skills and etc . so prepare these in advance. also know your application form. Oh and the question about What Challenges Deloitte faces now caught me off guard ... so be prepared just in case if you'll be asked.
    They are really nice. Good luck! Let me know if you need more info

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

lauma wrote: »
    Congrats on getting interview. They will look for the answers about your leadership, teamwork, problem solving skills and etc . so prepare these in advance. also know your application form. Oh and the question about What Challenges Deloitte faces now caught me off guard ... so be prepared just in case if you'll be asked.
    They are really nice. Good luck! Let me know if you need more info

How long after the interview does it take them to contact a person usually? This is the 11th day since I had my interview with Deloitte. Am I just getting impatient?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I havent been told if I have an interview from Deloitte yet. They said on Friday I would know over the "coming days" so im hoping im still in with a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lauma

Cian92 wrote: »
    How long after the interview does it take them to contact a person usually? This is the 11th day since I had my interview with Deloitte. Am I just getting impatient?

sorry should of mentioned that I was interviewed for grad position . but as far as I know they tend to ask more or less the same questions even application form is the same.
    I had interview on Wednesday and got a call on Friday morning.

if you didn't get rejection letter by know I'd say you still have a chance.

lauma wrote: »
    sorry should of mentioned that I was interviewed for grad position . but as far as I know they tend to ask more or less the same questions even application form is the same.
    I had interview on Wednesday and got a call on Friday morning.

if you didn't get rejection letter by know I'd say you still have a chance.

Oh ok, I was called before the closing date, as I was also applying for an International Student Business Forum, so that's probably why I haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Does anyone have any specific insights about the internships themselves? Are they all fairly similar? I got an offer today and have two interviews to come, wondering do people have any preferences?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lou5556

Hi, I've got a place in the interview and assessment day for Ernst & young in Dublin this week, but I can't go to the presentation tomorrow evening! :( as I have a class until half5 that will include prep for a test next week.

Is it a bad move not to go to this evening??? Also anyone have any idea what the assessment will include??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

I got a call from EY on thursday but then said they could not accept my application as I am in Final year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

cat_xx wrote: »
    I got a call from EY on thursday but then said they could not accept my application as I am in Final year :(

Same except it was an email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Just a quick question on the E&Y presentation, I'm presuming business dress is standard yes? Also any tips on format etc.. Should we be prepared for questions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

bricky06 wrote: »
    Just a quick question on the E&Y presentation, I'm presuming business dress is standard yes? Also any tips on format etc.. Should we be prepared for questions?

Well I'll be wearing business dress anyway! I think it's just an information session, and a chance to meet and talk to people who work there. I doubt we'll be asked questions, but maybe prepare a few questions you want to ask.

Lou5556 wrote: »
    Hi, I've got a place in the interview and assessment day for Ernst & young in Dublin this week, but I can't go to the presentation tomorrow evening! :( as I have a class until half5 that will include prep for a test next week.

Is it a bad move not to go to this evening??? Also anyone have any idea what the assessment will include??

Definitely go.. it would be quite stupid not to and your chances or getting the internship would be significantly reduced.

Definitely go.. it would be quite stupid not to and your chances or getting the internship would be significantly reduced.

I don't think that's true. It would be beneficial to go, but I don't think not going will reduce your chances. The biggest impression you make will be at the interview.

I would make every effort to go. Its all about seen to be interested in doing the internship and I think not being there might reflect badly on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 igiveup2

did anyone interview with PwC today? what did you think of it?

Been called for an interview with Deloitte on Monday!!:)
    Still cant believe it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Just got rejection email form KPMG :(

I have PwC and Delloite interviews tomorrow, although I'm a bit too disappointed to research more on those companies right now . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Been called for an interview with Deloitte on Monday!!:)
    Still cant believe it:D

Nice one lad. So those with 2.1 degre don't give up yet. For some reason I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Nice one lad. So those with 2.1 degre don't give up yet. For some reason I have.

Same, I'm still waiting but I am not overly worried as a girl I know applied for all 4 for summer internship and got rejected by all but when it came down to the app for the proper grad position the next year she got offers from all of them.

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »
    Just got rejection email form KPMG :(

I have PwC and Delloite interviews tomorrow, although I'm a bit too disappointed to research more on those companies right now . . .

Be grateful you got interviews some of us were not so lucky.

igiveup2 wrote: »

Did PwC today, it wasn't too bad. They really do try to put you at ease. My interviewers were very friendly, and I think I came across as friendly and confident, but I think I could have answered some of the questions a bit better. And they're interviewing 110, but only taking on 26 :/ So I'll have to wait and see I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

Mine went ok.. Guys I had were brilliant, took the tension out of the room and was quite a relaxed conversation. doubt I'll ever enjoy an interview as much ever again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭shadowysmile

jubella wrote: »
    Did PwC today, it wasn't too bad. They really do try to put you at ease. My interviewers were very friendly, and I think I came across as friendly and confident, but I think I could have answered some of the questions a bit better. And they're interviewing 110, but only taking on 26 :/ So I'll have to wait and see I guess!

So all candidates have been noticed already? I didn't get any contact from PwC. Suppose I don't need to keep waiting for PwC anymore. :(

So all candidates have been noticed already? I didn't get any contact from PwC. Suppose I don't need to keep waiting for PwC anymore. :(

Did they not email you? I got the PwC interview today but I haven't even heard anything from the rest of the big 4..odd

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Had PwC interview today, went really well! But I'm not sure if it's because I actually interviewed well or if it was because the girls interviewing me were great craic! Got a call from EY just as I left PwC asking me to come for an interview on Friday!! They're honestly like buses!!

• Advertisement

PwC was good for me also, but one of my interviewers was quite challenging, kept drilling on certain points. I was told that the since they're quite impressed with the calibre of this year's applications, there's a chance they will increase their intake a bit.
    I got a really nice rejection email from KPMG, but still haven't heard anything from Deloitte and E&Y. I got a really weird email from E&Y yesterday, thanking me for the time I put into my application and the interest shown and saying they look forward to contacting me in the near future (their words). What does this mean? I mean they had already confirmed they received my application twice...I had already written off both E&Y and Deloitte but it seems there's still hope as people are still getting called for interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Haaa lads I only got confirmation mail from the big 4. No phone call nor rejection letter. Lool

PwC was good for me also, but one of my interviewers was quite challenging, kept drilling on certain points. I was told that the since they're quite impressed with the calibre of this year's applications, there's a chance they will increase their intake a bit.
    I got a really nice rejection email from KPMG, but still haven't heard anything from Deloitte and E&Y. I got a really weird email from E&Y yesterday, thanking me for the time I put into my application and the interest shown and saying they look forward to contacting me in the near future (their words). What does this mean? I mean they had already confirmed they received my application twice...I had already written off both E&Y and Deloitte but it seems there's still hope as people are still getting called for interviews.

God I hope so, I'd love PwC!

I got the same email from EY yesterday; 'Thank you very much for the time and effort you have put into completing this application and the interest you have shown in Ernst & Young. We look forward to contacting you in the near future.'

They rang me this afternoon, maybe they're just taking their time going through the applications? Odd!

God I hope so, I'd love PwC!

I got the same email from EY yesterday; 'Thank you very much for the time and effort you have put into completing this application and the interest you have shown in Ernst & Young. We look forward to contacting you in the near future.'

They rang me this afternoon, maybe they're just taking their time going through the applications? Odd!

Obviously my effort wasn't sufficient as I haven't received the email ;P

As I said I'd kinda written the other two off already because I heard of this presentation you were supposed to be invited to (E&Y), but it's odd that they would say "We look forward to contacting you in the near future"; I guess you could read it both ways that you ARE going to get a call from them, or that they'll let you know. Anyway, I guess at this stage the excitement is gone for me, I'm not gonna worry about it...

• Advertisement

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    Did they not email you? I got the PwC interview today but I haven't even heard anything from the rest of the big 4..odd

nope...just got interview from Deloitte and a weird email from KPMG said "We're looking forward to contact with you in near future" with a title " KPMG Confidential". Thats strange, isn't it?

Just this so far, nothing else....

Sorry, but I think that "odd" email is pretty normal for E&Y 'casue I got that one"...looking forward..." as well with a confidential title but without being invited to the presentation tonight so...just keep waiting for any potential 'excited' news from other big 4 I suppose...

good luck for everyone who had paid so much effort on this stuff...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭kieran4003

You are very lucky alright if you get called to an interview or in some of your cases, more then one. The only company that replied to me so far are Ernst & Young and that was to reject me. I have not heard anything from the other three yet. I am really losing hope at this stage though.

Are you at a major disadvantage if it is a 2:1 you have? If it is, I am completey screwed.

I think the companies should make a response though as soon as they can, because I spent hours last week trying to perfect these forms when I could of been doing an important essay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

Interview with deloitte monday.Bit nervous about it.Currently just off 2:1 range as well however I do have a lot of extra curriculars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just home from an interview with Deloitte. Was a very friendly interview and the two people were very nice. Will find out in the next week if I get it! Only one I applied for.

Can I just say thanks to the people who helped on this thread. If any one has any questions about Deloitte's interview, feel free to send me a PM.

kieran4003 wrote: »
    You are very lucky alright if you get called to an interview or in some of your cases, more then one. The only company that replied to me so far are Ernst & Young and that was to reject me. I have not heard anything from the other three yet. I am really losing hope at this stage though.

Are you at a major disadvantage if it is a 2:1 you have? If it is, I am completey screwed.

I think the companies should make a response though as soon as they can, because I spent hours last week trying to perfect these forms when I could of been doing an important essay.

Yep, agree with you but they must have a reason for sending rejection mails so late...actually they already started to review applications and at least half of candidates would have been confirmed before the deadline I suppose. So just keep going and never give up.

The truth is the internship programme is far more competitve than graduate one. I pormise the situation would be totally different when the next opportunity coming if you keep improving yourself.

The major is not that important as you thought. Mine is Accounting&Finance but still didn't find out how big advantage it brings me. When you get a chance to take a look inside of B4 then you'll see not so many people over there have A&F degrees but something else so...never give up!:)

Anyone know how many people Deloitte are taking on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Deloitte offered me an internship! Had to turn it down due to commitments at home, hopefully I freed up a space for one of you.

Still the interview was a good experience and it's nice to know that they wanted to take me on.

Just finished EY. Not gonna lie, it was scary! I though PwC were much more relaxed. I'm not holding any hope for EY anyway! :(

• Advertisement

Just finished EY. Not gonna lie, it was scary! I though PwC were much more relaxed. I'm not holding any hope for EY anyway! :(

how come?:confused: You mean the questions were trickey enough? Could you give a example? I think Deloitte one was pretty easy though...

how come?:confused: You mean the questions were trickey enough? Could you give a example? I think Deloitte one was pretty easy though...

They had a list of questions in front of them, and a lot of it was very quick fire I thought. They kept going on about how it was going to be more of a conversation type thing but it wasnt like that at all.

Deloitte offered me an internship! Had to turn it down due to commitments at home, hopefully I freed up a space for one of you.

Still the interview was a good experience and it's nice to know that they wanted to take me on.

I was in a lecture and got a phone call from them! Can't get on to them now, fingers crossed. Oh the suspense.

Oh really? I have EY on Friday! Were the questions about you or were they about current affairs? Also, just wondering how the aptitude test went?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lou5556

Oh really? I have EY on Friday! Were the questions about you or were they about current affairs? Also, just wondering how the aptitude test went?

I'm in EY on Friday aswell! :D kinda worried because i didn't make it to the presentation yesterday in the end, did I miss much??

I was wondering about the aptitude tests aswell, and if there are any other group activities as part of the interview and assessment?

Mainly questions about you, but there's a section on business and current affairs as well.
    The aptitude test is ok. You do get practice questions before the real thing, but timing was an issue for me. You need to look a some questions for a minute or two to get your head around them, but you have less than a minute to answer each question.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone know how many people Deloitte are taking on?
    As far as I know its 80 in total but I dont know how that is split between their 3 locations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Sorry to hear that. I just have two quick questions, what department were you applying for, and how soon after the interview did you hear beck from them?

Regards,
    Rothmans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Im after getting the same odd email from e and y, im just taking it as a confirmation email and nothing more.

• Advertisement

I got rejected by Deloitte for their International Student Business Forum. However, I was re asked about my preference for location if I received an internship. So fingers crossed, I get that anyway. It seemed more likely I would get the internship if I said I could go to Dublin, but I need to stay in Cork.

Advertisement