Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer internships

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭kieran4003

I got a call from PwC today, They did not offer me the summer internship but instead they would be interested in me for a 6 month placement next year. Rather odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 igiveup2

kieran4003 wrote: »
    I got a call from PwC today, They did not offer me the summer internship but instead they would be interested in me for a 6 month placement next year. Rather odd.

Did you have an interview with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Rothmans wrote: »
    Congratulations on getting the summer internship. When did they call if you don't mind me asking?

About 12 o'clock today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lauma

SantryRed wrote: »
    Got offered the internship today in Audit by Deloitte after the interview yesterday. Delighted :)

Congrats on getting the offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭kieran4003

igiveup2 wrote: »
    Did you have an interview with them?

They will contact me in a few weeks to arrange an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

They will contact me in a few weeks to arrange an interview.

Did you have an interview with them this week for the internship at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I wonder does that mean all the summer spots are gone... Hmm.

jubella wrote: »
    I wonder does that mean all the summer spots are gone... Hmm.

I might be trying to think positive here, but afaik no one on this thread got a rejection from PwC yet, neither those that were interviewed nor those that weren't even called for an interview. Maybe they're just starting to reject people now? It's not clear if the person that was offered the placement had an interview at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Did anyone apply for legal in deloitte?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

This how it will go everyone who doesn't get a place will get a big fat rejection letter stating thank you for applying at ( big 4 ) unfortunately vacancies has been filled.

We'll keep your application in our database for future reference. = bad result = BIN. Good/pretty good future employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

This how it will go everyone who doesn't get a place will get a big fat rejection letter stating thank you for applying at ( big 4 ) unfortunately vacancies has been filled.

We'll keep your application in our database for future reference. = bad result = BIN. Good/pretty good future employee.

Wasn't aware of how they do things. Thanks mate really cleared up that confusion surrounding the ordeal

I might be trying to think positive here, but afaik no one on this thread got a rejection from PwC yet, neither those that were interviewed nor those that weren't even called for an interview. Maybe they're just starting to reject people now? It's not clear if the person that was offered the placement had an interview at all.
    Sounded like he hasn't done one, I'm sure they'd be offering places before rejecting people so unfortunately I'd say if you haven't(like me) been called, it's unlikely we'll be getting places. Hopefully some people get some good news tomorrow though :)

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    Sounded like he hasn't done one, I'm sure they'd be offering places before rejecting people so unfortunately I'd say if you haven't(like me) been called, it's unlikely we'll be getting places. Hopefully some people get some good news tomorrow though :)

I had an interview with PwC on Tuesday, they were the only ones that invited me for one. If he has done one it means that they've probably already decided who they're gonna take on, and they're just keeping a few people as back ups. But no one seems to have heard anything from PwC so I'm still hoping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭shadowysmile

So much appreciate everyone!

Thank you monaghanman10, Eoghan41, --homeslice--, Rothmans, daithiolabhrai, jubella, and our junior AdamD who applied this in his 1st year but got a chance to "talent pool":P !!!

Could anybody who haven't post their colleges and grades continue on doing that please?

I was think I will do a brief analysis then disclose it with excel if I can get enough data lets say 30 or more.

Thanks again. It would be very useful and meaningful I suppose! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭yesman2000

72 % average first year, same in semester 1 second year.
    Applied to PwC and Deloitte
    Offered job at PwC and got interview with Deloitte. Probably won't go to Deloitte interview as I'm delighted with PwC.

• Advertisement

Anyone else heard from PwC?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Nope, im gonna assume we'll be getting a rejection email from them soon enough! Bit disappointed im not gonna lie! Ah well!

Nope. If I don't hear today I'd say they've been filled.

I hope at least they're gonna give us some feedback...slightly disappointed here as well

Or maybe they're still making up their mind since none of us has heard back...[momentary wave of optimism hit me there :P]

• Advertisement

no word yet

Maybe they're reading this and they're doing it on purpose :P

Or maybe they're still making up their mind since none of us has heard back...[momentary wave of optimism hit me there :P]

Someone here has already been offered PwC though :/

Maybe they're reading this and they're doing it on purpose :P

They should be quite enjoy seeing us so struggling and would choose someone depending on these comments...:P

They should be quite enjoy seeing us so struggling and would choose someone depending on these comments...:P
    You're not Irish are you?:P

Maybe he was on the "Definite" list??

Maybe he was on the "Definite" list??

True.. I like your positive thinking! :D

True.. I like your positive thinking! :D

Anyone thinking of calling them?

You're not Irish are you?:P

Hah...no, im not~ just study here. Is that obvious?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

1st year results: 77%
    2nd year results (1st Sem): 85%

NUIG Commerce
    Interview and job offer with Deloitte, didn't apply for any other positions

• Advertisement

Hah...no, im not~ just study here. Is that obvious?:)
    Just little phrases shine through :P
    "They'd enjoy seeing us struggle and could choose someone depending on these comments", would be a little more natural :L

Well they said they'd make offers on Friday or Monday so there's still some time left I guess...

1st year results: 77%
    2nd year results (1st Sem): 85%

NUIG Commerce
    Interview and job offer with Deloitte, didn't apply for any other positions

that's impressive grades! Make me so shame on myself :(

Just little phrases shine through :P

"They'd enjoy seeing us struggle and could choose someone depending on these comments", would be a little more natural :L

woooh, thanks for telling me that~ try to be a irish so hard! :D

still trying to change my tone nd make it closer and closer to you lovely Irish!:P

correct me next time as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Has anyone any idea when we might hear back from e&y?
    I did the interview yesterday, asked when I might hear back but my interviewer said he didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tsaic

I've heard of 3 people so far who have got offers from PwC :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Tsaic wrote: »
    I've heard of 3 people so far who have got offers from PwC :(

2 people in my class have also had offers

2 people in my class have also had offers

For tax or ras?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

bricky06 wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea when we might hear back from e&y?
    I did the interview yesterday, asked when I might hear back but my interviewer said he didn't know.

did you do an interview and assessment? I was told I'd hear back early next week.

• Advertisement

Anyone hear from PwC today?

Tsaic wrote: »
    Anyone hear from PwC today?

Nope... It's not looking good is it.

Nope :(

HA, take it easy.

With your results one of them should take you.

I wish I didn't listen to your first year results dont matter. lol

Plan A( internship) doesn't seem to be going my way, I'll move to plan B as of next week.

I'm loving this waiting game lol.

I just got a rejection letter from KPMG. aww

it was expected.

I just got a rejection letter from KPMG. aww

it was expected.

Same.
    Got the whole "Talent Pool" spiel too. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭yesman2000

Don't want to upset anyone with this but I heard froma fairly good source that Leaving Cert points alone go along way towards getting a place. For example, someone with 500+ points with half a chance of a 2:1 will definitely get the job. It diminishes as your leaving cert points go down, let's say if you have 400 you would want to have good extra-circular activities and strong college results to date

yesman2000 wrote: »
    Don't want to upset anyone with this but I heard froma fairly good source that Leaving Cert points alone go along way towards getting a place. For example, someone with 500+ points with half a chance of a 2:1 will definitely get the job. It diminishes as your leaving cert points go down, let's say if you have 400 you would want to have good extra-circular activities and strong college results to date

That seems a bit ridiculous. Why not go on most recent (and most relevant) results? I got 460 in my leaving, and have been getting 1.1's so far in college, but I still didn't get anything.
    I think a lot of it is based on interviews and extra-curriculars tbh.

That seems a bit ridiculous. Why not go on most recent (and most relevant) results? I got 460 in my leaving, and have been getting 1.1's so far in college, but I still didn't get anything.
    I think a lot of it is based on interviews and extra-curriculars tbh.

Got 520 in my leaving, have decent extra circular activities and on the verge of a first in college and still nothing... Networking is unbelievably important

you never know the real deep truth until you've become one of those HRs.

Only one thing I can guarantee is the our online applications have been scanned by automated system at first round. The computer will gether up people according to several key aspects. Let's say the GPAs, LCs, Ages, locations and colleges. Then HRs will review and compare those applications one by one especially on work experience and opening questions.

I got a similar internship last year and a HR told me briefly about it when I was chatting with her last summer. :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got 520 in my leaving, have decent extra circular activities and on the verge of a first in college and still nothing... Networking is unbelievably important
    What kind of extra curricular activities are they looking for?

Also, just wondering- I'm doing a 1 year accounting conversion diploma starting in September (I have a 2:1 degree already in a totally different field) so next year, in the opinions of you guys, should I be applying for internships or graduate trainee positions? Or both?!

Good luck to all those waiting to hear back and those having interviews this week! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement