Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer internships

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Posy wrote: »
    What kind of extra curricular activities are they looking for?

Also, just wondering- I'm doing a 1 year accounting conversion diploma starting in September (I have a 2:1 degree already in a totally different field) so next year, in the opinions of you guys, should I be applying for internships or graduate trainee positions? Or both?!

Good luck to all those waiting to hear back and those having interviews this week! :)

I'm assuming it's a PDA you're doing? If so, it'll be graduate trainee positions you'll be looking at applying for.

In relation to extra curriculars, anything that emphasises your ability to work as part of a team, organisational skills, leadership, communication etc is a big bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Had my PWC mate contact HR this morning, looks like the internships have been sorted now, they are doing interviews for the graduate positions at the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Had guessed PwC had been filled. Anyone heard from EY yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

jubella wrote: »
    Had guessed PwC had been filled. Anyone heard from EY yet?
    Nope no word as of yet, not holding out much hope there, aptitude test went terrible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

statss wrote: »
    did you do an interview and assessment? I was told I'd hear back early next week.

yeah i did both on thursday morning, apptitude didnt go amazingly but feel confident about the interview! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Are deloitte still interviewing.?
    Has anyone heard of people getting positions with them recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Got a rejectiion letter from PWC and crowleys dfk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Had an Interview with deloitte today. I think I did ok but I found it impossible to read what they were thinking. I answered all their questions without very much hesitation and I knew a good bit about the company so I hope that impressd them. They did mention that I only had a 2.2 degree at present but I tried to stress how I had alot of time to work on improving that.
    Only question that slightly threw me was they asked what difficulties did I think delitte faced in the economic climate

Nice getting an interview with a 2.2 is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gorrillafrier

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Had an Interview with deloitte today. I think I did ok but I found it impossible to read what they were thinking. I answered all their questions without very much hesitation and I knew a good bit about the company so I hope that impressd them. They did mention that I only had a 2.2 degree at present but I tried to stress how I had alot of time to work on improving that.
    Only question that slightly threw me was they asked what difficulties did I think delitte faced in the economic climate

What kind of questions did they ask you? Was it mostly based on your application? I have an interview later on this week, what department you apply for?

Thanks for your info and sorry about all the questions.:P

• Advertisement

What kind of questions did they ask you? Was it mostly based on your application? I have an interview later on this week, what department you apply for?

Thanks for your info and sorry about all the questions.:P
    Yes mainly based on the application and putting things into scenarios and then just a few questions about myself.
    My interview was for audit but I actually applied for a rotation between audit and tax which I didnt get

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Yeah i had an interview for deloitte today too, applied for tax and consultancy rotation but my interview was just for tax which i didn't mind at all! my interviewers were lovely, told me they'd be in contact by the end of tomorrow but I just got a call from pwc this afternoon with an offer of an internship in the tax department, specifically human resources services so Im thrilled! Just wants to thank everyone in this thread, its helped so much in the preparation for the interviews! I wish everyone the best of luck in the offers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Anyone get any news today at all?

pwc rejection email.

Rothmans wrote: »

Nothing at all. Still waiting on my rejection from PwC too!

Rothmans wrote: »
    No but I wasnt really expecting to. Theres still interviews going on so I imagine that they will do them all before starting accepting/rejecting people

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lou5556

got a rejection email from KPMG today, Gutted. Especially because their application was the least detailed! did anyone actually get an interview for KPMG????

Also, has anyone who interviewd with EY last week hear anything yet??

The waiting is horrible :(

still waiting on EY news....

Got a rejection email from EY. It was expected but still... :(

• Advertisement

:-( very sorry to hear that.

Thanks... I'm disappointed, but I've applied for the year long internships through my college so all's not lost! Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 igiveup2

Anyone else heard from PwC? They rang me today to say that they couldn't offer me the internship due to limited places but that they'd make me an offer now for when I graduate. Anyone else had this?

igiveup2 wrote: »
    Anyone else heard from PwC? They rang me today to say that they couldn't offer me the internship due to limited places but that they'd make me an offer now for when I graduate. Anyone else had this?

No, I still haven't heard a thing from PwC. That's a great offer though, congrats! :)

I'm sure you're on their list as well jubella, they would have rejected you already otherwise.

Haha, thanks, but I've accepted my fate now :P
    Did you accept? It must be such a relief to know you wont have to go applying to loads of places next year!

• Advertisement

The offer is conditional on getting a 2.1 and some other stuff...

jubella wrote: »
    Haha, thanks, but I've accepted my fate now :P
    Did you accept? It must be such a relief to know you wont have to go applying to loads of places next year!

I cant believe that you haven't ben offered a place yet with your results. I got a 2.2 last year and a 2.1 1st semester and I got a rejecttion from KPMG and PWc, which i was pleased about lol.

I'm sure you would get a call from EY soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭shadowysmile

yeah, still waiting for feedback...quite annoying but no choice.

How about just leave this behind...? Don't let this bother you any more. We've done all the efforts what we could! It's been a long time since we've talked with each other right here and I'm sure it helps. What we've done ain't worthless! Just keep those information and save it until graduate programme coming. I believe we will finish that application again with a better understanding than others.

Come back to study now and try to work out a better results. Make yourself more competitive during next battle! Have the last laugh everybody!~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karenaaron

Has anyone gotten rejection emails from Deloitte? Got a call from them two weeks ago wondering which dept. was my preference; they said that they would be in touch in the few days following the call, but still no word. I have 550+ LC points, and a strong 2.1 last year/ first this year. I'm just thinking that maybe they are leaving the interviewing for the 6 week internships until the end, as this is the one I applied for... Hope so anyway! :)

karenaaron wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten rejection emails from Deloitte? Got a call from them two weeks ago wondering which dept. was my preference; they said that they would be in touch in the few days following the call, but still no word. I have 550+ LC points, and a strong 2.1 last year/ first this year. I'm just thinking that maybe they are leaving the interviewing for the 6 week internships until the end, as this is the one I applied for... Hope so anyway! :)
    Unfortunately I think tomorrow is the last day for interviews so you would most likely have been called by now, I could be wrong though so dont give up until you actually get a rejection.
    Im getting really anxious naw,because I just want to know if im in or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Tsaic

Anyone still waiting to hear from PwC following the interview?

Tsaic wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting to hear from PwC following the interview?

Yep, me!

the wait is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lk101

yup also still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

I have an interview with Deloitte in Cork this evening for a 6 week internship, any idea of what questions I should expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I have the interview too, 4.30 pm! :) I'll let you know, I think my interview is for a 12 week internship though.

For those still waiting for a response to PwC, are you holding out hope or do you think they're just not letting us know that we were unsuccessful? I assumed that all successful applicants would have got word by now, but I thought they would have sent out rejecion emails to those who were unsuccessful

For those still waiting for a response to PwC, are you holding out hope or do you think they're just not letting us know that we were unsuccessful? I assumed that all successful applicants would have got word by now, but I thought they would have sent out rejecion emails to those who were unsuccessful

I got a rejection email

I got a rejection email

Today was it?

I got a rejection email

Today was it?

No, Monday just gone

• Advertisement

No, Monday just gone

I wonder why I haven't got a rejection email or a call yet....

No, Monday just gone

I wonder why I haven't got a rejection email or a call yet....

I mentioned the other day in this thread that i had my mate in pwc check with hr.... All the internships are now sorted....

Anyone hear from Deloitte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

What division of Deloitte did you apply to? I got an offer today but I know they've been doing a lot of interviews the last couple of weeks, so not everything might be sewn up just yet.

Aoibheann wrote: »
    What division of Deloitte did you apply to? I got an offer today but I know they've been doing a lot of interviews the last couple of weeks, so not everything might be sewn up just yet.
    I was interviewed for Audit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I was interviewed for Audit?

Ah, I'm kinda audit, but not really (my role is for a division within it) so I'm not entirely sure if everyone has heard back. I know my friend only interviewed for Audit itself yesterday so I wouldn't be too worried if you haven't actually heard anything yet. I'd say there's a fair few positions available so I wouldn't think they're full just yet. At the same time, it wouldn't do any harm to give HR a call tomorrow maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gorrillafrier

I was interviewed for Deloitte Audit and I was told would be at least next week till offers are sent out if that helps.

Got rejection email from PwC yesterday. It said they were impressed so they'd keep my details and get in contact with me in September about graduate positions. Does everyone get that?

Have to say, I like PwC's and KPMG's rejection style... It was more like we're impressed, but sorry! EY was basically like "Sorry, you're not good enough!" :P

Haaa I feel sorry for myself.

Trying to compete with the 1:1 students. Haha

I've heard no word from EY and Deloitte. . Got rejection from pwc and kpmg.

• Advertisement

Well I got a 1.1 for first year and so far in second, and that didn't get me anywhere! Results aren't everything :)

Advertisement