Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer internships

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

jubella wrote: »
    Well I got a 1.1 for first year and so far in second, and that didn't get me anywhere! Results aren't everything :)

Lol V.true but results speaks a lot. Only a few with a 2.2 got called for interview.

Results do speak a lot.

Ha well was fun applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

Any one on here apply for the tax department in E &Y?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Finally got the rejection email from Deloitte. That's 4/4 *sigh*
    Congrats to everyone on here who was successful :)

Awww sry. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

corridon69 wrote: »
    Any one on here apply for the tax department in E &Y?

not tax, applied for assurance. havent heard anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭shadowysmile

nearly the same, just wait for the letter from EY. Never give up though.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

im not sure if I should be more or less hopeful because I havent heard anything yet.

So got a rejection email from EY.

And was told they were impressed with achievements on my application and that i was placed on a short list if circumstances changed thats if the internship process were to re-open.

So thats it lads, no offers from any companies but will be applying again to some companies in the uk.

Then I will play my final trump card.

I dont feel disappointed as my results weren't great but 2/4 big 4 said they will keep in touch when offering grad positions.

sorry to hear that. has anyone else heard from EY?

Has anyone heard of anyone being offered the internship with EY? It's strange that no one seems to have been offered yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 BComm2013

Has anyone heard from Deloitte yet?

BComm2013 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from Deloitte yet?
    No and im starting to lose my patience now but hopefully it wont be too long more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Received an internship from Deloitte 10 days ago for the Audit Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lou5556

Has anyone heard of anyone being offered the internship with EY? It's strange that no one seems to have been offered yet!

I got an email from EY today too :( they said they were impressed and would keep me on the offer short list for future oppertunities. Basicly a rejection. Gutted!

Goodluck to everyone else waiting for news! :D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Received an internship from Deloitte 10 days ago for the Audit Department.

Well done! Do you know if they are still offering because I haven't heard a thing yet?

Did anyone here have an interview with KPMG? I have an interview with them on Wednesday for a year long internship with them through my college, but I assume the questions will be similar.

Well done! Do you know if they are still offering because I haven't heard a thing yet?
    I think they are. As far as I know they only finished interviews last Friday. Some people who applied for the Business forum got offers for the internship instead and im guessing this is why santry red got an offer so early

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭shadowysmile

Lou5556 wrote: »
    I got an email from EY today too :( they said they were impressed and would keep me on the offer short list for future oppertunities. Basicly a rejection. Gutted!

Goodluck to everyone else waiting for news! :D

same...they said they were impressed but haven't even given me a dam call. I really wanna hear something that how I impressed them? :mad:

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I think they are. As far as I know they only finished interviews last Friday. Some people who applied for the Business forum got offers for the internship instead and im guessing this is why santry red got an offer so early

Nope I didn't apply for the business forum :-/ Maybe they just love me :D

I've pretty much given up on hearing from Deloitte at this stage. Its been 10 days since my interview and still no contact.

• Advertisement

I've pretty much given up on hearing from Deloitte at this stage. Its been 10 days since my interview and still no contact.

same with me, only for EY.

Heard from Deloitte got rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

It took them 14 days to get back to me the last time, when they then called me back for another interview in Cork.

I had the interview Thursday, and was told I should hear back by the end of this week.

Cian92 wrote: »
    It took them 14 days to get back to me the last time, when they then called me back for another interview in Cork.

I had the interview Thursday, and was told I should hear back by the end of this week.
    My interview was last Monday so its been 10 days now. I would have expected to know long before now

Does anyone have an email to contact Deloitte? I received my 6 week internship offer 2 weeks ago and accepted it, but I'm wondering when we'll find out when we start, whether it's start of June or mid-July. Does anyone know?

if anyone is waiting to her back from e & y, they got in touch with me this afternoon re the internship so keep by your phones....

Did you hear anything yet Cian?

Did you hear anything yet Cian?

I'm going to ring them this afternoon, I will let you know how I got on.

I'm going to ring them this afternoon, I will let you know how I got on.
    Good luck with that. I've rang them twice already and they said they are contacting all applicants individually so they wernt going to tell me anything over the phone

• Advertisement

Good luck with that. I've rang them twice already and they said they are contacting all applicants individually so they wernt going to tell me anything over the phone

Did you apply for the summer internship?

Did you apply for the summer internship?
    Yes I did

yh same being waiting over 2 weeks for a reply. Dont know whats taking so long. Do you know if they have offered all the places yet?

I dont but im trying to convince myself there doing rejections first and then getting on to offers but I really dont know

I got talking to a diffrent Person in HR today and she said that I will know by the end of this week, but i'll believe that when it happens at this stage.
    Are Deloitte the only company that have not contacted anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gorrillafrier

I had an interview about 2 weeks ago and I heard back late last week from Deloitte and I was offered an internship.

• Advertisement

I got talking to a diffrent Person in HR today and she said that I will know by the end of this week, but i'll believe that when it happens at this stage.
    Are Deloitte the only company that have not contacted anyone?

I still can't get through...

To do who got an offer congrats.

To those who didn't, dont give up yet there are still some intern positions going in some companies here in Ireland and UK.

Its time to think outside the box and try somewhere else.
    For me its not just working with the big 4, TBH I want something better than the big 4 but the thought of staying at home sickens me.

What I'd like to know is how the grad program works in general.

One applies lets say march on their final year then after getting through the interview and stuff when do they start working ?

cheers

Got a refusal from Deloitte today.
    I need to take a while to get over the disappointment of that and then im going to look at some smaller accountancy practices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AmeliaMeg

I was thinking of getting into a career in HR management but was unsure if it would be worth my while. I dont have that much money to spend on a cert and I would have to do it while still working full time so I will probably have to do a crappy one. Anybody have any advise for me since you all seem to be fully educated in this area???
    much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

This is an accounting forum, not a HR management forum.

P.S. Advice not advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭yesman2000

For those who were successful, has anyone heard anything from PwC since contracts were issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Deloitte's interview process for summer internship positions?
    Have an interview this week and just wondering what format do their interviews generally take?
    Thanks in advance!

lauz94 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Deloitte's interview process for summer internship positions?
    Have an interview this week and just wondering what format do their interviews generally take?
    Thanks in advance!
    When I did it 2 years ago it was the fairly classic HR stuff based on the STAR format. Alot of questions like tell me about a time when you did this, that etc. My advice would be to have loads of examples ready so you dont have to stop and think of one during the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

When I did it 2 years ago it was the fairly classic HR stuff based on the STAR format. Alot of questions like tell me about a time when you did this, that etc. My advice would be to have loads of examples ready so you dont have to stop and think of one during the interview

Thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 htvkyglef4bs1j

Is anybody still waiting for Deloitte to get back to you? I have an interview Monday. They haven't got back to me yet :O

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lauzie2011

Anybody hear anything back?

I was waiting for ages to hear back from Deloitte and eventually got a rejection.
    Stay hopeful though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 htvkyglef4bs1j

I am still waiting, Hopefully they will ring me tomorrow and tell me I got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hailo1530

i had an interview for Deloitte 2 weeks ago tomorrow and have still heard nothing back:(. Has anyone heard back from EY yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

I just heard back from Deloitte yesterday and they offered me an internship. :) Delighted, it's such a relief to have work for the summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement