Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer internships

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 htvkyglef4bs1j

Feel happy for you :), I got a rejection :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

What area were you going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 htvkyglef4bs1j

I was going for auditing and sales and marketing and had the interview.I guess I didn't did well in the interview. they emailed and told me I never got the Internship (if not mistaken). how about you?did you go for advisory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

I was going for auditing and sales and marketing and had the interview.I guess I didn't did well in the interview. they emailed and told me I never got the Internship (if not mistaken). how about you?did you go for advisory?
    I went for technology consulting. A lady from HR rang me up yesterday and said that there were very limited places for technology consulting, but they had a lot of good candidates and they were hoping to add another couple of places, but they realised they wouldn't have enough work for the interns to do. She said that I'd done a great interview, so they offered me a general consulting position instead.

I was really relieved, since it had been so long since my interview, I thought that maybe they weren't even going to bother rejecting me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Superdude1234

Hi Everyone! I am thinking about applying for the Big 4 summer internships in Dublin. I am living in County Kilkenny so I am wondering does the Big 4 reimburse travel expenses or accommodation?

I know this is an old tread so I presume some of ye Have past experience about these summer internships. Do you have any advice for me? i.e. when completing the application form/Interview? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Hi Everyone! I am thinking about applying for the Big 4 summer internships in Dublin. I am living in County Kilkenny so I am wondering does the Big 4 reimburse travel expenses or accommodation?

I know this is an old tread so I presume some of ye Have past experience about these summer internships. Do you have any advice for me? i.e. when completing the application form/Interview? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

They don't pay for your travel and accommodation but they will pay you (usually around around 5k for the 3 months)!

If they send you to work outside the city you'll probably get travel/lunch/dinner/hotel accom reimbursed depending on how far away it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Superdude1234

Aha Shake wrote: »
    They don't pay for your travel and accommodation but they will pay you (usually around around 5k for the 3 months)!

If they send you to work outside the city you'll probably get travel/lunch/dinner/hotel accom reimbursed depending on how far away it is!

Thanks for your reply. I presume you have completed a summer internship. Did you find it beneficial in terms of experience and what was the work like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I started this thread originally!

No they won't pay your expenses but you get paid about €1500 a month so money won't be a problem.
    As the last poster said if they take you to another location on an audit, they will pay for your hotel but that will only be occasionally. I was unsuccessful in my application but if you have your 2:1 then don't hesitate to apply. Theres a good chance they will offer you a contract when you graduate if you complete an internship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Thanks for your reply. I presume you have completed a summer internship. Did you find it beneficial in terms of experience and what was the work like?

Yea, I did a summer internship nearly 4 years ago and I would highly recommend it.

If nothing else, it will help you decide whether audit/tax etc. is for you or not before committing to a 3/3.5 year training contract.

Most people that do them are offered training contracts which means avoiding the "milkrounds" which by all accounts are a much more intense and strenuous process.

The work was fine. They don't expect too much from interns, but they will still push you! I was in audit and got to work with a lot of very well known companies, which was cool.

Worst case scenario, if you're not successful with the internship application/interview, it will be good preparation for the milkrounds.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rolrolishan

Hello guys,

I will have the interview for the Risk Analytics Internship.

Any advice?

kind regards,

Advertisement