Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with all these cats!!!

• 14-10-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi new to this so if ive posted it in the wrong area im sorry.

So 3 months ago a heavily pregnant small white cat wondered into our shed and ended up giving birth to 5 beautiful kittens, 3 pure wite and 2 pure black. She has a good temperment and even though i already had 2 rescue cats ive decided to keep the mum, the problem is ive only managed to rehome 1 kitten!!

Ive tried my best to rehome the kittens (all female!!!)and im afraid that if i give them to a pound theyll be put down or never get a home. I cant afford to nueter them all in my local vet.(he was nice enough to do it for 50e a cat for my other 2).

I have huge vet bills as it is as ive 3 rescue dogs who have all been nuetered and one had serious medical conditions.

Im currently unemployed so if i had the money i wouldnt mind nuetering all of them and keeping them.

on top of that the young lad down the road found a tiny kitten about 2-3 weeks old dumped in his garden which ive also taken in and am bottle feeding!!

Any advice on what to do would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Try harder in giving them away!

I had the same thing happen to me with 6 kittens. Had them about 3 months now and managed to get rid of 4 so far.

Failing that, a kitten stew is a lovely winter dish...

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

are there any animal shelters near you ,, i know they are pretty full these days but maybe they could advise you,,hope you can get a bit of help,,sounds like you could use it..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Tittle mouse, there's a rehoming thread on here, post in there and you may find homes, do you have pic's?
    Its getting very hard to find good places due to the costs involved in keeping pets.
    Hope you find homes.
    What area are you in? someone may know of a place that has space.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

Thanks for your replies,

I really dont want to put them in a shelter, shelters are struggling as it is without me adding 4 kittens to their list.

Im in Kildare mymo ill def put up pics in the rehoming section. fingers crossed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Hey, I'm in exact same situation except with gingers. I homed 2 and left with mum and 2 more. You have to become the crazy cat lady and ask every person you meet. I also had some responses from an ad in the local paper (but be prepared to get all sorts...)
    I think you should really push the white ones, they will be seen as more desirable - I've encountered people looking specifically for white, and for tortoiseshell.
    You need to push them now, my 2 are 4 months old now and are kind of past the cute kitten stage. I'm resigned to keeping them, but there won't be any more vet visits other than neutering, and beans on toast for months in this house:mad::mad::mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

ive tried everything pics in shops,vets and asking every1...if they'd been male i would've found it so much easier to rehome but no one wants females!!

I feel like the mad cat woman in the simpsons!!

Advertisement