Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realex and Virtuemart

Options
  • 14-10-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So im in the proccess of getting my employers website up and running for online payments, the sitting is running Joomla / Virtuemart and Realex is the payment provider.

I got a hold of their payment files and have followed the instructions however there seems to be one small issue with it. In the config section on Virtuemart there is 2 options:

Defer Settlement
    Settle Immediatley

I am a bit of a noob here but I would think we would want immediate settlement so i selected that but it will not save, everytime i change and click save it defaults back.

Has anyone else had this issue by any chance?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

Is configuration file behind it writeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Yes as the other settings hold.

Ah ive had a look at the CFG and its not defined in there:
    <?php
    define ('REALEX_MERCHANTID', '');
    define ('REALEX_SHARED_SECRET', '');
    define ('REALEX_ACCOUNT', '');
    define ('REALEX_AMEX_ACCOUNT', '');
    define ('REALEX_TYPE', '1');
    define ('REALEX_MODE', 'redirect');
    define ('REALEX_VERIFIED_STATUS', 'C');
    define ('REALEX_INVALID_STATUS', 'X');
    define ('REALEX_SUCCESS_MESSAGE', '');
    define ('REALEX_ERROR_MESSAGE', '');
    ?>

Should i try manually add in

define ('REALEX_DEFER_SETTLEMENT', '');

Not sure if this is the actual field name though

EDIT Tried and didnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

fionny, you have 2 ways to go:
    1. Ask the developer
    2. Look into the php page and find out what is the name of the field that it pulls it's value from.

Guessing usually doesn't work in programming :)

VMotion wrote: »
    fionny, you have 2 ways to go:
    1. Ask the developer
    2. Look into the php page and find out what is the name of the field that it pulls it's value from.

Guessing usually doesn't work in programming :)

Was kind of hoping another realex / virtuemart user would come to the rescue ill contact them on Monday I guess!

Erm:

Looked in the other PHP and found this:

<select name="REALEX_TYPE" class="inputbox">
    <option <?php if (REALEX_TYPE == 'AUTH_ONLY') echo "selected=\"selected\""; ?> value="0">Defer Settlement</option>
    <option <?php if (REALEX_TYPE == 'AUTH_CAPTURE') echo "selected=\"selected\""; ?> value="1">Settle Immediately</option>
    </select>
    </td>

So im guess i need to add:

define ('REALEX_TYPE', '');

• Advertisement

I have it solved... that TYPE field was obviously already there, it seems the option box is not reflecting the config file.

I tried saving on both options and the value in the cfg changed from 1 to 0 and back as i changed... so just some bug on the web interface.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

fionny wrote: »
    Ah ive had a look at the CFG and its not defined in there:
    <?php
    define ('REALEX_MERCHANTID', '');
    define ('REALEX_SHARED_SECRET', '');
    define ('REALEX_ACCOUNT', '');
    define ('REALEX_AMEX_ACCOUNT', '');
    define ('REALEX_TYPE', '1');
    define ('REALEX_MODE', 'redirect');
    define ('REALEX_VERIFIED_STATUS', 'C');
    define ('REALEX_INVALID_STATUS', 'X');
    define ('REALEX_SUCCESS_MESSAGE', '');
    define ('REALEX_ERROR_MESSAGE', '');
    ?>

Should i try manually add in

define ('REALEX_DEFER_SETTLEMENT', '');

Not sure if this is the actual field name though

EDIT Tried and didnt work.

You need to add this to your code above if you are using Realex:

define ('AUTO_SETTLE_FLAG', '1');

If you want to use the auto settle facility which means that at the end of the day, all your transactions will be automatically processed, you need to give the AUTO_SETTLE_FLAG a value of 1, or if you want to turn off the AutoSettle functionality and manually settle each transaction at the end of the day or week or whenever, then you need to set your AUTO_SETTLE_VALUE to 0.

I have my AutoSettle set up to automatically settle everything so at the end of the evening all my transactions are batched together within the Realex system and sent off to whatever banks they need to be sent to, and then the money lands in my account 3 days later...

Perfect thanks will add that, its a wonder its not part of the script striaght from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

Realex scripts are provided as samples only, there are so many settings that have a large effect that it would lead to complicated situations for realex if they included these. Imagine setting auto settle to yes for a jewellry store. That would mean the money would come off the card immediately before the store owner has a chance to check the bone fides of the shopper. It also leaves the store owner wide open to charge backs. Charge backs are very expensive and if you have alot of them eventually the credit card company can reserve the right to withdraw your service.

So thats the reason realex dont include auto settle, you should think hard about whether you really need auto settle or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Frigus

I've got exact the same problem with Joomla, Realex and Virtuemart. I did what you guys suggest. Will see.
    Looks like they developed some incomplete payment module for Virtuemart. Some time ago I've got problem with line of code in their response.php.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

your better implementing the redirect method, VM writes the order before payment and then on payment the status is updated. If the customer does not click back to your store then the payment status on the order will not be changed.

It also means you are covered for 3d secure implementation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Frigus

It is redirected.

Advertisement