Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bashed up trophy

• 14-10-2011 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I have a trophy that needs some serious repairs, it got vandalised on a fieldtrip in collage, and the lectuers are not happy as it is quite old and and as alot of sentamental value (but little cash value). It appears to be made of brass or another soft, brown metal. It has a number of dints in the cup and the stem is bent so that the cup and base are now touching ( this is what happens when strong people get drunk).
    I feel this might be job for a jeweler or someone who works with metal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,471 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it's not made of a precious metal (gold/silver/platinum) I'd bring it to a panel beater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Given that you seem to be in Cork, there's a trophy place in the Business Park on the Link Road in Ballincollig that might be able to help.

Advertisement