If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon DM38 + speakers

Options
  • 14-10-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying one of these in the next while, and trying to figure out a speaker combination. The unit will be going in the kitchen/dining/living room area, and will be used for radio, and streaming music (via Logitech Squeezebox). Spousal approval factor is also an issue!

I've been looking at the various options both here and elsewhere (What HiFi, AVForums etc), but I'm constrained a bit in speaker choice by the need to keep them out of range of little fingers, so the speakers will most likely be wall mounted, or on a highish shelf.

I guess the £350 mark for unit + speakers would be my ideal budget, but I could have a bit of leeway in that. From what I've read, I've come to the following short(ish) list: Monitor Audio BX1/BX2, Dali Zensor 1, Mission MX1, Q Acoustics 2010/20, or if the bundle price quoted in this thread could be repeated, the Monitor Audio Radius 90 HD would definitely meet the aesthetics grounds (hence the leeway :))!

Given the positioning constraints I have, what would you recommend from the above and how much could you do it for? Feel free as to chip in with any combination I might have overlooked.

Regards,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi JMcL.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The Denon and Radius deal mentioned was some time ago so the best I could offer on that pack at the moment would be £399.95

On the Denon with the BX1 speakers I could do for £349.90 as a pack.

With the Mission MX1 if could offer at £309.90

Q Acoustics 2010 (Graphite) and DM38 for £299.90

Let me know if any of the above would suit :)

Delivery on any of the above deals would be £12.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Hi JMcL.

The Denon and Radius deal mentioned was some time ago so the best I could offer on that pack at the moment would be £399.95

Hi,

I am interested in the Denon DM 38 + Q Acoustics 2010 (Graphite) pack.
    Is this pack still available? If so, is the above price still valid, and does the pack come with speaker cable?

Thanks.

The Dagda wrote: »
    Hi,

I am interested in the Denon DM 38 + Q Acoustics 2010 (Graphite) pack.
    Is this pack still available? If so, is the above price still valid, and does the pack come with speaker cable?

Thanks.

Any update?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi JMcL.

apologies for the delay - I have been out of the office a good bit over the last few days.

That deal was originally posted in October I think - I have a few 2010 Graphite black or Walnut that I could clear with a DM38 at just £279.95 / €339.99 or if you preferred the Gloss finish I would offer that at £309.95 / €374.99.

Again delivery would be £12.95 for the system,

Apologies again for the delay - we are trying to catch up as quickly as possible.. keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

apologies for the delay - I have been out of the office a good bit over the last few days.

That deal was originally posted in October I think - I have a few 2010 Graphite black or Walnut that I could clear with a DM38 at just £279.95 / €339.99 or if you preferred the Gloss finish I would offer that at £309.95 / €374.99.

Again delivery would be £12.95 for the system,

Apologies again for the delay - we are trying to catch up as quickly as possible.. keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Can you confirm whether the pack includes speaker cable?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The Dagda wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you confirm whether the pack includes speaker cable?

Thanks.

Dagda,

As standard neither the DM38 or the Q Acousitics come with speaker cable - however I have no problem asking the guys to pop 4 or 5 metres of decent cable onto this package to ease the pain..

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.