Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon dry cleaners service ??

Options
  • 14-10-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi, wondering if anyone has any bad experiences with shannon dry cleaners on prospect hill. I only ask as I left a suit in last week and when I collected it there was a burn mark (not a cigarette burn but a straight line burn) left on the leg of the trouser. No problem on the day to take it back but now I'm told that the burn was already there and nothing could be done - like hell it was :mad:. I questioned this and why it was not said initially when I brought the suit in but no good, could'nt even get a refund on the cost of the dry cleaning. With that I'm hoping someone may advise on what can be done and /or anyone had a similar issue with them ? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway -> Consumer Issues

Seems to be word against word. Hope the experts in this forum will know.
    Afaik Shannon DC has a good rep on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Em id argue your case with management. They dhoulfnt excepted it in that state an to be honest shouldve left a note somewhere if they noticed it. Most dry cleaners will replace it within a few days. Have a small feeling it might be a small claims problem. Bring it to another dry cleaner, ask them what might of caused the burn. Get talking to higher management and ask for a replacement. Ussually its covered under their insurancr anyway. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Hi, wondering if anyone has any bad experiences with shannon dry cleaners on prospect hill. I only ask as I left a suit in last week and when I collected it there was a burn mark (not a cigarette burn but a straight line burn) left on the leg of the trouser. No problem on the day to take it back but now I'm told that the burn was already there and nothing could be done - like hell it was :mad:. I questioned this and why it was not said initially when I brought the suit in but no good, could'nt even get a refund on the cost of the dry cleaning. With that I'm hoping someone may advise on what can be done and /or anyone had a similar issue with them ? thanks.

Did Tony not sort it out for ya? He is sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

scholar007 wrote: »
    Did Tony not sort it out for ya? He is sound!

Cheers, going to call in tomorrow and see if I can talk to him or someone willing to listen. more than disappointed with the service having to go back a third time.

Advertisement