Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let the Band Play

• 14-10-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, let the band play!
    Let them play on.
    I want to know that it will beat
    while I am going and gone.

Not a note shall waiver
    in exchange for any prayer.
    Final thoughts are forming
    but look: not a stare.

For the music they play
    is forever mid-stave
    as each of us, all of us,
    so pitifully crave
    the bossom of mother -
    not a one of us brave.

And what of the Trumpets,
    who so proudly pronounce
    that the weight of our winnings
    sum not to an ounce?

And the eyes of the players skip ahead
    on the sheet
    to the bar we hear last
    and the next - incomplete.

At least, rest assured, that
    bar she shall come.
    With not the slightest sulute
    for one thing
    that you've done.

I'm in a crap place at the moment, thinking about suicide and how even if it happens I won't be around to appreciate any of the romance of it. Wrote this, have very little experience with poetry so it could be a bit juvenile for some well-versed people here but now that I wrote it I said may as well see what other people think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭harrythehat

I loved it.

I read it a few days ago and didn't have time to reply, but I want you to know I think you're really talented.

Sorry you're in a crap place, but hopefully you can take comfort from your writing. I know I do when I'm feeling down.

Advertisement