Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses to reform?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

I'm all for it.

A few years back I was thinking they shouldn't ruin what they had back then. But tbh, I think this should be a celebration of what a great band they were, the music culture they helped create and carry the flag for and of the great music they created(and that includes The Second Coming).

They had their glory taken by the likes of Oasis and Kasabian. But for me they deserve their moment again, they'll living things up and hopefully we'll hear a new album.

Hope I can get a ticket:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Thankfully this rumour is bollocks

We'll find out tomorrow :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 14qgrctp8yfv60

I care and anybody that understands real music will care too , the stone roses back that'll be a cure for xfactor and all the ****e music out there now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Penfailed wrote: »
    We'll find out tomorrow :)

Yeah, the millionth times a charm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

why is this. hope it's more friendship motivated than money. the last time these guys played, I was sidestage watching! beside some tiny blonde woman. there's a video, Japanese tv shot it. must be grounds in this, Irish indo dedicated half a page to it last wk. would Reni come back?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭SleepAtNight

I'm sure people who see them live again, if they play, will say that there will be charm to the gigs though! Brown is a pretty terrible singer but he does have great stage presence, to be fair to him.

All bands do everything for money's sake though. No band is going out there to make music and lose money. I think it's a romantic fallacy that certain bands made albums because they felt their music was really important and other bands made music just because they wanted to make money.

I say it would be great for a younger fan like me, who never had the chance to see them live before, to see them play live now. It certainly wouldn't damage the fondness I have for the band's music.

Naturally there's a money motivation for any band if they intend to make music full time but I'd hate to see the Roses reform only to go through the motions of playing gigs while Brown and Squire only communicated to one another through Mani.

Maybe it would be a good thing if they were all on good terms again and as the last poster said, was friendship motivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What time is this press conference at?

nm wrote: »
    What time is this press conference at?

3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

When all is said and done, the last memories we want of this band are not of Ian Brown, Mani and a couple of sessions musicians farting out ropey versions of some truly classic songs as was the case in the summer of 1996. Whatever happens with this reunion it surely can't get as bad as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Chalad

This is happening.....and as has been said, there's a press conference at 3pm today at Soho where it will be announced that the Roses are reforming. Apparently (according to their biographer John Robb), they've been rehearsing all summer, with old and new tunes.

2 gigs soon to be announced rumored to be at Manchester's Heaton Park, for next June, with tickets going on sale this Friday. A new album is also allegedly in the pipeline.

Only doubt remains about whether or not the drummer (Reni) is in or out. Looks like he's in, but this hasn't been confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

*prepares to eat hat*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭jaykay74

From Man Evening News feed...

The Stone Roses' reunion press conference - live

3:07
    They're here! Ian Brown, John Squire, Mani and Reni have entered the room. It's really happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

73rd time's a charm eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

They will play 2 shows in Manchester and play new songs apparently.

pressrk.jpg

phpx6kk3athumbstonerose.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Confirmed

Heaton Park in Manchester on 29 and 30 June 2012.

Followed by a world tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

nm wrote: »
    Confirmed

Heaton Park in Manchester on 29 and 30 June 2012.

Followed by a world tour.

Better put money on the credit card for Friday and cross fingers so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Great news. I'd say Dublin will have to be on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope Mountcharles is waiting outside with a suitcase full of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Wow! That is one pic that I never thought I would see! I am delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Played in cork years ago,not the orig drummer though-

Happy days!! New songs too!!:)

It's amazing how they managed to keep it quiet for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Chalad

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    Happy days!! New songs too!!:)

It's amazing how they managed to keep it quiet for so long.

Apparently a few journos knew that this was on the cards for a while, but kept their mouths shut.

It's been reported that John Squire looked the least up for it at the press conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm-407x305.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭SleepAtNight

Fuk it, if they save us from U2 then maybe it will be a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

****in delighted! Let the crazy ticket scrum begin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Any word on an Irish date?

Advertisement