Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Holiday.

Options
  • 14-10-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Not really sure if this is to do with education, but it's definitely to do with the Leaving Cert! My friends and I want to start organising our post-leaving cert holiday. Any suggestions for some place to go? We want to avoid the whole messy/too much drinking thing and we're thinking about some place along the same lines as Barcelona..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Solus01

If you want to avoid that scene and do something a bit more culturally enriching I definitnely suggest going to one of the major European cities. Barcelona is a a really nice place, lots to do and see, you could take a day trip to Port Aventura as well :P Have you thought about Paris? Quite expensive but again lots to see and do. If your looking for something cheap there's always London, cheap to fly to and very cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

If I could afford it I would go interrailing. To me the concept of visiting a new european city every day or two sounds really fantastic and would be such an experience.

But, I can't so I'm off to London myself next summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

MedGirl17 wrote: »
    We want to avoid the whole messy/too much drinking thing and we're thinking about some place along the same lines as Barcelona..

I went to the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, and then to Barcelona for my LC. Both very cool places and had a lot of fun. The only thing is that Barcelona is quite expensive depending on where you stay and its the pick pocket capital of Spain. Lovely city, don't get to wrong, but it isn't without its downfalls. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it for LC.

Another location to consider is Ibiza, I know you said you don't want the whole drinking thing, but if everyone in your group is 18+ its an incredible place. It has a rep as a party capital but thats mainly San Antonio (Major town on one side of the island). Ibiza town (On the other side) itself is magnificent and the entire island is a tropical paradise. The drink / clubbing is really a very small minority. As a plus, you would easily get 10/14 days there for the cost of 5 in Barcelona. As a further bonus, you can hit some of the best clubs in the world or just chill out.

Having InterRailed in France, Italy and Spain, I wouldn't recommend it. I love traveling and thought I would like it, but unless your really into the rough and ready / scouting style holiday, its not one I recommend. It won't be a holiday so to speak. You'll spend most of it with a ruck sack on your back, going from place to place. You'll see a lot and meet great people, but its not your on the beach style holiday. Unless you finish up for a few days in a nice place (I finished up in Barcelona and had the beach there for 3 days)

Advertisement