Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity -1

Options
  • 14-10-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Just had my evening repast interrupted by an Airtricity salesman pressing the intercom buzzer in our apartment building. He was looking for access to the lobby to talk about energy bill reductions. Since I make it a policy not to admit unexpected visitors, I asked him if this was a sales call. He said no. I said that in that case I would not be letting him in. He carried on with some verbiage centered on the theme of energy bill savings. I asked again: "Are you a salesman?" He denied it again, but I could see him smirking on the intercom camera.

The point is this: up until now I've had an ambivalent view of Airtricity, after tonight I have a negative one; and this is due exclusively the the manner in which the salesman conducted himself. He attempted to mislead me and found this amusing to boot.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

He's not directly employed by Airtricity, next week he'll likely be selling Bord Gais or Eircom products. None the less its worth notifying Airtricity about the conduct of the third party door to door company they are using.

If it was me in your position I just would have told him to go away and hung up on the intercom,

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Yes, that's what I did - I said " Well, if you're not a salesman for Airtricity, and I don't have an account with Airtricity, then I have no reason to let you in."
    I'm scared to call Airtricity, lest they send more ghastly 'sales' reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cabaal wrote: »
    He's not directly employed by Airtricity, ,

Irrelevant. Airtricity choose to employ sales companies who attract a never ending stream of complaints. Obviously they are happy for their company to be represented in this manner. That's all I need to know about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The more people like the OP the better, sales reps like this have no right to be trespassing into apartment buildings.
    Luckily they only ever got into our building once that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The more people like the OP the better, sales reps like this have no right to be trespassing into apartment buildings..

He rang the bell and asked to be let in, how is he tresspassing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Make a complaint to Airtricity about his conduct.

Advertisement