Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

They wont let you go without paying for the phone one way or another. Better sleep with them for another 11 months. Prices & tariffs could be even lower by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

peposhi wrote: »
    Hi, Paul

My 18 months contract with O2 ended up in August and they got me a new deal: 30 days notice, 500 min, 500 txt, 250MB for 40 Euro which was fine with me. Then in a few weeks time I saw I was able to upgrade my phone for free. My old one was about to die, so I went for it... It turns out, there's nothing for free though :( I called them as I wanted my sim-lock code and btw I asked about my 30 days notice thing... I was told that when I "bought" the "free" phone, I actually entered a new 12 months contract?!? What should I do now? I wish to move to Tesco Mobile as it would get me a massive 120 Euro savings over a year and I'm stuck with O2 :(

Hi Peposhi

As Kristopherous says below when you upgrade your handset you enter a new contract with your operator. The hanset is subsidised by the operator on the basis that you will be with them for another contract period.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement