Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crashed Carbon Frame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭fat bloke

D'oh.

Commiserations bud. Give her a good sending off. She's gone man. Gone to a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Sorry to hear about the crash and damage.

Would it be worth contacting Scott to see if they have a crash replacement policy. They might not but it be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

It's safer to never use it again. You could have a nasty accident. Keep a part as a momento :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Suppless

Don't write it off just yet. I've seen pictures of much worse fixed to a high standard.

I'd give these guys a look:
    http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/fl_frame_repairs.html

& some interesting pictures:
    http://www.rrvelo.com/repairs.html
    http://ebtroop.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/carbon-fibre-frame-repairs/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

see my pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

If your stuck for cash its and easy fix. There are loads of places that could do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

Thanks for the replies, gonna try fix her.. even if I waste a few pound I'd rather try and fail than not try at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

As Stokolan mentioned you could try contacting Scott about their crash replacement policy.

I found this googling:

"If your frame is damaged in a crash, Scott USA will replace it at a cost, on average, of less than 1/3 of its original retail price."

http://southwestcyclesport.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/the-bad-the-good-and-the-ugly/

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Check this thread out.

http://www.epicmtb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13942&highlight=carbon+repair

He got his carbon MTB frame repaired and has had no problems since. He sent it to some guy near Straffan Co Kildare. PM him and im sure he will send you on the details.

Well lads thanks for all the help got a lad in Kerry to fix it for me! Here are the results

2011-11-25 18.52.06.jpg

2011-11-25 18.52.33.jpg

2011-11-25 18.53.22.jpg

I'll post when she has being put through her paces. Thanks for all yer help again especially 'bgrove'

Bought this frame when I thought all hope was lost - titanium surely can't break :)

2011-11-25 21.54.43.jpg

2011-11-25 21.54.23.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

fat bloke wrote: »
    D'oh.

Commiserations bud. Give her a good sending off. She's gone man. Gone to a better place.
    Just as well he didn't lisen to you.If your not sure best to say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

horizon26 wrote: »
    Just as well he didn't lisen to you.If your not sure best to say nothing.

Do you have a basket on your bike for that handbag?

(hope you didn't hurt yourself younge, epic trashed bike.. legend)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Glad that worked out.. Keep us posted on how she performs... !

On another note I recently bent my steel frame and forks.. There was talk of heating it but it would never be right so I am making a toilet roll holder out of the forks so every time I go for a dump I can think of the Moser !:eek:

Good job you didnt scrap that frame..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

younge wrote: »
    Well lads thanks for all the help got a lad in Kerry to fix it for me! Here are the results

2011-11-25 18.52.06.jpg

2011-11-25 18.52.33.jpg

2011-11-25 18.53.22.jpg

I'll post when she has being put through her paces. Thanks for all yer help again especially 'bgrove'

Bought this frame when I thought all hope was lost - titanium surely can't break :)

2011-11-25 21.54.43.jpg

2011-11-25 21.54.23.jpg

did a lad in farenfore do it for you? know a guy who got his mtb done and he has had zero problems with it

did a lad in farenfore do it for you? know a guy who got his mtb done and he has had zero problems with it

Ya a man in farranfore is right! I'll have her out in the next few weeks and I'l see how it goes.. seems like a very solid job so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

younge wrote: »
    Ya a man in farranfore is right! I'll have her out in the next few weeks and I'l see how it goes.. seems like a very solid job so happy!

Good to hear, Al is a real craftsman. One of the best surfboard shapers in the country too. He told me that he couldn't believe the number of frames that shops were telling the owners to throw out because they were unrepairable. He reckons that most of them could be fixed.

Advertisement