Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justeat.ie complaint

Options
  • 14-10-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

here is the story,
    i searched the restraunt in my area on justeat.ie and found Shirley's house Kimmage.
    i placed my order online including the delivery charge, paid by my creadit card.
    1 min later i received call from a women from Shirley's house, she told me unless i pay another 3 euro for deliver ,otherwise i wont get the food.
    i told her i have already paid online and delivery charge is included and i will contact Just-eat.ie on this as i placed the order there.
    1 min later, when i got on to the chat with justeat support, the support told me Shirley's house has just called justeat.ie and told them i cancelled my order.

what is going on?

it is not finished yet.

after that , the support apologized and i placed another order with a different takeaway on just-eat.ie.
    1 min later, i got another call from this new takeaway and another women told me on the phone that unless i pay extra 50 cent, i will not get my food.
    these takeaways are in the same area that i live so there is no reason for extra charge, both order i placed with justeat.ie are included delivery charge.

this time i gave up, wife and kids are hungry and looking forward to watch a DVD at home while eating some chinese, i told the women i just want the food and i will pay that 50 cents.

this is not about money, this is about priciples.

bye bye justeat.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You say they were in your area but how close where they?

I've had this happen with places that were pretty far away to be honest, JE just matches by post code, and post codes in Dublin can be pretty large. If a place delivers to a small part of Dublin 12 then it will appear for searches anywhere in Dublin 12.

I've also had them return "too far to travel" instead of accepting the order. I'd prefer to have to option of paying extra in these circumstances!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

tekkenman wrote: »
    here is the story,
    i searched the restraunt in my area on justeat.ie and found Shirley's house Kimmage.
    i placed my order online including the delivery charge, paid by my creadit card.
    1 min later i received call from a women from Shirley's house, she told me unless i pay another 3 euro for deliver ,otherwise i wont get the food.
    i told her i have already paid online and delivery charge is included and i will contact Just-eat.ie on this as i placed the order there.
    1 min later, when i got on to the chat with justeat support, the support told me Shirley's house has just called justeat.ie and told them i cancelled my order.

what is going on?

it is not finished yet.

after that , the support apologized and i placed another order with a different takeaway on just-eat.ie.
    1 min later, i got another call from this new takeaway and another women told me on the phone that unless i pay extra 50 cent, i will not get my food.
    these takeaways are in the same area that i live so there is no reason for extra charge, both order i placed with justeat.ie are included delivery charge.

this time i gave up, wife and kids are hungry and looking forward to watch a DVD at home while eating some chinese, i told the women i just want the food and i will pay that 50 cents.

this is not about money, this is about priciples.

bye bye justeat.ie

Does the site say it included delivery charge or does it say delivery charge €2.00 etc.?

I've never seen delivery included, but there's no way I'd pay extra either. Did Just Eat refund you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you're paying online via card, the delivery charge is automatically added to the total before you enter your card details.

Given that you mention the wife and kids, I presume the order was above the minimum amount quoted for delivery OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's not Justeat.ie per se, it's the takeaways that are adding on delivery charges.

Get in touch with Justeat and provide them with the details on the two takeaways. To be honest though, Justeat work only with postcodes and I've had restaurants refuse to accept my order as we were too far, although in the same postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tekkenman

Zab wrote: »
    You say they were in your area but how close where they?

I've had this happen with places that were pretty far away to be honest, JE just matches by post code, and post codes in Dublin can be pretty large. If a place delivers to a small part of Dublin 12 then it will appear for searches anywhere in Dublin 12.

I've also had them return "too far to travel" instead of accepting the order. I'd prefer to have to option of paying extra in these circumstances!

the first one is a little bit drive but the second takeaway is just about 5 min drive...

• Advertisement

If you're paying online via card, the delivery charge is automatically added to the total before you enter your card details.

Given that you mention the wife and kids, I presume the order was above the minimum amount quoted for delivery OP?

the order was about 33 euro including delivery charge.
    31.5 euro for the food, 2 euro for delivery, 0.50cent for using card as a payment method

dudara wrote: »
    It's not Justeat.ie per se, it's the takeaways that are adding on delivery charges.

Get in touch with Justeat and provide them with the details on the two takeaways. To be honest though, Justeat work only with postcodes and I've had restaurants refuse to accept my order as we were too far, although in the same postcode.

well...i read the consumer rights and i know the person who sells me the goods is the one that i need to talk to , so it is justeat.ie
    they didnt make a good arrangement with the takeaways.
    i've already contacted their support and emailed their customer care.

thank you guys for all your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Happened to me once or twice. I went back to Justeat chat and explain what happened. They rang me back in couple minutes and refunded the money. Also, they take something like this very seriously, as a day or two later the manager of the takeway rang me with an apology - I'm assuming it's because Justeat's.

Advertisement