Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Diesel

• 14-10-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Anybody know a good price for it in the Longford/Westmeath Area? Have our own portable tank so don't need it delivered....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

ok i would try the following

Currans Oil oldcastle
    Flynns Fuels in Mullingar
    Jones Oil in mullingar
    and maybe Whelans Oil (but they seem to buy off Currans)

Can you post the prices up when you get a chance im putting in a tank in a few weeks

LF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

ok i would try the following

Currans Oil oldcastle
    Flynns Fuels in Mullingar
    Jones Oil in mullingar
    and maybe Whelans Oil (but they seem to buy off Currans)

Can you post the prices up when you get a chance im putting in a tank in a few weeks

LF

yeah bust today so it'l lbe next week before I get a chance! think my dad might have gone ahead and got some of flynns today... he wudn't wait for the research! so I'll let ya know how much they were anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

i say about 81c would the going rate thought. MGO (green diesel) is normally same price as kero for homes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

It was 90cent in Flynns... pricier than expected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

Jones oil has an on-line quote system that is very useful if your ringing anyone else.

Home heating oil/ Gas oil (green) 84.5 inc.vat

http://www.jonesoil.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

price is dependent on if you are paying straight away or on account ... got 1000 litres last week for 820 paid on the day... there is also one in our area, i dont buy off them anymore www.campusoil.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Jack C

Anybody know a good price for it in the Longford/Westmeath Area? Have our own portable tank so don't need it delivered....
    I remember about a year ago trying to get a better price by bringing a portable tank (1300 liters) to the depot. But still had to pay the "delivered" price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Billy bixby

trying to come up with suggestions to end diesel laudering.How could farmers avail of white diesel for tractors at reduced rate and take the green out of circulation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

trying to come up with suggestions to end diesel laudering.How could farmers avail of white diesel for tractors at reduced rate and take the green out of circulation.

but if laundering ended, then lots of enforcement officers would be out of work? .......are you mad man?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Always thought myself, wouldn't it be easier for the govt. to abandon green diesel and offer a rebate to registered farmers.
    The govt. put green dye into the diesel, then pay their staff to travel the country setting up road blocks to see if they can find people using it. :confused:

There must be a less stupid method.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya just let everyone use green diesel no matter what we drive, where we drive it. Oil sales are just a cash cow for governments everywhere.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

It there anything stopping a farmer going up north for 1000 litres of red diesel at 74.9p and using it on a farm in the south? Is there a limit to what you can take?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

It there anything stopping a farmer going up north for 1000 litres of red diesel at 74.9p and using it on a farm in the south? Is there a limit to what you can take?

shure where's the value in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Nothing at all, so long as it is not illegal stuff and so long as it is for your own use. But then again, why would you go up north and pay £0.749 per litre for red diesel which is €0.837 when you can buy green diesel down south and have it delivered to your door for between €0.80 and €0.84 per litre

reilig wrote: »
    Nothing at all, so long as it is not illegal stuff and so long as it is for your own use. But then again, why would you go up north and pay £0.749 per litre for red diesel which is €0.837 when you can buy green diesel down south and have it delivered to your door for between €0.80 and €0.84 per litre
    Where is green still that cheap? I saw 89p-92p around louth the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

82.5 cent to 83.5 cent per litre around us this week - Jones Oil, Corrib Oil and Campus oil were the ones that I called yesterday. Might be cheaper for you to go south than north :D

€850 for 1000 litres green yesterday in louth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Trucker guy

whelan1 wrote: »
    €850 for 1000 litres green yesterday in louth
    Where in louth gives that price

sent you a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

Where in louth gives that price

same crowd that ruined sean gallaghers campaign:pac:

• Advertisement

stanflt wrote: »
    same crowd that ruined sean gallaghers campaign:pac:
    :D nope! wouldn't buy off them in a fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

MidlandsM wrote: »
    but if laundering ended, then lots of enforcement officers would be out of work? .......are you mad man?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

customs to a lot more then check for green diesel!

customs to a lot more then check for green diesel!
    If you live on the border regions you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise. Were tortured!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

got a fill of oil yesterday and yer man said they have stopped supplying the "new" green diesel and gone back to the old.anybody else hear this,86c by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭bog_savage

Got quote for diesel from a few places today .
    Cheapest was A Browne Oil in Moate , 150 for auto diesel and 94 for tractor .

Corrib , Jones and Flaherty were 1 or 2 cent more for each .

Advertisement