Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supervisor problems

Options
  • 14-10-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have a supervisor who seems to want to trample over everyone, at the xmas night out she had us all do these things, i had to phone my manager and tell him he had a nice ass, i didnt want to but i did out of fear that i would get a bad yearly review, what made it worse was that there was 2 HR reps (close friends of hers and one of them the HR rep for our team !) at our table.
    i also got a verbal warning for making a paperwork mistake and had to go to HR and of course her friend was out there as our HR rep, unfair ! after i got the warning she told me i'd be better off not to appeal because they could make the warning more serious. what can i do if i cant go to HR !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

board.eddy wrote: »
    I have a supervisor who seems to want to trample over everyone, at the xmas night out she had us all do these things, i had to phone my manager and tell him he had a nice ass, i didnt want to but i did out of fear that i would get a bad yearly review, what made it worse was that there was 2 HR reps (close friends of hers and one of them the HR rep for our team !) at our table.
    You had to? sounds suspect...
    i also got a verbal warning for making a paperwork mistake and had to go to HR and of course her friend was out there as our HR rep, unfair ! after i got the warning she told me i'd be better off not to appeal because they could make the warning more serious. what can i do if i cant go to HR !!!
    Sounds fair that you got a verbal warning.. you didn't do your job right? What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

In fairness you'd need to know the mistake before you comment that it sounds fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What does your union rep suggest you do?

You need to remember that HR work for management, so they will be on the managers side, no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭board.eddy

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    You had to? sounds suspect...

Sounds fair that you got a verbal warning.. you didn't do your job right? What's your point?

my point is that the appeal process would be unfair because she is friends with HR lady

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭board.eddy

JustMary wrote: »
    What does your union rep suggest you do?

You need to remember that HR work for management, so they will be on the managers side, no matter what.

we have no union...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,438 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Frist part of that, if true, is sexual harrassment, but can you prove it? Also, she's bound to say she never forced you to. You should have refused.

Second one, as someone said, can't really be commented onwithout knowing more details.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

we have no union...

Well find one that operates in the sector, and join it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

my point is that the appeal process would be unfair because she is friends with HR lady

I'll have to say that any employee who thinks HR departments are totally impartial have no clue of the business world..

HR departments are there to support the efficient running of a company, managment will ALWAYS be in tight working relationships and indeed thus be friendly with many of the HR staff...

HR would usually only side with an employee over manager if there has been a serious miss-managment of the processes... appart from that my experience would be that they will support managers/supervisors over employes..

HR are a business managment function as much as supervisors are.. They should never be thought of as an alternative to unions which is something far too many employees seem to think...

Advertisement